It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramid of Giza and Speed of Light

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

originally posted by: savvo
You've missed a few things:

1. Coincidence.
2. Coordinates are not specified as just northings. What is the easting value equal to?
3. Assuming your quoted speed is in SI units there is no unit M or S that makes any sense in this context. Perhaps you meant m/s ?
4. Ancient egyptians didn't measure length in metres or time in seconds.
5. Ancient egyptians didn't measure angles in degrees and had no decimal notation.
6. Coincidence

Other than those, and your ignorance of coincidence and confirmation bias, nice try.

No its not coincidence. Understand Sumerian number systems and you will understand why.

So, why don't you explain Sumerian numbers systems to us and how that has anything at all to do with this?

Harte

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
while the giza pyramids are 100% man-made, something attracted people to that place

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: savvo
You've missed a few things:

1. Coincidence.
2. Coordinates are not specified as just northings. What is the easting value equal to?
3. Assuming your quoted speed is in SI units there is no unit M or S that makes any sense in this context. Perhaps you meant m/s ?
4. Ancient egyptians didn't measure length in metres or time in seconds.
5. Ancient egyptians didn't measure angles in degrees and had no decimal notation.
6. Coincidence

Other than those, and your ignorance of coincidence and confirmation bias, nice try.

Just like light bulbs shining that bright stuff whenever you flick a nearby switch. Just a coincidence.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
3rd page and nobody has hit on the raddest thing about the Great Pyramid???

It actually has 8 sides and each can only be seen from above it...

But slaves built it and not proud craftsmen...

Either way,

Stay Hydrated...

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord
while the giza pyramids are 100% man-made, something attracted people to that place

"Energy"

And not just the Ley Lines they lay on...

edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I suspect it's not Greenwich that has importance here......but Stonehenge.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

3rd page and nobody has hit on the raddest thing about the Great Pyramid???

It actually has 8 sides and each can only be seen from above it...

But slaves built it and not proud craftsmen...

Either way,

Stay Hydrated...

I wonder if it can actually be called a pyramid then if it does not conform to the traditional, orthodox, conventional, standard, pyramidal shape? Maybe it is an octomyrid? Or something

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Is there a 'fire' in the 'middle' ? Pyr = Fire Amid = middle

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

What does the word 'pyramid' mean?
The word 'pyramid' actually comes from the Greek word 'pyramis' which means 'wheat cake'. The word 'pyramis' was used to describe the ancient Egyptian buildings because they reminded the Greeks of pointy-topped wheat cakes.

The ancient Egyptian word for the pyramids was 'Mer'.

Linkage: hiddenincatours.com...

curiosity.com...

themindunleashed.com...

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

That's latitude it doesn't require Greenwich, the latitude is the same around the great circle . Its Longitude could be anywhere you set the clocks for at noon.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
So ancient Egyptians purposely placed the pyramid at a location using a coordinate system that didn't exist for thousands of years later, that happens to match a constant that wasn't known until thousands of years later, in a measurement system that didn't exist until thousands of years later?

Yes clearly this was done on purpose just to match the speed of light in m/s in sorry, which projection system are your latitude coordinates in?.

edit on 3/5/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
It doesn't matter if they knew the meter or not. You can convert any unit of measurement for length upon any other unit of measurement of length if you know them both.

So, truly there is an invisible objective unnamed unit of measurement from which you can formulate any other unit of measurement. Whether it is a Royal Egyptian cubit, cubit, meter, foot, mile etc. Truly, every unit of measurement has always existed. And many more we don't know about / haven't yet discovered.

Same goes with a unit of measurement for heat and so on and so forth.

What you need to debate is basically whether or not the civilization that built the pyramids simply knew the measurement for the speed of light regardless of their knowledge of the meter or not. And if they did, did they then purposefully place it there.

Remember, it wouldn't take many thousands of years for our own civilization to completely vanish of the face of the earth if left untouched. Things would turn to dirt/earth. Sand and earth would cover other things with many, many meters of layers.
edit on 3/5/18 by Sump3 because: (no reason given)

But for the sake of it. I don't know, even though it would amuse me to simply know the truth, not the ideas of man.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Yeh but the meter is a ten millionth of the distance between the north pole and the Equator, through Paris , which makes life a lot easier to do calculations in your head. What are the odds this position is just a lucky flook . Mabey as anywhere on that line of longitude would still read the speed of light.
edit on 3-5-2018 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sump3
It doesn't matter if the knew the meter or not. You can convert any unit of measurement for length upon any other unit of measurement of length if you know them both.

Yes, but the supposed match is with the speed of light in METERS PER SECOND.
The Egyptians didn't use meters OR seconds.
Cubits per day doesn't match the digits.

Get it now?

Harte

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Yeh but the meter is a ten millionth of the distance between the north pole and the Equator, through Paris , which makes life a lot easier to do calculations in your head. What are the odds this position is just a lucky flook . Mabey as anywhere on that line of longitude would still read the speed of light.

That was the original standard for the meter, not today's standard. But in the speed of light, the difference is well down the line of digits.

