It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Off-Duty California Cop Pulls Gun on Guy Buying Mentos

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

That cop seems like the kind of guy who actively seeks out 'situations' just so he can play the hero.

...What a complete and utter douche.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Look, if you read my initial comment in this thread, I'm not defending the cop at all, and actually said that he should not be a cop if this is how he handles situations--again, you are absolutely misrepresenting and misconstruing what is being said and you're twisting comments to conform to some silly preconceived notion that you have of others. "You sound like one of those childish liberals" when you do that.

I will gently spell it out for you: Citing an inconsistency in what is claimed in an article compared to what really happened is not, in any way, a defense of this LEO's actions. Seriously, man, get over your inability to actually read what people are writing, because I'm in no way unclear in my communication.

Also, your screen capture does not show the officer pointing the weapon at Mr. Arreola--it is when he was pointing the weapon toward the ground, which is the only thing that he did when he fumbled it out as apparent "proof" that he is a cop. Just because it "looks pointed at him to [you]" doesn't mean that it is. It's fairly obvious to anyone who trains with firearms that he has the weapon pointed in a downward angle, and anyone who actually paid attention when watching the video can see that the firearm is never raised and pointed at Mr. Arreaola--a trained officer would not point a gun at a guy like some extra in a drive-by scene from "Boyz N The Hood" with the firearm sideways like that.

It is increasingly impossible to have an intelligent discussion with you--you make sh*t up about what people say or mean, you make immature comments about identity politics, and you can't even seem to understand that which you see in a very, very clear video.

And I don't care what you think it sounds like, it really is okay to admit when you're wrong instead of doubling and tripling down and looking more and more willfully ignorant at every turn. That's a "childish liberal" tactic, isn't it? Childish conservatives are no better, sir.

Just for fun, here's the side view of the LEO holding the firearm from the same video...it cuts to this side view right after the screen capture that you posted, showing the angle at which he was holding the firearm. Again, it's okay to admit when you're wrong, but at this point, I could care less if you do.

Best regards, I'm done talking to you on this matter.

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Maybe the member is a cop and is just butt hurt because you know, cops are never wrong?

Or, maybe the member is not a cop, never has been, and is often on this site calling out LEOs when they do the wrong thing, like I did in this thread.

The willful ignorance on this site is often astounding.
edit on 8-5-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
it's orange county, anyone there who isn't white is a obvious suspect in a crime...it's one of the most racist right-wing counties in the state of California

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkeyOr, maybe the member is not a cop, never has been, and is often on this site calling out LEOs when they do the wrong thing, like I did in this thread.

Lol I was just being a dick to be honest, apologies and no real offence meant your way, I actually enjoy reading your well reasoned posts.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Then my apologies for the tone of my response...I thought that it seemed a little out-of-character concerning some of our past interactions.

I lower my head in shame...cue sad Charlie Brown Christmas music...

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Haha behave, I was the one being a dick, 'tis I who should hang my head in shame!
On-topic though, that off duty cop was a proper dick wasn't he, seemed really angy and authoritarian like he wanted the guy to make a move or something.
I reckon I'd have ended up getting shot because if a cop is being a dick here it is the most natural thing in the world to call them out. They mostly just have crap extendable batons, I actually took one off a cop who was quick to use it some years ago, threw it over a wall, he crapped himself when it was an even fight just two men with fists lol.
I complied when his back up arrived though, didn't want to get tazed, I'm not stupid.
I got let off without being arrested, turned out it was a case of mistaken identity, the cop thought I was a wanted street robber...his mates well teased him about losing his stick, I couldn't help but chuckle.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Yes, the LEO in the video is seemingly a douche who doesn't know how to interact with the public at all, nor make good decisions...or even how to ask questions.

Everything that he did was in the reverse order of how it should have been done.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

By the time he drew his gun a real criminal would have shot him 5 times with it. WTH was that?

That guy is not someone that needs to carry a gun. He should write tickets and run errands between precincts.

Also shop lifting doesnt injure anyone. Why did this officer fear for his safety? Is he a coward? I think so.

"Oh no, the brown guy might punch me...better arm myself like he was a killer."

Cops need to get beaten up in training so they lose the fear that children have before their first punch.

That is what it is. Many cops arent tough. They are just hard asses in many cases.

The cops that are guided by deep fears are the ones to shoot others unnecessarily. They always go for their gun no matter what. Usually no one likes them anyways.

The ones not governed by fear get scrapped knees and elbows and some down time after minor injuries sustained during actual police work. Usually the community roots for them and knows them on some level. They get around.

edit on 5 8 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Look, if you read my initial comment in this thread, I'm not defending the cop at all, and actually said that he should not be a cop if this is how he handles situations--again, you are absolutely misrepresenting and misconstruing what is being said and you're twisting comments to conform to some silly preconceived notion that you have of others. "You sound like one of those childish liberals" when you do that.

I will gently spell it out for you: Citing an inconsistency in what is claimed in an article compared to what really happened is not, in any way, a defense of this LEO's actions. Seriously, man, get over your inability to actually read what people are writing, because I'm in no way unclear in my communication.

Also, your screen capture does not show the officer pointing the weapon at Mr. Arreola--it is when he was pointing the weapon toward the ground, which is the only thing that he did when he fumbled it out as apparent "proof" that he is a cop. Just because it "looks pointed at him to [you]" doesn't mean that it is. It's fairly obvious to anyone who trains with firearms that he has the weapon pointed in a downward angle, and anyone who actually paid attention when watching the video can see that the firearm is never raised and pointed at Mr. Arreaola--a trained officer would not point a gun at a guy like some extra in a drive-by scene from "Boyz N The Hood" with the firearm sideways like that.

It is increasingly impossible to have an intelligent discussion with you--you make sh*t up about what people say or mean, you make immature comments about identity politics, and you can't even seem to understand that which you see in a very, very clear video.

And I don't care what you think it sounds like, it really is okay to admit when you're wrong instead of doubling and tripling down and looking more and more willfully ignorant at every turn. That's a "childish liberal" tactic, isn't it? Childish conservatives are no better, sir.

Just for fun, here's the side view of the LEO holding the firearm from the same video...it cuts to this side view right after the screen capture that you posted, showing the angle at which he was holding the firearm. Again, it's okay to admit when you're wrong, but at this point, I could care less if you do.

Best regards, I'm done talking to you on this matter.

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Maybe the member is a cop and is just butt hurt because you know, cops are never wrong?

Or, maybe the member is not a cop, never has been, and is often on this site calling out LEOs when they do the wrong thing, like I did in this thread.

In all that fake outrage you never said how me asking bone75 if this is normal is calling himout.

Especially to the point where you feel like you need to defend him and start insulting me?

And the willfull ignorance is you looking at my screen shot and saying its not pointed at him lol..
edit on 8-5-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues
This sounds like a spoof of mentos commercial;

Dodododo dodo dowaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

Just as the cop draws his gun, the dude turns around and flicks a mentos in his face, the cop laughs as the scene pauses back to the dude with the mentos... 'mentos, the fresh maker'.

I was thinking the same, but the image of flicking a mento into someone's face in self defense did it

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

One month paid leave. Take that!

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Did they use anerican police in the movie idiocracy? The police there seem as dumb as it gets.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   
It's interesting to see how this kind of thread pans out when race isn't an issue...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join