It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kanye West Calls Slavery A ‘Choice,’ Gets Schooled On History

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Kanye is actually a bit of a genious. Despite popular opinion, the man knows exactly what he’s doing.

Just like Trump during his campain or just like Floyd Mayweather or any other sports entertainer...he’s getting his name out there and talked about.

This thread is an example of it. People who wouldn’t normally talk about Kanye West, are in fact, talking about Kanye West. Good, bad or indifferent, publicity is publicity and the man knows how to create it.

I know he just had a new song come out and I believe his new album comes out soon also. Perfect timing for some controversial clips to come out, wouldn’t you say?

Trump was an expert of this during his campaign. Floyd mayweather always gets people talking about his fights. It’s selling a product. Kanye is a genius at it within the music industry.

Disclaimer**

I’m not a Kanye West fan. I don’t listen to his music. Just giving credit where credit is due.
edit on 2-5-2018 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2018 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: samuelsson

Whats up with ATS these days and Kanye?

I wasn't planning on ATSing today but once I saw this news I knew there would be a thread and the curiosity in me made me log on. The outrage is almost better than gypsy tears.

All the Kanye love lately is hilarious, all because he is an open trump supporter now. Before that revelation he certainly wasn't loved as he is now!

Bill Cosby could come out in support of Trump and they would be praising his soul flagging it to the front page, pretty sad but true.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: Willtell

Didn't Kanye famously claim that he's not a fan of books and doesn't read books? Why would anyone take his opinion on historical events seriously when he openly admits that he doesn't read history books?

Why would anyone take anyone's word for anything???

Especially when one can do their own homework and find the truth for themselves? And isn't that much of what Kanye is saying? Don't let others tell you what to think and feel and believe... Especially about yourself.

Further, there's no reason why Kanye couldn't change his mind and start reading history books -- most would say that's a good thing. Nor is there any reason to think he could only learn things through books, as opposed to conversations in person, or on the phone, or via written correspondence, or video/audio documentaries... there are many ways to learn.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace

originally posted by: Justso
Kanye is mentally ill. The press needs to quit giving him a forum. The Kardashians need to quit using his illness for ratings and money.

Someone needs to get him serious, caring help. An argument or disagreement will not help. He does not have the mental capacity to understand or accept that he is in a bad place-instead, they continue to use his mental illness for their own purposes.

Some people just don't care enough to do the right thing and get him to the professionals. Not funny; just really sad.

He sounds more sane than he ever has!

Because he supports trump, am I right?

If he said this exact statement while being an open Killary supporter would you be in his corner like you are now. Looks like some of you are ready to throw down for Kanye, maybe they can get Trump's "wall of meat" to protect him lmao.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Well now that he supports trump anything kanye says is gospel, don't you get it?

This just makes me so sad. In so many ways, this comment completely illustrates that our words say everything about ourselves, and nothing about those we're speaking about.

Kanye doesn't "support" Trump. Kanye made it very clear -- after prompting from his wife -- that he doesn't agree with Trump or anyone about everything. The most Kanye said is that no one can make him not love Trump.

And absolutely no one that I know of believes that everything Kanye (or anyone) says is "gospel." Well, with one notable definitive exception: Jesus.

So why would you even go there unless that's where you're at? "Kanye must be wrong because he's speaking against everything I believe." So you are only speaking to your "gospel truth" but projecting it on others.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: SoulSurfer

I was expecting the guy to destroy Kanye with Logical facts. But nope, instead it was mostly an emotional rant based on his own feelings.
If you are being lead by emotions, it is a known fact that emotions clouds the mind. Logic and emotions are oil and water. Just saying.

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

So the "take down" is someone telling kanye he isnt black enough to truly experience being black.

The reason being given is hes creatively talented.

So to be truly black you can't have creativity or talent?

I call BS.

Quoted for truth.

Here's some of Kanye's rap lyrics....talk to me about his emotions. And now you hold him up as a GOD because he likes Trump.

genius.com...

Sounds like Kanye and Trump will make a good team...eh?

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82
Kanye is actually a bit of a genious. Despite popular opinion, the man knows exactly what he’s doing..... I know he just had a new song come out and I believe his new album comes out soon also. Perfect timing for some controversial clips to come out, wouldn’t you say?

I don't disagree with this... but because Kanye's latest release is about the same politics and so-called slave mentality that he's addressing on Twitter and in interviews, etc., is it really just a publicity stunt to sell an album?

So did he just decide to make this controversial album for sales? Or did he decide to make an album representing his thoughts and feelings which are also controversial?

