It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Kanye REALLY Scares the Bejeezus out of the Establishment

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea
If you believe anything coming out of the mouth of anyone who’s income depends on you talking about them, then yes, that seems foolish to me.

But hey, good luck. Can’t wait to see Trump people voting for Kanye. Lol.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Silly wabbit

Kanye's got a long way to go. Talk is cheap. As I've noted many times, we'll see where he goes with this and what he and his buddies actually accomplish.... and are allowed to accomplish. If he gets the job done, then he'll get the votes because he deserves them. If he doesn't get the job done, then he won't get the votes because he hasn't earned them.

You obviously won't be one of those helping get the job done. Like so many others, you've already thrown him under the bus and won't even give him a chance... much less support his efforts.

And, as I've also noted many times and you have refused to even address, everything Kanye has been saying and proposing to do is a real and direct threat to the craptastic establishment who created and failed to resolve these issues for generations.

This is much bigger than Kanye.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Until he actually puts feet on the ground instead of throwing money at the problem I will remain skeptical.

I did volunteer work and I can tell where the money goes... "Administrate fees." Charity starts in the community, I recently lost a good friend who's funeral is today-I held his hand ten minutes before he passed and helped his family clean the house-he nearly bled to death before he eventually passed away. I did the right thing and helped with the clean up.

This Kanye is throwing money at a problem because he is an over compensating egotistical douche that wants everyone to think he is the bees knees. Would Kayne do to same? hell no. I used to take out my late friends garbage bin and cook him meals, I bet that talentless hack known as Kanye never did that for anyone.

Oh by the way anyone with XMC, Hydrogen and audacity can make a hip hop loop, if he can make millions doing what a thirteen year old can do, then why has he never devoted time psychically helping people?

edit on 29-4-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Maybe some strange "timing" connections.

Kanye criticisms of certain "politicians" and "business" people and all of a sudden he ends up in a hospital because of a "medication overdose". 2016.

Hmmmm check it out on a spreadsheet if you dare.
💡🔑

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

No one is “helping any job get done”. At the end of the day, you or me have zero effect on what anyone in power does. It’s delusional to think otherwise. I care about politicians about as much as they care about me.

What Kanye did was use Trumps political outrage tactic as a tool to market his new projects. It’s a hustle. The same one Trump used on his campaign. He took that from Trump. So if you think about it, it makes sense his voters would be all over it like flies on poop-di-scoop.

Kanye actually is a genius.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Until he actually puts feet on the ground instead of throwing money at the problem I will remain skeptical.

Fair enough.

As for the rest of your comment, which does not bear repeating, you do not know whereof you speak. Kanye has in fact done much for charity. And not just (tax deductible) monetary donations. Nor is Kanye and his group just throwing money at the problems.

As noted in the OP:

...the organisation, dubbed Donda Social, will send team members into neighbourhoods facing severe problems with housing, education, gun violence and drinking water to ask residents about local problems. Kanye and his partners will then fund solutions.

Of course talk is cheap... and Kanye still needs to walk the talk.... But it's just as ridiculous to presume he won't as to presume that he will.

But this OP isn't about predicting the future or pretending to know what's really in Kanye's heart and mind. It's about how his words and proposed actions threaten the establishment and its status quo. And benefit the people! At this point, even if he is just a shameless self-promoter, even if he's doing the right thing for the wrong reason, good things can come of it. And those who do want to all the right things for all the right reasons can build on and expand on what Kanye started.

The power of the individual. People power. It's a beautiful thing.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Kanye criticisms of certain "politicians" and "business" people and all of a sudden he ends up in a hospital because of a "medication overdose". 2016.

💡🔑

"Hmmmmmm" indeed.

And not long at all after his wife was robbed at gunpoint in a "secure" hotel with inside help by "professionals"...

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Yup, Kanye has those same lovely qualities that Trump has. A partnership made in hell. What has happened to this country? Enjoy cuddling up to this utter shame of a human righties...

It's 1 am and I can't stop thinking about myself.

— KANYE WEST (@kanyewset) October 3, 2014

I'm not even gon lie to you. I love me so much right now.

— KANYE WEST (@kanyewset) Feb 24, 2016

I wish I could run across a beach into my own arms.

— KANYE WEST (@kanyewset) Dec 17, 2013

Have you ever thought you were in love with someone but then realized you were just staring in a mirror for 20 minutes?

— KANYE WEST (@kanyewset) February 10, 2014

I'm practicing my Grammy Speech. I'm not going to the Grammys unless they promise me the Album of the Year!!!

