It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kanye West Calls Slavery A ‘Choice,’ Gets Schooled On History

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnRiggs

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Ok...I agree...you cant mistreat an entire group for years.

So...how many were mistreated by their own in Africa? Millions were sold to both whites and non whites...more to non.

And as far as the right treating minorities for usefulness....what exactly did Obama, or the entire democratic party, do for blacks in the last administration again? Specifically please.

And those who "mistreated by their own in Africa", were probably killed or worse but we never hear about it because, as usual the only time it matters is when a white person is killed.

As for what did Obama and the left do for minorities, I do not know the specifics but I am pretty sure that more was done for them than under any republican admin.

Ah...so only when you hear about it does it make it bad....yeah....let's not research what we hear at all...just react!!!!!

And you're the one that brought up the right mistreating...I was assuming you were an Obama voter and supporter, hence a lefty, and wanted to know what he did for you. If you cant give me any examples, then why the initial statement about the right, and more so why cant you answer?

I can say what I say about the right because I have seen it time and time again. The way the right pushes aside the minority experience by trying to tell them, you have no clue what you are talking about, let me whitesplain it to you.

I said I do not know the specifics, so there was your answer but if you want specifics about the right, just search the threads on ATS or scour the internet for the constant stories about how the right has attacked a minority group or women.

I would but I am not going to be taking off in abit. Maybe tomorrow.

So the right sucks but you cant say what the left has done for you....got it.

Epitome of liberalism...."I don't like what you're saying and I want the exact opposite" #nomatterwhat

Yeah I can honestly say that. So what has the right done for minorities besides belittling their experiences.

Well for one, we abolished slavery, but that would require knowing the history of how the words Democrat and Republican swapped.

2nd....what exactly do you want done for something you never experienced and are likely at least 2 generations removed from?

Again....what has the left given you, other than a "rah-rah" come "Rock the Vote" time?

What you're dealing with right now...at this exact moment...is crap from the prior administration. The funny part to me is that people think a change can come this quick. This isn't a "want a number one or five fastfood" decision.

We likely have another year of reversing the stupid crap done in the last admin. You're dealing with the consequences of your vote. Enjoy!

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
If Kanye trying to say too many black people are using slavery as an excuse, why didn’t he just say it?

Many people say Gangsta rap is keeping black people in slavery. What does he say to that? With all the misogyny, saying the n-word and glorifying crime--which he perpetuates and can go be with his 300-pound bodyguards and live in Hollywood while the young black kids he pollutes with that music have to live in the ghetto.
You see this isn't all about race.

It may be Gansta rap that helps keep black people down

Kanye isn't gangster rap. Are you demented?

Yes I agree that gangsta rap has been one of the worst things to happen to black culture but Kanye isn't part of that scene. All the idiots and criminals in the rap game calling for Kanye to be beat or killed are gangsta rappers though.

edit on 1-5-2018 by Carcharadon because: Spelling

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
That moment when you are put into the position of defending Kanye fing West.

....Yea.

Lol. Yeah. That.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Willtell

Will?

What political party/ideology should Kayne West support?

The Democrat Party of course. For a black man to support anyone else is proof positive of a mental breakdown. I know this to be true because leftist rags have been saying this all week.

Scratch that......my entire life

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I am really just looking for that magic year I can refer back to in order to begin being pissed off at "anysomeonething" I can.

What are you talking about? You're a straight white, possibly Christian male. That year is NOW. We're under attack from all sides. The globalist elites are trying to neuter, eradicate and replace us. Right? That's a fairly obvious theme in current right-wing thinking. People like you and I passionately arguing that we're the real victims is the epitome of baseless self-victimization.

That's not to say that there aren't people out there who are anti-white misandrists. It's 2018, you can encounter 100x as many people and as many points of view as a person could 20 years ago. But, on the whole, we're starting out without a lot of the baggage of others.

I have plenty of empathy for anyone that has had a wrong done to them. I have plenty of sympathy for those I've witnessed the wrong being done.

You mean like when right-wingers screech about other people being called racist and feel personally victimized but when I've continually posed the question, nobody has ever told me that they were ever personally called a racist in real life? Funny how people can internalize what they perceive happening to people like them.

But we're not talking mere perception here.

You realize that the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was only 54 years ago and the end of Jim Crow didn't happen over night (and really, the North wasn't *that* much better: the town I live in had an ordinance against selling to black people up until the 70's and growing up in Georgia I don't think I knew half as many straight up racists as in NJ), there are a couple generations of people alive today who have personally lived through all kinds of wrongs.

Do you think they were just self-victimizing?

Perhaps you can refer me to the magic age at which black people aren't deserving of your ample empathy? Hell, it wasn't even 20 years before Reagan was promoting the idea of the "welfare queen" to keep alive the meme of the "lazy black."

I can tell you that if I was a black man in the 50's-60's, I'd have been radical af — like militant. Right-wing media would have been trying to smear Obama with his possible ties to me. I mean think about it. The right-wing American worldview is deeply tied to the idea that guns are necessary to prevent the government from what? Robbing you of your fundamental civil rights.

