It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramid of Giza and Speed of Light

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Well, the obvious answer is obvious. Someone from the future went back and gave them the blueprints

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Although is is debunked, there still some very close similarities, following link explains this in great detail and also continental drift and other things

www.quora.com...

The speed of light in void is 299,792,458 metres per second while the latitude of the Great Pyramid of Giza is 29º58′45.03″ North. (I presume the longitude of 31º08′ is irrelevant to the discussion). If we convert that from degrees with minutes and seconds to degrees with decimals, we get a figure of 29.9791750. That is the latitude of the centre of the monument or the measure from the top point of it. If we use the numeric value of the speed of light figure by figure (29.9792458º) as the question proposes, then we get the coordinate 29º58′45.28″ that is located just 8 metres to the North (considering the centre of the pyramid as the reference) but this mark still falls inside the pyramid and the percentage of error is minimal.

Amazingly, if we take into account the continental drift As Cipi Steia noted, then the mark was missed by just one meter (!) since the continent has moved around 7 meters to the North (maybe a little less, maybe a little more) from the times when the Great Pyramid was built.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: fatkid

Although is is debunked, there still some very close similarities, following link explains this in great detail and also continental drift and other things

www.quora.com...

The speed of light in void is 299,792,458 metres per second while the latitude of the Great Pyramid of Giza is 29º58′45.03″ North. (I presume the longitude of 31º08′ is irrelevant to the discussion). If we convert that from degrees with minutes and seconds to degrees with decimals, we get a figure of 29.9791750. That is the latitude of the centre of the monument or the measure from the top point of it. If we use the numeric value of the speed of light figure by figure (29.9792458º) as the question proposes, then we get the coordinate 29º58′45.28″ that is located just 8 metres to the North (considering the centre of the pyramid as the reference) but this mark still falls inside the pyramid and the percentage of error is minimal.

Amazingly, if we take into account the continental drift As Cipi Steia noted, then the mark was missed by just one meter (!) since the continent has moved around 7 meters to the North (maybe a little less, maybe a little more) from the times when the Great Pyramid was built.

I read that as well, but it didn't debunk it for me really. They are assuming certain things that may or may not have been known and also assuming history to be exactly as they have interpreted.

Like I said before, I am all about odd coincidences, but this just seemed WAY too precise to be a coincidence.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
No I agree with you Vasa...it can't be merely a coincidence. History only tells us a theory in which we believe could happen. There is so much missing that we don't know about our history. I believe the pyramids emitted an energy/signal to other worlds. Like a beacon of sorts.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
No I agree with you Vasa...it can't be merely a coincidence. History only tells us a theory in which we believe could happen. There is so much missing that we don't know about our history. I believe the pyramids emitted an energy/signal to other worlds. Like a beacon of sorts.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

It is precise, but the premise of your post is that it is “exact” and it isn’t.

That doesn’t mean that it isn’t a great calculation. It doesn’t mean they didn’t know the speed of light, I don’t know if they did or didn’t, but it doesn’t match currently, regardless of how “they” interpret history.

The picture you posted should just look a little different
edit on 3-5-2018 by fatkid because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: fatkid

It is precise, but the premise of your post is that it is “exact” and it isn’t.

That doesn’t mean that it isn’t a great calculation. It doesn’t mean they didn’t know the speed of light, I don’t know if they did or didn’t, but it doesn’t match currently, regardless of how “they” interpret history.

The picture you posted should just look a little different

You'd need to show they had knowledge of meters - a unit invented thousands of years later - AND a latitude-longitude system with the prime meridian through Greenwich England, a town that didn't even exist during the construction of the GP.

Once you can do that, then post it and I'll consider your claims for maybe an instant.

Otherwise, it's all completely bogus.