— KANYE WEST (@kanyewset) February 14, 2016

you may be talented but, you're not kanye west

— KANYE WEST (@kanyewset) Jul 6, 2012

Good to know that like Trump, he also annoyingly refers to himself in 3rd person. There's also his classy side...

I have to dress Kim every day so she doesn't embarrass me

— KANYE WEST (@kanyewset) Aug 12, 2012

Exes can be mad but just know I never let them play with my ass... I don't do that... I stay away from that area all together

— KANYE WEST (@kanyewset) Jan 29, 2016

BILL COSBY INNOCENT !!!!!!!!

— KANYE WEST (@kanyewset) Feb 9, 2016

Bwaaaaaaa! And lastly, as if this doesn't sum up him and Trump together into one sad comment...

In Roman times the artist would contemplate proportions and colors. Now there is only one important color... Green

— KANYE WEST (@kanyewset) Mar 22, 2016

It's just embarrassing to watch the right embrace this fool. Check yourselves before it gets even more pathetic.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

No one is “helping any job get done”. At the end of the day, you or me have zero effect on what anyone in power does. It’s delusional to think otherwise. I care about politicians about as much as they care about me.

I was referring to you actually working with Kanye's organization, Donda Social, and being one of those team members who actually go into the neighborhoods and talk with the people, to learn and understand what their issues are, what the solutions are, and then providing those solutions. That's the job I was referring to getting done. You know, you using your own power and free will and a little time and effort to help get the job done.

What Kanye did was use Trumps political outrage tactic as a tool to market his new projects.

Okay. Maybe. I guess Kanye could have known the outrage he would cause among many with his positive tweets about Trump, etc. So Kanye played the liberals/progressives, and apparently it was pretty darn easy to do.

But here's the thing: He's playing the entire establishment at the same time!!!

Kanye is challenging everything about the status quo and everything that allows the status quo to remain the status quo. He's refusing to play partisan games. He refuses to be a victim. He refuses to be silenced. He refuses to hate. He refuses to be part of the divide-and-conquer battles. He refuses to give up his power. His power to think for himself, to speak for himself, to act for himself -- and to act for others!

Kanye is offering solutions. And, more important precisely because it's more of a threat to the establishment, ALTERNATE solutions for the benefit of real people with real problems.

Kanye actually is a genius.

He may well be.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Too funny. Kanye is who he is. And I'm thinking it may be a good thing Kanye is who he is. Given the power and force that he's going up against, yeah, it's going to take someone with a mighty high opinion of themselves and their abilities and their resources to think they can pull it off. No matter what their underlying motives and intentions are.

For all we know, Kanye may think that his ultimate crowning glory would be to personally "save" Chicago and is fully and totally committed to doing so.

I cannot speak for what is in Kanye's heart and mind. Neither can you. No one can except Kanye, and he seems to be quite happy to do so.

What I do know is that Kanye is challenging all that the establishment depends on -- and therefore encourages and escalates and perpetuates -- to maintain their criminally corrupt stranglehold on the people. And that's a good thing.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Fight fire with fire

Fight insanity with insanity

Any normal person knows that they cant go against the establishment and win. It takes a self loving wacky person to do it and win. lol

Sadly there is truth to that. There are leaders and there are followers. The leaders will go against the grain and do what they feel is right. The followers simply wait for them to do it and complain on forums on how horrible a person everyone is one one side or the other.

We're such a sad bunch of followers.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

LOS ANGELES—Expressing concern over the fallout from several controversial tweets praising the president, Kanye West’s publicist was reportedly worried Thursday that the rapper’s support of Donald Trump would damage his carefully crafted public image as a manic, self-absorbed lunatic. “Christ, we’ve worked so hard to maintain this image of Kanye as an incredibly vain, impulsive madman, and now he’s gone and ruined it all,” said stressed-out publicist Tracy Nguyen Romulus, explaining that she was in the middle of a massive damage control campaign to counter the effects that West’s statements had on fans who had always seen the hip-hop star as paranoid, egotistical, and delusional. “I’m concerned that when people think of Kanye now, they’ll associate him with these tweets, and not as being a bat# narcissist who will say absolutely anything for attention.

Not to mention Kanye went and linked himself to our deeply unpopular president, destroying the illusion that he’s really just a deranged egomaniac absolutely obsessed with fame and power, and someone who already voiced support for Trump in the past. I don’t know what we’re going to do.” The publicist was also worried that a number of Kanye’s tweets about thought police and his inability to be managed would confuse and even alienate a public who knew the rapper to be straightforward, clear, and modest.