I'm going off on a tangent. There are plenty of living people who have experienced firsthand oppression that even you couldn't deny and there are many more people alive today who personally doled it out or supported it. That's not really debatable.

Then you have to think of the intergenerational effects. Society doesn't change over night because people don't just up and change over night. Some people don't change much at all. And people pass their worldviews down, at least in some part, to the next generation. There's a lot of things going on psychologically that will only improve with the passage of time and that's just the way it is.

But let's set aside the psychology. There are purely practical consequences that must be overcome. We could start with the average educational levels at the turn of the century, the waves of migration from the agrarian South to the industrialized cities of the Rust Belt. The deindustrialization of America that started a decade after the effective end of the Civil Rights Era.

If you want to have a serious conversation about it, I'd be happy to do so. I've done some thinking on the topic and I have what I believe are well formed and founded opinions. The upshot though is that most black people aren't simply imagining that most of them are having experiences that differ greatly from their white counterparts, let alone using it as a crutch.

The good news is that when artificial constraints (like legal ones) are removed, integration becomes almost certainly inevitable. Things are improving but I would imagine it's cold comfort to people currently living through the deleterious effects in the aftermath of recent history.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
And yet that same idiot will venerate and idolize a guy like JayZ. Does JayZ live the 99% black experience? No he does not.

What's the difference? One toes the Democrat line the other doesn't.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The world I live in the mainstream one at least has truly...... Gone insane. Our country is in some serious trouble folks. What,why, and how in the world is this in the main stream? Think about it, mainstream Americana culture has lost its mind..

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: ItCameFromOuterSpace

YEAH, AND THE SLAVE IS YOU, ME, HIM

Does Trump cry and complain, YET THAT'S ALRIGHT

I think you're starting to lose it.

Let go of the hate and the programming. Let peace flow through you.

hehe

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I wish I had come in early enough for the drive-by "Right-wing whitesplainin' in 3...2...1..."

Maybe you could enlighten us?

I am really just looking for that magic year I can refer back to in order to begin being pissed off at "anysomeonething" I can.

I have plenty of empathy for anyone that has had a wrong done to them. I have plenty of sympathy for those I've witnessed the wrong being done.

I have none for those that hold grudges for something they have neither witnessed nor lived. History is history. If you're going to use it then you should use it from the beginning, NOT from where is convenient for your narrative.

Forget the past. Let is talk about the present. Do you agree or disagree that the minority experience is way different than that of a white person in America? Do you understand the concept of institutionalized racism and that this country and it's law were created for only one group to succeed? Do you understand that the curriculum being taught in school based on the white experience, while negating the minority experience to a footnote in history.

What an idiotic post. America isn't set up to benefit only white people. Do you actually believe this tripe? This nonsense? This outright lie?

If it was how do explain the fact that Asians and Indians do much better in almost all economic areas over white people?

Huh? Explain that please. If it was setup to benefit only whites how does that happen? It should be impossible accordingbto your ridiculous statement.

Wake up, walk off the Democrat plantation and start thinking for yourself.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
400 years of slavery is a lie in first place.
1640 - 1865 in the US is 225 years.
Mental slavery and staying on the plantation as it were are tough pills to swallow.
Especially for those who don't know any better.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I wish I had come in early enough for the drive-by "Right-wing whitesplainin' in 3...2...1..."

Maybe you could enlighten us?

I have none for those that hold grudges for something they have neither witnessed nor lived. History is history. If you're going to use it then you should use it from the beginning, NOT from where is convenient for your narrative.

Forget the past. Let is talk about the present. Do you agree or disagree that the minority experience is way different than that of a white person in America? Do you understand the concept of institutionalized racism and that this country and it's law are created for only one group to succeed? Do you understand that the curriculum being taught in school based on the white experience, while negating the minority experience to a footnote in history.

Please feel free to cite examples of everything you've mentioned.

I live in GA. I have never seen any minority be passed over for a promotion based on their race. I have heard plenty of backwoods people say bad things about every race. I have travelled the US 4 times. I have travelled Europe, South America, parts of Africa, and a few countries in Asia.

There is more racism in every single other country in the world ( understand most countries in the world are the same size as states in the US) than has ever occurred in the US. There are more racially motivated killings, more religiously motivated killings, and more killings in general worldwide (not US) than any amount in the US. We, as a country, have a %2 lower murder rate than most.....

Speaking of the minority experience in America, where are the threads that praise James Shaw Jr , an unarmed man who disarmed a mass shooter? Where is Trump's praise, the man who literally tweets about everything and anything.

Gee why is this man not being showered with praise and why is a man who was too cowardly to attend the white house correspondence dinner, being praised on a daily basis. Might have to do with his race,, what do you think?

To answer your question, there are stories all over America about racism being alive and well but you choose to ignore them or lessen their experiences. You have just proven you know nothing about the minority experience and have only proven that you think racism isn't that bad based on your personal experience or what you choose to believe.

That's easy. The media doesn't want to promote it.

Quick what's the name of the man who stopped the church shooter in Texas?

Exactly.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Oh boy that was a diatribe...against what/who I am not sure.

