It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramid of Giza and Speed of Light

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: solve
a reply to: Vasa Croe

-Because its awesome, and if you do not agree with me, you are a dumface-

Best reply! Winner!

edit on 5/4/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Personally, I think the Ewoks and the Klingons hooked up and went back in time to go party with the Egyptians (because everyone knows they were cool dudes). After everyone got really hammered, they came up with a plan to build these giant structures which would totally max-out everyone's craniums for like a really long time. Then they went back to partyin', and did some other crazy S# later, but that's like a different thread, man.

Cool?

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

You should've had some real vivid dreams last night?? Any 3rd Eye dreams? Also don't be too surprised if You now know a bunch of crap You NEVER knew before (I answered 17 questions in a row on Jeopardy™ and I never studied any of that stuff, obscure facts really...)

Well, enjoy Your trip...

Stay Hydrated...

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Check this vid out at 1:09:44 and watch for a short .Actually the whole thing is great but

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Check this vid out at 1:09:44 and watch for a short .Actually the whole thing is great but

Seen that one and I agree it is very interesting! Thanks!

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Read this article... metricviews.org.uk...

Firstly, you're assuming that the great pyramid was made by eqyptians... however, read the article and see that there are many measurements with the great pyramid that have ratios that only make sense with the meter...

Jaden

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Read this article... metricviews.org.uk...

Firstly, you're assuming that the great pyramid was made by eqyptians... however, read the article and see that there are many measurements with the great pyramid that have ratios that only make sense with the meter...

Jaden

You can read Martin Gardner. He showed some of those the same correlations using the dimensions of the Washington Monument.
You can manufacture many different claims from any set of data if you don't mind ignoring the obvious.

Harte

Harte

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

nope, it was something they found there

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

You should've had some real vivid dreams last night?? Any 3rd Eye dreams? Also don't be too surprised if You now know a bunch of crap You NEVER knew before (I answered 17 questions in a row on Jeopardy™ and I never studied any of that stuff, obscure facts really...)

Well, enjoy Your trip...

Stay Hydrated...

I actually did.

I was in an apartment similar to the apartments i lived in during college ( a lot of weird # happened back then).

6 or so of my closest friends and I were all in beds sleeping in this apartment, but we were being stalked and messed with by someone or something.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

America was named after Amerigo Vespucci

wiki
Amerigo meaning = Medieval Italian form of EMMERICH. Amerigo Vespucci (1451-1512) was the Italian explorer who gave the continent of America its name (from Americus, the Latin form of his name).

EMMERICH meaning = Germanic name, in which the second element is ric meaning "power". The first element may be ermen "whole, universal" (making it a relative of Ermenrich), amal "work, labour" (making it a relative of Amalric) or heim "home" (making it a relative of Henry). It is likely that several forms merged into a single name.

So there goes that idea

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

wiki
Amerigo meaning = Medieval Italian form of EMMERICH. Amerigo Vespucci (1451-1512) was the Italian explorer who gave the continent of America its name (from Americus, the Latin form of his name).

EMMERICH meaning = Germanic name, in which the second element is ric meaning "power". The first element may be ermen "whole, universal" (making it a relative of Ermenrich), amal "work, labour" (making it a relative of Amalric) or heim "home" (making it a relative of Henry). It is likely that several forms merged into a single name.

So there goes that idea

Im aware of the direct origin of the America name.

I was more or less entertaining the idea of multiple meanings found in language and a variety of interrelated contexts, sometimes highly subliminal and not consciously intended, as well as potentially meaningful coincidences found in languages throughout the world and through long periods of time, creating the sense in some that those cultures and languages are too separated in time to have any meaningful connections.

Its a school of thinking that a lot of people outright deny as plausible. Ive seen quite enough to know their certainty of its implausibility is misplaced, although i do understand, mostly, where their misplaced and certain denial comes from.

Its sort of like the absolutist mindset of black and white vs. the uncertainty principle, or, linear vs. non linear.

Both are valid and useful imho.

edit on 542018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Sent a PM...

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   

fair enough

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

wiki

So there goes that idea

There is an amusing thread on another site about the whole thing HERE:

forum.the-west.net.../amerigo-vespucci-vs-richard-amerike.21251/

OTOH, a Persian friend of mine told me of the Farsi phrase "ame rica" or "my son."
edit on 7-5-2018 by Lazarus Short because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short

wiki

So there goes that idea

There is an amusing thread on another site about the whole thing HERE:

forum.the-west.net.../amerigo-vespucci-vs-richard-amerike.21251/

OTOH, a Persian friend of mine told me of the Farsi phrase "ame rica" or "my son."