I'd like to point out one other thing about this crazy claim. If these pyramid builders were so precise, why is it that this "special" latitude doesn't coincide with the apex of the GP?

Harte

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

I get it.

Maybe there's another unit of measurement with a symmetrical number that matches in the same way.

I don't know. And frankly, I don't care much for it. But it is fun to ponder on whether or not a civilization in the past was intuitive, smart and resourceful enough to use the unit we call meter to measure.

I don't know the english word for it but it is kind of "built in" in an easy mathematical way in our earth and matter itself for that matter.

Not to say it's easy to measure atom's. But who knows. I wasn't there.

To add:

If you take pi-phi^2 you get 0.523554668..... and that is roughly one of the accepted Royal Egyptian cubit in cm: 52.3.

Then imagine that a one unit of phi equals a clockwise rotation and in the second power produces another one a counter-clockwise to it. Now place that to a magnetic field. And whatever the constant of Pi stands for makes for I don't know.

But this is just something that popped in my mind one time. And to further this. This is awfully close to the accepted number for the note C in the fifth octave in standard tuning.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sump3
a reply to: Harte

I get it.

Maybe there's another unit of measurement with a symmetrical number that matches in the same way.

I don't know. And frankly, I don't care much for it. But it is fun to ponder on whether or not a civilization in the past was intuitive, smart and resourceful enough to use the unit we call meter to measure.

I don't know the english word for it but it is kind of "built in" in an easy mathematical way in our earth and matter itself for that matter.

Not to say it's easy to measure atom's. But who knows. I wasn't there.

To add:

If you take pi-phi^2 you get 0.523554668..... and that is roughly one of the accepted Royal Egyptian cubit in cm: 52.3.

Then imagine that a one unit of phi equals a clockwise rotation and in the second power produces another one a counter-clockwise to it. Now place that to a magnetic field. And whatever the constant of Pi stands for makes for I don't know.

But this is just something that popped in my mind one time. And to further this. This is awfully close to the accepted number for the note C in the fifth octave in standard tuning.

You're also not taking into account that there is more than one map projection system that has been in use throughout history. You're matching the speed of light to a position in a coordinate system invented much later. There have been many different coordinate systems used throughout history and there are several different ones in use today depending on the purpose of the map being used. Many of them would not match to that position, many of the older ones could not even be measured to that level of accuracy. The latitude coordinates you provided are most likely based on the Mercator map projection system. Which was first presented in 1569...long long after the pyramids of Giza were built.

en.m.wikipedia.org...
en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I'm not matching that together. I'm not making any argument for the proposition the OP made.

But like i pointed out in my first post. If there is an invisible objective unnamed unit of measurement for length which we draw every other measurement we name. Then it is also for heat, weight, hz/rps, and longd. and lat.

And every measurement can be converted to the other.

But hey, continue to feed me words. I just added some fun thoughts and am making no stance on this.
This doesn't make my life have meaning or save me. It's useful knowledge which furthers wisdom.

Like I said also, I wasn't there.

And either way. My conveying skills of metaphysical, physics and ideas in english aren't good enough for me to fully make my point. It shatters my brain to try to translate it all and I would simply fall short. Besides, this interconnectedness of the world is simply above my understanding in wisdom.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Coincidence. This is not actually the speed of light (which is an integer. No decimal points.) Furthermore, without the E/W reference, the "coordinates" point to an infinite number of areas on the globe (remember that there's also a 2.99792458 N and a 2.99792458 S that would fit the parameter, along with the 29.9792458 N and 29.9792458 S.

So by this measure, the location "29.9792458 N and 1 W" is also indicating the speed of light, and so is 29.9792458 S, -45.252525 E. Or 2.99792458 N 120.3333 W or 2.99792458 N 98.54234 E

...etc.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

What does the word 'pyramid' mean?
The word 'pyramid' actually comes from the Greek word 'pyramis' which means 'wheat cake'. The word 'pyramis' was used to describe the ancient Egyptian buildings because they reminded the Greeks of pointy-topped wheat cakes.

The ancient Egyptian word for the pyramids was 'Mer'.

Linkage: hiddenincatours.com...

curiosity.com...

themindunleashed.com...

Like, aMerica?

Kidding aside, reading the word Mer gave me a slight and perplexed feeling of familiarty.

Apparebtly "ica" in some languages means light...A-mer-ica...the pyramid of light.

This webpage also talks about how Ca or Ka is what the ancient Egyptians called the spirit in which we are, that inhabits flesh in life.

So the word Ka or spirit is nested within other language's "ica" meaning light. Great Pyramid, Mer, A Mer I Ca,...

The Spirit is light. Great pyramid, Temple of Light built to pay tribute and insure safe passage of the spirit from flesh to the other world, through the storm...trippy. The "all seeing eye" is the photon...light...main proximal source Sol...eye in the sky...our spirit that transcends life and death. The eye afterall evolved to see....photons....to see itself. You.

Jeez. I need some rest now lol.

visionthought.wordpress.com...
edit on 542018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join