So....do you have a figure or pie chart on how many blacks ,that were alive 54 years ago, voted for what party? And I mean those of voting age.

Now slavery has been around for how many thousands of years exactly?

So, in your opinion, slaves have been the most mistreated in the US? And their 2nd removed ancestors are feeling the wrath of US slavers?

Seriously....go global....quit being so narrow. You're better than this.

I don't care about the psychology of the situation. I do care about the ideology of the situation. Psychology is distributed through media and socialiazation. Ideology is mass distributed to effect psychology....yes EFFECT.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Considering Kanye is African American, your comment, attempting to tie his words to whites, is incredibly racist and equally condescending. You are a credit to an archaic mentality that we should have progressed away from decades ago.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Meh, this is just more mind control bull crap being facilitated by by Kayne West, who knows what he is doing... He is trolling the mindless and the media is throwing it out there to capitalize on the division.. Sure slaverly was a choice life and death I am sure, was not the first time this was in a culture and may not be the last time. Sometimes I wonder if all people should be taught history.. We need to mature as a society we need to grow up... Some of the things we argue over is not important, to see people fight over it is very very sad.

With that said.. One day whether we like it or not, no matter how great we say we are, or who owes who what, or this that or the third, the truth, will reveal itself, and for most or all of us it will be this country’s peril.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
Think he meant if they took it for 400 years and did nothing about it that was a choice .

But therein lays the fundamental problem of the study of history and the belief that enslaved African descendants were passive , they were anything but, this is not however the forum to discuss what I know on the matter, because we are mainly discussing Kanye , but the man admitted he doesn't read books, and if he don't, then he have no clue, kinda like flatearthers some of whom are rap artist.
Kanye said.

I actually don't like thinking. I think people think I like to think a lot. And I don't. I do not like to think at all." —Kanye West
www.harpersbazaar.com...

Kanye also said.

Sometimes people write novels and they just be so wordy and so self-absorbed,” West said. “I am not a fan of books. I would never want a book’s autograph.”

“I am a proud non-reader of books. I like to get information from doing stuff like actually talking to people and living real life,” he said.

So basically he love talking out of his azz and this self proclaimed genius is now ya'llz fanboy??
edit on 1-5-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
Think he meant if they took it for 400 years and did nothing about it that was a choice .

But therein lays the fundamental problem of the study of history and the belief that enslaved African descendants were passive , they were anything but, this is not however the forum to discuss what I know on the matter, because we are mainly discussing Kanye but the man admitted he doesn't read books, and if he don't then he have no clue, kinda like flatearthers some of whom are rap artist.
Kanye said.

I actually don't like thinking. I think people think I like to think a lot. And I don't. I do not like to think at all." —Kanye West
www.harpersbazaar.com...

Kanye also said.

Sometimes people write novels and they just be so wordy and so self-absorbed,” West said. “I am not a fan of books. I would never want a book’s autograph.”

“I am a proud non-reader of books. I like to get information from doing stuff like actually talking to people and living real life,” he said.

So basically he love talking out of his azz and this self proclaimed genius is now ya'llz fanboy??

Interesting.

Appears to be bipartisan.....

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

And as far as the right treating minorities for usefulness....what exactly did Obama, or the entire democratic party, do for blacks in the last administration again? Specifically please.

Well because Obama was a "Black". President he was not the president of the "Blacks". in any specific kinda way, and if he and when he did try, he would have been skewered for it, so let's stop, he couldn't even clear the air of a mis-understanding with a beer summit between a cop and professor Gates trying to enter his home without some of you same ppl going off.

As little as he had done for Black folks specifically , he couldn't say if he had a son he'd looked like Trayvon Martin..a lot of you guys got triggered and lost your collective minds, and for the record, I stopped being an Obama fan before his first term ended because of all the cowardly walk back he did as soon as Fox yelled at him.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   

He's breaking conventional thought.

Agree or disagree, you have to admire his free spirit.

He's as much an idol as anyone who breaking a stereotypical mold.

Wouldn't you agree that it would be refreshing to see a gay gun owner walk into a bakery for their wedding cake?

We stereo-type ourselves.

We shape ourselves to conform so much that we lose the ability to think freely. Instead we look to ideology, social media to see HOW we're supposed to think.

Dear god in heaven, it's almost as if our society has become afraid of voicing our own thoughts because they might not get any likes!

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

He's breaking conventional thought.

Agree or disagree, you have to admire his free spirit.

He's as much an idol as anyone who breaking a stereotypical mold.

Wouldn't you agree that it would be refreshing to see a gay gun owner walk into a bakery for their wedding cake?

We stereo-type ourselves.

We shape ourselves to conform so much that we lose the ability to think freely. Instead we look to ideology, social media to see HOW we're supposed to think.

Dear god in heaven, it's almost as if our society has become afraid of voicing our own thoughts because they might not get any likes!

Is he tho?? breaking conventional thought, for the way I see it, it is conventional or just pandering depending on who you talk to.
Gays walking into a bakery armed and demanding their wedding cake..he he DC, that sounds suspiciously like attempted robbery.. especially if they are the heavily muscled macho type that looked like they just been released from prison.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

How is he supposed to think?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join