It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kanye West Calls Slavery A ‘Choice,’ Gets Schooled On History

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 1 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Man, this is the takedown of ALL TIME!

Some ordinary guy listens to Kanye's bizarre rap and quietly and efficiently TAKES HIM DOWN!

At about 1:50 in this video you will hear a devastating takedown of Kanye West

www.huffingtonpost.com...

“When you hear about slavery for 400 years ... for 400 years? That sounds like a choice,” West said.

That’s when Lathan hopped up and said he didn’t think West was thinking anything. “I think what you’re doing right now is actually the absence of thought and the reason why I feel like that is because, Kanye, you’re entitled to your opinion,” said Lathan. The sportswriter and podcast host then explained what it’s like being a black man when you’re not famous or creatively talented like Kanye West:

You’re entitled to believe whatever you want, but there is fact and real world, real life consequence behind everything you just said. And while you are making music and being an artist and living the life that you’ve earned by being a genius, the rest of us in society have to deal with these threats to our lives. We have to deal with the marginalization that has come from the 400 years of slavery that you said for our people was a choice. Lathan said he was not only “disappointed” and “appalled,” but also hurt: “I am unbelievably hurt by the fact that you have morphed into something, to me, that is not real.”

When one speaks from the heart some light and truth come forth, that's what we witness in this video

edit on 1-5-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-5-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on May, 1 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

what it’s like being a black man when you’re not famous or creatively talented like Kanye West

"Talented" I dont think that word means what you think it means...

+71 more 
posted on May, 1 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

So the "take down" is someone telling kanye he isnt black enough to truly experience being black.

The reason being given is hes creatively talented.

So to be truly black you can't have creativity or talent?

I call BS.

+46 more 
posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Only a brain-washed fool would have a hard time understanding what he is saying. It wasn't very tactful, but the point was that being a perpetual victim, especially in this day and age, is a choice. You have to choose to base your entire identity around being a victim. All modern "identities" are based in mass conformity. He's trying to wake people up and shake them from their molds and get them into free-thinking. But liberals are being triggered because he isn't toeing line. The cognitive dissonance is tearing them apart.
I've always hated Kanye, but apparently he has had an epiphany and it's probably the most relevant thing to happen in pop music in a very long time.
edit on 5/1/2018 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

So the "take down" is someone telling kanye he isnt black enough to truly experience being black.

The reason being given is hes creatively talented.

So to be truly black you can't have creativity or talent?

I call BS.

You have NO understanding of this!

He said NOTHING about being black. He spoke of legitimate social degradation of a group of people because they are black and that is NOT a choice.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Kanye is mentally ill. The press needs to quit giving him a forum. The Kardashians need to quit using his illness for ratings and money.

Someone needs to get him serious, caring help. An argument or disagreement will not help. He does not have the mental capacity to understand or accept that he is in a bad place-instead, they continue to use his mental illness for their own purposes.

Some people just don't care enough to do the right thing and get him to the professionals. Not funny; just really sad.

+1 more 
posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Does that quote make sense?

Prarphrase:
I think you’re not thinking... and the reason is everyone is entitled to their own opinion...

This is schooling?

+19 more 
posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
Kanye is mentally ill. The press needs to quit giving him a forum. The Kardashians need to quit using his illness for ratings and money.

Someone needs to get him serious, caring help. An argument or disagreement will not help. He does not have the mental capacity to understand or accept that he is in a bad place-instead, they continue to use his mental illness for their own purposes.

Some people just don't care enough to do the right thing and get him to the professionals. Not funny; just really sad.

He sounds more sane than he ever has!

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ItCameFromOuterSpace

That’s utter nonsense.

What do you say to someone who says slavery of the 400 years of the black experience is a choice? He‘s not talking about now.

If he wants to speak in riddles then he has failed to communicate what he wants to say or you think that he’s saying or wants to say

link   

originally posted by: japhrimu
Does that quote make sense?

Prarphrase:
I think you’re not thinking... and the reason is everyone is entitled to their own opinion...

This is schooling?

In 2018 it is, apparently.

link   
Think he meant if they took it for 400 years and did nothing about it that was a choice .

link   

Like I said before, let the Republicans have him. Kanye has a habit of embarrassing himself on a regular basis. Maybe Trump can make him the head of the VA. LOL!

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso

Everything in our capitalist society is monetized. Poor Kanye has his family monetizing his own befuddled thought and he is allowing himself to be used by pedestrian racist nonsense about black people want to be slaves because they point out modern racism.

+6 more 
posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Whats up with ATS these days and Kanye?

He' said some stuff over the years, thats pretty f*n far out there. But now because he talks about trump, he has an opinion on him like anybody else? He needs to be taken down? People are calling for crips to fu*k him up?

Because he has an opinion?

I bet that guy wouldnt have said a word to kanye if he would be following the right party.

Just like you wouldnt have made a thread about kanye about this guy body slamming him to wall if Kanye was D not an R. IMHO.

Trump isnt the worst thing to happen to america. Not by a long shot.

The D vs R

is the strongest programming ive ever seen.

+13 more 
posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

That’s utter nonsense.

What do you say to someone who says slavery of the 400 years of the black experience is a choice? He‘s not talking about now.

If he wants to speak in riddles then he has failed to communicate what he wants to say or you think that he’s saying or wants to say

Sorry that you don't understand what he is saying. I understood it completely. He was very much talking about now.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
All the Alt-right racists love the stupidity and blindness of a black man who wants to blame the victim.

This is Alt right nonsense. Kanye can be a hero of the alt-right. We'll see how far that gets him.

Trump cries every day about how the press is hurting him. Why is that justified? Is that Dragon energy, Isn't he being a victim

You people NEVER LOOK AT YOUR OWN BS

+7 more 
posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

It was fine until he stopped backing the right party? LOL

Kanye has been in need of a serious mental profession since he first stepped out on stage.

But now HE MUST BE TAKEN DOWN!

MENTAL ILLNESS

RUSSIA!!

Really?

Just stop.

Hes been saying crazy # forever. Its just he doesnt belong to the "cool party" or your side of the isle anymore.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

YEAH, AND THE SLAVE IS YOU, ME, HIM

Does Trump cry and complain, YET THAT'S ALRIGHT

+11 more 
posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Whether Kayne West is right, is wrong, is nuts. . . is not the point.

He is not speaking off of a script or a teleprompter. He is speaking as an independent individual.

He is not reciting "talking points". He is just being an individual with individual thoughts and ideas.

And whether you agree with him or not, he should be applauded for thinking outside of a tired and over-played stereotype.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Kanya is a weird guy.
Maybe he just likes saying controversial things in order to gain attention?

Remember when he said this?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join