I believe it's the latter. Kanye wasn't trying to be controversial for sales... Rather, Kanye's positions -- as represented in his album -- are just controversial.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Yeah he did I pointed that out some pgs back, he also said he don't like thinking.. SMH

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Go ahead and let Kanye be your guiding light lmao now that he says positive things about trump suddenly he is insightful. Where we're you with praise for Kanye 5 years ago? I'll tell you where I was 5 years ago, calling him an idiot like I'm doing now.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I wonder how the altright white supremacist Trump supporters think of Trump, now that he's cozy with a black dude?

I wonder if they feel betrayed?

edit on 2-5-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Didn't Kanye famously claim that he's not a fan of books and doesn't read books? Why would anyone take his opinion on historical events seriously when he openly admits that he doesn't read history books?

Why would anyone take anyone's word for anything???

Especially when one can do their own homework and find the truth for themselves? And isn't that much of what Kanye is saying?

"Finding the truth" about historical events without reading the historical documents and books based on those documents sounds a lot like "watching youtube videos and listening to talk radio to let them tell you what to believe". So no, Kanye sounds like the opposite of the correct approach.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Yeah he did I pointed that out some pgs back, he also said he don't like thinking.. SMH

I think he's following the "no publicity is bad publicity" route. As long as people are talking about him, it's a win for him.

Well now that he supports trump anything kanye says is gospel, don't you get it?

Yeah, until he says something against Trump. Then they'll turn on him.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Go ahead and let Kanye be your guiding light lmao now that he says positive things about trump suddenly he is insightful. Where we're you with praise for Kanye 5 years ago? I'll tell you where I was 5 years ago, calling him an idiot like I'm doing now.

You really don't get it, do you? Guiding light? As I've already stated, Kanye isn't telling me anything new... it's obviously new (and incomprehensible) to you, but he's just catching up to where I'm at... to where I was long before he was a twinkle in his daddy's eye.

And as far as Kanye saying "positive things about Trump," well, I haven't heard it. Kanye said that no one can make him -- Kanye -- not love Trump. So Kanye was speaking positive things about himself -- not Trump.

Nor did I ever use the word "insightful." I am not a Trump supporter, so Kanye saying positive things about Trump would more likely make me critical rather than praise him as "insightful." Trump wouldn't know the Constitution if it hit him upside the head -- from medical marijuana to civil asset forfeiture to eminent domain to lethal force by LEOs -- I have plenty of criticism and objections to Trump's positions on issues.

But here's the bottom line: You have made several very wrong assumptions about me and my positions, and presented them as facts and truth. You and I both KNOW that you cannot know what you presume to know. Not about me... and not about Kanye. You have discredited yourself with your own combination of ignorance and arrogance.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

"Finding the truth" about historical events without reading the historical documents and books based on those documents sounds a lot like "watching youtube videos and listening to talk radio to let them tell you what to believe".

Oh my dear lord. What a small petty mind.

When my son was about 10, he told me he was never going to read again... at some point, he changed his mind -- GASP!!! -- and decided to read again. But not necessarily books. No reason why Kanye couldn't have done the same.

And no reason why Kanye had to read "books" because -- as you yourself pointed out -- it's entirely possible to find and read original documents themselves... we have this remarkable thing called the internet now.

Further, just as I learn things from people all the time and then research it further for myself, so too can Kanye do the same. No one should ever get all their information from one place. And in fact and in deed, Kanye has shown that he does in fact receive information from many sources and is willing to consider and expand his knowledge of that information...

So no, Kanye sounds like the opposite of the correct approach.

Sounds like exactly the correct approach... especially as opposed to letting political critters with personal agendas dictate your information and thoughts.

Which is also a big part of Kanye's message.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

The take down of all time is a straw man? Really? Or maybe you are just seeing what you want to see. Occams razor says it's the latter.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

How can I be wrong when I didn't agree with him?

Could I have said something other than:

I don't know if i agree with it

to make it any more clear?

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Will?

What political party/ideology should Kayne West support?

The one that keeps 'black people' victimized.

The one that keeps them segregated. African American.

The one that keeps them uneducated.

The one that keeps them poor.

The one that 'gives' them jobs based on nothing more than skin color.

The one that slaughters their babies from being born.

The one that keeps them disarmed.

Kanye should support those that 'school' him.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Kanye literally said the following (HERE):

“I am a proud non-reader of books. I like to get information from doing stuff like actually talking to people and living real life,” he said.

That's the exact opposite of reading the historical documents for himself. And that's especially true in regards to historical events that happened before any of us were alive.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Trust me... I speak Kanye.

You have trouble formulating complete sentences and say stupid things very often?

Noted.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

1865 through to 2018 doesn't count and this is likely why Kanye referred to it as a choice.

You make it sound like there wasn't still segregation in the 1950s...remember rosa parks?

"Get to the back of the bus ****!".

It's funny how easily we forget if it fits our narrative and sick agenda.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join