It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

live to be 1 000

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 06:57 AM
link   
click here to watch it

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
If we do live to be a 1000 how many of those years will we spend working. Surely all the extra people will cause huge unemployment and even if it doesn''t how many times will we have to get training or go back to college for new jobs because i have been at my current job for 4 years and its nearly got me driven round the bend. can' imagine doing for another few hundred years

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I guess we forgot how old some of the people were in the old testament.... like noah and moses..

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911
I guess we forgot how old some of the people were in the old testament.... like noah and moses..

hah.. I was just waiting for someone to tackle this question. Do you personally think thats proof?

By the way the question was completely legit.. no sarcasm.

[edit on 19-2-2005 by Linux]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Live 1000 years?
Why?

I am already bored with life at 41, why would I live more 959 years without a decent purpose in life?

Well I guess you wouldn't then. Sorry.

But I would =)

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
That would be pretty cool if they could extend people's lifetime that much. Can't wait to see the progress on that.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Linux

Originally posted by dnero6911

hah.. I was just waiting for someone to tackle this question. Do you personally think thats proof?

By the way the question was completely legit.. no sarcasm.

[edit on 19-2-2005 by Linux]

That Noah was subjected to genetic alterations that expanded his lifespan. Seems more likely then others scenarios I have heard (outside of the story being completely fabricated).

So the angels must have been scientists. Does that make them aliens?

I think that's yet another clue pointing to ancient advanced civilization. If you collect enough clues does that become evidence? I think that's how the supreme justice often works.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Originally posted by bordnlazy
okay now people live to be 80-90 and many of those have live miserably the last 10-15ys, Now living to be a 1000 might sound cool to some,but me i would hate to spend the last 250yrs of my life in an old-folks home. I would personally pass it up. Imagine having to buy depends for 300yrs straight,now that would suck!

At the point in medicine and genetic tinkering that we have advanced our life to 1000 years I think that also means we know how to increase the quality of life (as far as old-age is concerned).

Not to mention I think suicide is still an option

HA! true I'm sure after being bored or misreble for a couple hundred years people would probably Commit suicide a whole lot more. But what if you mess up and your stuck in a mental Institute. On a side note you think they would raise the age to vote,drink,drive? Imagine being 40 and still be considered a kid,Legally not an adult until your 50.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I'm wondering, say you live for 750 years in good health, before you
started aging.

How many times would you get married? If you got married again at
the end of every normal Generation 70 or 80 years for example.

You could end up with 6 or 7 families, over your liftetime.
Sorry as much as living 1,000 years would be interesting,
I think I'll just stick to what we have at the moment

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by madhatter
I'm wondering, say you live for 750 years in good health, before you
started aging.

How many times would you get married? If you got married again at
the end of every normal Generation 70 or 80 years for example.

You could end up with 6 or 7 families, over your liftetime.
Sorry as much as living 1,000 years would be interesting,
I think I'll just stick to what we have at the moment

If our lifespans increased to 1000 years I don't think marriage would be a common custom anymore. I think it would become a free for all. Granted in that time our laws do not dramatically change and force us to use our Holodecks for sexual gratification.

[edit on 122828p://21u56 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I think it would be great if we could extend the years, just not that far. 1,000 years could create tons of trouble and be tons of fun. Guess you would just have to weigh out the differences and take your pick. Sure i'd love to have more time to see the world , learn more, see my ggggg grandchildren, ect. But I gotta say i'd also hate to live to see my ggggg grandchildren watching both our diapers being changed at the same time.
Maybe we could pick our own span like 300 years. Just a thought

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by krt1967
I think it would be great if we could extend the years, just not that far. 1,000 years could create tons of trouble and be tons of fun. Guess you would just have to weigh out the differences and take your pick. Sure i'd love to have more time to see the world , learn more, see my ggggg grandchildren, ect. But I gotta say i'd also hate to live to see my ggggg grandchildren watching both our diapers being changed at the same time.
Maybe we could pick our own span like 300 years. Just a thought

Actually I believe that it would most likely be something you would perodically have to check in on. Like you would have to visit your local immortality physician once a month..else you would begin to age faster. Thus you could just stop getting your shots at age 300 =) That's my guess anyhow.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
well without full body cosmetic surgery, I am not sure the human body can realistically endure 1000 years, let alone a few hundred.

on the other hand, this could give a whole new meaning to that joke about farting dust

We are seeing exponential advancement in that field as well so one can only hope. That is a good point though. We may all become ultra-wrinkled grandmasters at age 1000; something like this:

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   
You know to beat the aging, and biological nuicanses, you could have yourmind put into a android.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
You know to beat the aging, and biological nuicanses, you could have yourmind put into a android.

Very true. That may be a better option. We could theoretically construct a "better" body to be a vessel for our human mind.

I get the feeling you were implying something else though? =)

Do you think it would make us any less human to alter ourselves in this way?

[edit on 052828p://21u32 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I get the feeling you were implying something else though? =)

Nope, you pretty much got what I was saying.

Do you think it would make us any less human to alter ourselves in this way?

Personaly no, but than what is human?

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
why we age now is because our cells are set to self distuct after around 50 copys. So example 1 cell copys it self it has 49 copys left and so does cell 2 they each make copys now they are down to 48 each. after each cell has spent it self it cant split any more and dies. This is some one slowed by stem cells inside our bodys deicated to a type of cell. But the stem cells can only make so many new cells. Thats where the problem comes in its like for every time it adds a 50 cell 2 cells run out. So in the end you will get low enough on cells that your organs stop working right. That is the main reason for people falling apart at the around age 40-60. So now if you took off the 50 split limit on cells then your organs would not brake down.

The best example of this is burn victoms when they tryed cloning skin from sample from them making them split over and over and over to form a thin layer of new skin it formed skin that was eqivolent to a 80 year olds skin. How exactly to you explain that? "What is wrong with your arm man?" OOO thats my 80 year old skin 8) thanks to a burn I got 5 years ago."

The major problem is canser cells have already have this. Canser could be the cure to ageing. Canser cells repicate out of control and never die off from chromasone degredation. Now if you could figure out how to keep them replicating when needed and not out of control you would have a winner. Or if you could put a limiter in cancer cells that would also be handy so after 50 devisons of the cells they die out. 8)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join