It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Kanye REALLY Scares the Bejeezus out of the Establishment

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

originally posted by: Enderdog

It just popped into my head...that certain factions may just be misunderestimating Kanye...

I think we're well aware, current president & all, that idiocy + money can get you all the way to the white house.

Nice spin! May I quote you?

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enderdog
a reply to: Boadicea

Zackly! He has six years to achieve this transformation, under the tutelage of Prez the Donald. And we've certainly seen a few make that leap successfully.

My husband and I were talking about just that type of scenario. I can see Trump offering to mentor Kanye... or create some sort of partnership... Kanye would get national attention and publicity... he can agree with Trump just enough to keep the team alive, and therefore the interest of the Trump base, and he can disagree with Trump just enough to keep the interest of the rebels out there.

I'm as sure as I can be that it's only the loudest and ugliest that get the most media attention, but that the people are ready, willing and able to embrace and support real problem solvers and real leaders of any political ideology.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

But trump is the establishment.
So he is not going against the establishment , he is becoming part of it.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

But trump is the establishment.

That's true to the extent that he is now formally part of the institution of formal government... but he may or may not be part of the so-called shadow government or deep state. From all appearances it would seem that Trump is an outsider and quite unwanted by those who have entrenched themselves in all levels and branches of government. And, yes, appearances can be deceiving.... often intentionally.

So he is not going against the establishment , he is becoming part of it.

Trump or Kanye or both?

Either or both, we'll have to see how things play out before we'll know that. I will say, however, that his Donda Social team has nothing to do with the establishment... and is actually anti-establishment, blaming government for the problems and failing to address the problems. Their efforts will be on their own dime, on their own initiative, and their own time and trouble. Nothing establishment about that.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
You know you're in crazy world when a bunch of right wingers are out defending Kanye Bleeding West.

It's amazing that when Eminem said negative things about Trump, all you heard from Trumpanzees was keep "Politics out of music", "what does he know, he's a rapper" now Kanye is Trumps friend "He's the biggest selling hip hop artist who got red pilled"

I'd like to see sources on biggest selling hip hop star, compared to Dre and Jay Z, Snoop and Puff Daddy, hell I'll throw Ice Cube and LL cool J in there as possibly having more. Oh wait I'll save you time the answer is..... EMINEM.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

Wow. Quite the (completely off topic) rant there. This thread isn't about Trump, it's not about praising promoting Trump, it's really not even about Kanye's tweets about Trump, except as they fit into the big picture. And it's not at all about his supporters. It's about the various things that Kanye is saying and doing that goes completely against the status quo and the establishment's stranglehold.

But hey! You got to talk a lot of trash and insult lots of people you don't like and get to feel all high and mighty about it. Doesn't fix anything. It really takes nothing away from any of your targets. In fact, exactly the opposite... everything you say says everything about you.

But it sure makes you feel all big and proud about your awesome self, eh?

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
It´s just Kanye West, another sellout hero, another silly VIP with known mental problems, one of the few known uncle toms, is he really that important?

Uncle Tom?

Really?

Wonderful Progressive Thoughts You have.

The true colors shine through

That from a german surprises you?

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Goes to show you the state of Trump and his supporters, when people like Kayne West is a banner to their beliefs. The guy is often on the verge of a breakdown. His drug induced rants in public alone make him a joke. Taking over the stage to embarrass others.. acting as if only his opinion matters.. hmm, reminds me of someone!

And that sad person is your stand-up guy? Pathetic.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

And that sad person is your stand-up guy? Pathetic.

Just giving credit where credit is due. Absolutely nothing pathetic about that.

What's pathetic are the folks who can't get past their own egos and do the same... all while crying about Kanye and/or Trump. Sheesh. Can't have the wrong persons actually wanting to help people and work with people to do good... Better to let folks suffer while we "rah! rah" for the ones who only make matters worse.

That's pathetic.
edit on 29-4-2018 by Boadicea because: added "Trump"

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
It´s just Kanye West, another sellout hero, another silly VIP with known mental problems, one of the few known uncle toms, is he really that important?

You really just called Kanye an Uncle Tom? Really? You are racist garbage.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: knoxie

LOL I guess Trump's handling of Puerto Rico turned Kanye to love Trump?

So what? People can't change? I was 100% a Bush supporter back in the day. I knew nothing about politics. Then the towers came down and I backed Bush and the neo-cons fully.

Then I grew up, became smarter politically and now? Now if like to see the entire Bush Klan strung up beside the Clinton Cabal.

People change. And those that don't are most likely far right nut jobs or their ideological cousins on the left.
Holding that video up as proof of anything is ridiculous. Like most of your posts.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

who's demonizing and vilifying him? lol

the right is latching on to him pretty hard core.. seems super desperate. he's nothing but a egomaniac troll who NEEDS attention, nothing more. lol

Haven't been on Twitter lately hey? Or FakeBook?

Hell the very first response in this thread by DerB was that poster calling him an Uncle Tom.

But yeah nobody is demonizing or vilifying.

We need an emoji that symbolizes clueless.

*insert clueless emoji here*

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

WOW, silly VIP with mental problems, sellout uncle Tom. God forbid someone have a different opinion than you, judgmental much? Others are allowed to have their own opinions like it or not and soon as people start living their life and stop being butt hurt every time someone disagrees with them the sooner this planet can get to the level it needs to be at. Live and let live. Worry about your own house because that is all you can control.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

so he's a gay fish according to you. In what way at all does that affect you if he is. It doesn't, it is so sad when people start worrying more about others than trying to clean up their own front yard.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I wish him luck in doing something good.
I stand firm in my opinion that his music sucks.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

So any black person that doesn't tow the party line is an Uncle Tom? Can't you see that attitude is the exact thing that we are all fighting and the exact thing that keeps many blacks down? Why do so many people have a problem with live and let live. This limited imagination sees all as a zero sum game instead of raising all boats to our fullest potential. Representing the worst in us you saddle yourself, and your progeny with a limited life.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Ditto, I really hate his music. However by some mystical position that he frees the minds of millions .... let it rain.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Wow harsh. There are black people who just want an equal playing field and are tired of entitlement checks. If Kanye is proactive great!!! He is no uncle Tom. Remember it was souther Democrats who were the Klansman of the time. Did it ever occur to you that modern Democrats may talk out of both sides of their mouth. Loudly speaking out for blacks but at the same time keeping them in a cycle of lateral social movement not one that gives them vertical progress as in moving up the ladder. Think a bit deeper cause Democrats make one think Republicans are not inclusive but historically were the ones that gave blacks their head start. President Trump has never acted or done anything racist. It is the leftist media that has twisted the narrative and repeated it over and over and over and over and over until finally the weak minded believe so. Classic social engineering.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep
It seems like he may be the establishment but one must take baby steps in order to affect change in President Trumps position. Remember a certain president that tried to print silver certificates, rethink Vietnam, and challenge the deep state as he did in a famous speech? President Kennedy. Look what happened to him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join