The Onion

No one is scared. lol

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

Fight fire with fire

Exactly!

Any normal person knows that they cant go against the establishment and win. It takes a self loving wacky person to do it and win. lol

Sadly there is truth to that. There are leaders and there are followers. The leaders will go against the grain and do what they feel is right. The followers simply wait for them to do it and complain on forums on how horrible a person everyone is one one side or the other.

Maybe Kanye can set a new standard for "followers" -- outside the box with eyes wide open. Maybe Kanye can make it trendy to challenge the status quo, and think for ourselves and act for ourselves!

He's obviously already gotten some of his rapper buddies to not only see how the political critters have failed their hometown, but to also see they can be the answer they've been waiting for. That's pretty powerful stuff. And once people find that power in themselves, there's no going back. Perhaps they can likewise challenge their biggest critics to stop trash talking and stop waiting for others to do the hard work, and to join them.

We can hope...

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I was born and raised in the belly of the beast... quite true.

Which is also how I know that Kanye doesn't fit. He never has. And I doubt he ever will. And I'm betting he doesn't want to. Which just makes him that much more dangerous to the PTB.

I also suspect that the more he is demonized and vilified the more determined he will become in realizing his ideals. What's he got to lose at that point???

I've noticed lately, my facebooks friends, who were raised in the belly, at various levels, are beginning to have public discussions about the various societies they belong to, and the rules.

Kind of shocking to me really. But, I think it is an indication that many of the youngers, are having serious differences of opinion, with the old order powers that were. I look to them...who do know all the rules and practices....to join into a new model of prosperity for everyone.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Okay. You know exactly what Kanye's motives are and me and others are just fools... got it.

But for the record, I don't believe anything about Kanye's heart and mind. What I do know is that he's talking about issues that the authorities have failed to even adequately address, much less solve, and talking about actually doing something about it as an individual. He's talking about people power. And he's talking outside the box... outside the left/right paradigm... outside the echo chamber.

And that's dangerous to the establishment. Even if Kanye is only smart enough and crafty enough to know that it will serve his personal interests well and is exploiting the opportunity for every possible gain, the establishment doesn't want their apple cart toppled with that kind of talk.

And imagine if Kanye actually proceeds to take real and effective action as promised (threatened?)... even if only for his own personal ambitions and to promote himself ultimately... imagine how much trouble he could cause the establishment.

Sounds rather brilliant actually. Expose the roaches and then fill the void.

No matter how you look at it, Kanye isn't playing the game. And that scares those with everything to lose.

It just popped into my head...that certain factions may just be misunderestimating Kanye...

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Zackly! He has six years to achieve this transformation, under the tutelage of Prez the Donald. And we've certainly seen a few make that leap successfully.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Enderdog

I'm not on FB... but I've seen something similar among peeps of all ages from all walks of life. Older folks who believed in the "rules" and played by the "rules" and then got screwed by those same "rules." And younger folks who saw it happen to their parents and grandparents and aunts and uncles and because they know better, they refuse to buy into it.

It's the younger generations who see (and suffer) the failings of the previous generations. But those same older generations have done everything to dumb down and manipulate and subjugate the younger generations... can't have then demanding real solutions, right? Or even worse -- gasp! -- finding and implementing their own solutions with no help from the PTB, eh?

Maybe we need to see these failures to learn and know what not to do, as well as find what has worked and what we must do more of -- and better. But it will have to be a joint effort, with contributions from all generations, to find effective solutions. Folks of every generation have valuable experience and insight and ideas to offer.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

💡🔑

Yeah. IMO, he started going off the reservation years ago...and was "handled" much the same way as Dave Chapelle.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enderdog

It just popped into my head...that certain factions may just be misunderestimating Kanye...

I think we're well aware, current president & all, that idiocy + money can get you all the way to the white house.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

Fight fire with fire

Exactly!

Maybe Kanye can set a new standard for "followers" -- outside the box with eyes wide open. Maybe Kanye can make it trendy to challenge the status quo, and think for ourselves and act for ourselves!

He's obviously already gotten some of his rapper buddies to not only see how the political critters have failed their hometown, but to also see they can be the answer they've been waiting for. That's pretty powerful stuff. And once people find that power in themselves, there's no going back. Perhaps they can likewise challenge their biggest critics to stop trash talking and stop waiting for others to do the hard work, and to join them.

We can hope...

Maybe not being evil, can become cool again!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join