Harte

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Just to clarify I’m not claiming anything

edit on 3-5-2018 by fatkid because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: savvo
You've missed a few things:

1. Coincidence.
2. Coordinates are not specified as just northings. What is the easting value equal to?
3. Assuming your quoted speed is in SI units there is no unit M or S that makes any sense in this context. Perhaps you meant m/s ?
4. Ancient egyptians didn't measure length in metres or time in seconds.
5. Ancient egyptians didn't measure angles in degrees and had no decimal notation.
6. Coincidence

Other than those, and your ignorance of coincidence and confirmation bias, nice try.

What do the Egyptians have anything to do with it? Lol even if they built it, you are only aware of what the commoners knew. You don't know what the priestly class was using for their advanced calculations...

So they didn't even have decimals but their math was sufficient to build The Great Pyramid?
edit on 5/3/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Must have been one of those secret gentleman clubs..? The one with the pyramid as object of worship must have made this fit convienently in order to add some extra mystery and awe to it all. Then there is of course the use of the metric system..what a lucky number. For sure manmade.. On the otherhand.. there are some numbers calculated into the pyramid telling us information about the Earth. Maybe there are also pyramids on other heavenly bodies because the are somekind of information beacon with info of the rock they are built on.

Just speculating of course..

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

3. The builders of the pyramids were somehow aware of the significance of the exact location chosen to build the pyramids.

Is there another option?

From what I once read
The foundations that the Great Pyramid was built on are the only foundations in that area that could hold such a mass of weight
Interesting

Any engineers

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
It is said the British system of measure was lifted from a more ancient system of measure and if you do not think this at all possible...well you should stop be so obtuse.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Hi , just signed up as there seems to be something here that may be interesting.

Sorry to say but all this is old news by the way...it's been discussed many times...!

www.quora.com...

I think this was 2016 , but I have to say I've seen these numbers a long time ago....

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
www.quora.com... Why-is-the-speed-of-light-also-the-coordinates-for-the-great-pyramid-at-Giza

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

i am pretty sure that the ancient Egyptians used a similar system compared to the metric.

-Because its awesome, and if you do not agree with me, you are a dumface-

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Greenwich mean time has been in use since 1884.

An international convention in 1884 selected the Royal Observatory in Greenwich, England, as the longitude of the Prime Meridian. The line itself built in to the floor at Greenwich is just 5 or 6 inches wide and you can stand with one foot either side.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
A friend just sent me this pic so I looked it up.

And sure enough, they are the same. The speed of light in m/s is the same as the latitude coordinate. I am sure this has popped up here before but cant find a thread on it.

Is this really odd or am I missing something very simple to explain it?

Those same people must have rigged longitude 0 to be at Greenwich so that the speed of light worked out right. At the time the pyramids were built, Greenwich was probably not even a hut.

Thanks, all of this is purely coincidental, as the associated systems/elements didn't even exist to be referenced in any meaningful way when they were built.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BloodStainedGlass

A lot of UK systems are as they would of been at the time measurements based on probably whoever was in charge at the time when someone wanted an official ruling of something be it length or weight.

The rule of thumb generally seems to end up with a distance of around 1.5 inches and once you have a standard unit you can expand it all the way, given Imperial was based on 12 we can probably say its from somewhere like Sumeria in origin like our time system as why change it unless its broken.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

Lmao I know right!
I'm guessing they were psychic too huh?

I'm guessing if anything other than coincidence exists here then the buck lays with those that setup the mathematics and systems we now use today.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: savvo
You've missed a few things:

1. Coincidence.
2. Coordinates are not specified as just northings. What is the easting value equal to?
3. Assuming your quoted speed is in SI units there is no unit M or S that makes any sense in this context. Perhaps you meant m/s ?
4. Ancient egyptians didn't measure length in metres or time in seconds.
5. Ancient egyptians didn't measure angles in degrees and had no decimal notation.
6. Coincidence

Other than those, and your ignorance of coincidence and confirmation bias, nice try.

No its not coincidence. Understand Sumerian number systems and you will understand why.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join