Your Persian friend appears to be wrong Link.
Possibly a dialect difference though.

Harte

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: savvo
You've missed a few things:

1. Coincidence.
2. Coordinates are not specified as just northings. What is the easting value equal to?
3. Assuming your quoted speed is in SI units there is no unit M or S that makes any sense in this context. Perhaps you meant m/s ?
4. Ancient egyptians didn't measure length in metres or time in seconds.
5. Ancient egyptians didn't measure angles in degrees and had no decimal notation.
6. Coincidence

Other than those, and your ignorance of coincidence and confirmation bias, nice try.

Actually this is exactly where you are wrong.

The number of seconds in a day is directly proportional to the number of degrees in a circle. 86400 seconds in a day, divided by 360 comes to 240. (Meaning the Earth rotates one degree every four minutes).

So it doesn't really matter how they measured time, so long as they understood there was some correlation between how long a day is, and how big the Earth is around.

However, the use of sexegesimal numbering (including the tendency to have 360 degrees in a circle) goes really , really, re...aa...lly.. far back in time.

en.wikipedia.org...

So it is highly likely the Egyptians would have used a 360 degree convention. If not all of them, then surely some of them.

As for meters, the Meter actually came about originally by measuring the circumference of the Earth North to South. Determined to be one ten millionth the distance from the Equator to the North Pole.

en.wikipedia.org...

In 1670 Gabriel Mouton, Bishop of Lyon, also suggested a universal length standard with decimal multiples and divisions, to be based on a one-minute angle of the Earth's meridian arc or (as the Earth's circumference was not easy to measure) on a pendulum with a two-second period. In 1675, the Italian scientist Tito Livio Burattini, in his work Misura Universale, used the phrase metro cattolico ("universal measure"), derived from the Greek μέτρον καθολικόν (métron katholikón), to denote the standard unit of length derived from a pendulum.[14] As a result of the French Revolution, the French Academy of Sciences charged a commission with determining a single scale for all measures. On 7 October 1790 that commission advised the adoption of a decimal system, and on 19 March 1791 advised the adoption of the term mètre ("measure"), a basic unit of length, which they defined as equal to one ten-millionth of the distance between the North Pole and the Equator.[15][16][17][18] In 1793, the French National Convention adopted the proposal; this use of metre in English began at least as early as 1797.[19]

So, when we say that light travels at 299,792,458 meters per second, what we are really saying light travels 299,792,458 ten millionths the distance from the equator to the North Pole in the time it takes the Earth to make one 86400th of a revolution.

Or light can travel to the North pole 29.9792458 times in one second. (If it followed the curved path of the surface of the Earth.)

... Or it can go around the whole Earth 29.9792458 times in four seconds. Four seconds being the time required for the Earth to rotate one 60th of a degree.

And once we've got it correlated that far...... there's no reason to get hung up on the units anymore.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
And ... before anyone starts in with the aliens and Niburu stuff, I think it is important at this moment to point out that most of the means that have been used in the 1800's and early 1900's to measure the speed of light would also have been available to the ancients.

One guy used a rotating toothed mirror:

www.history.com...

But it is also possible using astronomical measurements, if you are able to determine how far away a celestial body should be, and then measure the time it takes periodically timed events (such as orbits) to be observed.

en.wikipedia.org...

No need for aliens. Just good old fashioned human ingenuity (and a lot of it, in this case.)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

wasn't it somewhere else before it was Greenwich ? i'm sure, hence it was changed to Greenwich after this was found about the pyramid..... after all, knowledge is about adjusting our blue print of what we know as true.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Greenwich isn't where North/South is measured from. The OP was talking about the Pyramids latitude (IE. it's north/south). Not it's longitude (it's East/West).

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Well this is funny for so many reasons. Like apparently Egyptians knew Greenwich would exist and that coordinates would be based off the location. Egyptians didnt use our system of longitude and latitude. Next you only use 5 numbers for coordinates the rest is useless. For example you could use A latitude of 29.9800000 also gives us a hit on the pyramid, but this is faster then the speed of light. And I'm to lazy to look it up but I believe meters were not used until 1700s.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join