It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child is killed during school walk out against gun violence

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
It seems all part of the same agenda in the end.

Trying to make kids grow up faster and push responsibilities and worries onto them before they're capable of even understanding what they're doing.

Teachers are filling their heads with their petty political ideals. Gender, gun control...kids ain't allowed to be kids any more.

Kids mostly don't care or know enough babout these issues, but they're a blank slate so sick, twisted clowns seek to program them with their own pathetic views and ideas.

that's the real issue here and that's what the issue has been for many years now. Get 'em while they're young and the possibilities are endless.

I'd trust a kids view or opinion on gun control much the same as their ability to decide what gender they are. You might aswell not bother schooling them, just give them a handbook telling them what they think and feel, go out get a job and mortgage and be sure to study this book for you are exactly like me!

Mini me...and it's all the same programmed idiots who advocate this crap because it's too late for them.

I ain't never having kids, if I had kids I'd end up in jail because the first religious nut, flat earther, gender fluid idiot that attempted to brainwash my offspring with their fruity ideology would be under my boot.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

And let’s assume you are right and only the students that wanted to protested

Ok then that must mean that a large portion of the teachers and school employees had to stay back at the school to supervise those children

That leads to even less supervision

But seeing as how you are for the school encouraging these protests and want proper supervision

Where do you suggest schools get the money to hire the dozens if not hundreds of additional chaperones that will be required in a daily basis to entire these students learn by excercisng their right to peacefully assemble?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: uninspired

It certainly peaked this decade. It wasn´t that bad 10 years ago. Just look what that side did the last decade... it started with hardcore feminism, went over to PC for a while, then transgender, feelings and rainbows. All screaming in your face being angry most of the time.

Hardcore leftist that always, just like the hardcore feminine fraction used a condescending tone towards everyone even slightly speaking up against what they tried to push on everyone. The word "triggered" should describe that behavior very accurate..

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

So you think protests work better if they are in residential areas?

I wonder why everyone else has them on busy highways?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: LungFuMoShi

When I was at school, we didn’t have mass school shootings. There were some kids that protested the Vietnam war, though. I think they were in high school.

Well we had no school shootings when I was at schoo, either.

Dunblane happened when I was in my last year of school.

I grew up in Glasgow, though - so stabbings and slashings were commonplace and mostly based on sectarianism.

Still, no protests. A bunch of kids and teachers protesting ain't gonna solve crap.

You know what I hate most about protests? The grinning phizogs on the protestors. To me a protest is an ugly thing that is often necessary, you ain't supposed to like it.

We had protests recently, pro EU crap and pro YES voters out "protesting"

And what did they achieve? Nothing! They just littered and wrecked the place...they were enjoying it. Majority weren't protesting because they believed in something, hell the majority probably don't even understand what they're protesting for.

It'ds a bit of fun to them.,..you can tell by the glaikit, moronic grins on their faces, the festive, jovial party atmosphere.

Protests...achieve...nothing...positive.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Were those Vietnam protests during school hours? Were they excused from class to participate? Were they organized by the schools?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler
the moron who staged this walkout should totally beheld responsible and school to . this lad was not an adult hell he wasn't even a pimply faced teen. if you take a group of minors you have a duty of care. school was wrong if they let kids leave ground and moron who organized it because with out this crap this boy would have been alive. if this was paid for by soros sue him too.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Interesting article about the national school walk out day. Talks about how different schools handled it, and how young some of the protesters were. Some schools allowed the protests in the gym or outside on a soccer or football field. That sounds safe to me, while still allowing a protest to happen. It would depend on the school, and the ages involved, and the location of the school.

What’s also important to note is that these kids wanted to participate - they weren’t forced to by the schools as part of some sort of “agenda”.

www.nytimes.com... &pgtype=article
edit on 23-4-2018 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I had one mate a few years ago, got right into the EU and YEs stuff, loves the EU, loves the idea of an independent Scotland.

And I didn't really care that much, just used to read and laugh at the lame facebook posts. The faux-intellectual friends he'd acquired since becomeing an "activist"

Then one day he posted a video of himself, he'd bought one of those stupid anonymous guy fawkes maskes. He actually videod himself unboxing and putting the thing on - all the time with this idiotic, toothy grin on his face.

That was when it struck me, he don't give a crap about what he's protesting for. It's fun, it's a day out...anything to be part of something...but not interested enough to actually learn anything meaningful, just repeat what he hears on some Youtube video or reads on some forum.

I deleted him from my friends list that day and never give a shiny one...he's too far gone, he thinks he's part of something.

He's retarded.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
They used to go to "freedom square" in the centre of Glasgow...that's george square to you and me. they hijacked "freedom square" unaware of the irony that these self-proclaimed patriots had pitched their base HQ in a square flanked by Queen street and Hanover street...the irony!

All they achieved was making a mess and intimidating people going about their daily lives. I honestly can not recall one single protest that resulted in a positive outcome.

Either nothing happens and local coffee shops and businesses are propped up by ignorant protestors who buy junk food and leave litter everywhere, or it resulted in violence of some kind.

the result of a protest is usually:

A: Nothing, just mess and vandalism, or.
B: Violence.

Either way the bill is picked up by joe public.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

And what exactly is it going to accomplish, if kids walk in a circle, in a remote area like a stadium, holding signs?

Who´s going to notice, who cares? Do you think the ones they are protesting will show up, nod and everything will be better?

Just like the protest at the highway, Mr. Gun-violence gives a # and he does not care. It´s not a person, it´s not an object. Protesting something you can´t stop via protests is just idiotic.

At least at the end of they day, they all feel better because they think they accomplished something. Illusions.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

It accomplishes a couple of things. It teaches young people about their rights as citizens and gives them a chance to practice their rights, and also teaches young people to be more engaged and not so apathetic.

It also raises awareness, as these protests have been in the news quite a bit. So, it makes everyone a little more aware, at least aware enough to debate the issues. Beats sitting around drinking beer and watching the Kardashian on TV, right?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

where are you from ?
there was a cause the school walkout

the effect a 11 year old boy got hit by a truck.

without the walkout the boy would not have been hit nothing circumstantial about it.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Some schools allowed the protests in the gym or outside on a soccer or football field.

And what good did those protests do? More good than learning? How many people saw them protest inside the gym?

Sure it was safe, but it was also a waste of time.

What’s also important to note is that these kids wanted to participate - they weren’t forced to by the schools as part of some sort of “agenda”.

Teacher: "Class, next week we are going to have a protest against guns in schools. Everyone who wants to go will be excused from class. Those who don't want to attend can stay here and learn trigonometry... Now who wants to attend?"

Students: "I hate trigonometry..."

Everyone raises hands.

Reporter: "It warms my heart to see how many of these children are so interested in the debate over gun control in this nation."

Riiiiiiight...

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

It accomplishes a couple of things. It teaches young people about their rights as citizens and gives them a chance to practice their rights, and also teaches young people to be more engaged and not so apathetic.

It also raises awareness, as these protests have been in the news quite a bit. So, it makes everyone a little more aware, at least aware enough to debate the issues. Beats sitting around drinking beer and watching the Kardashian on TV, right?

awareness isn't needed to debate the issues. education is.

from what i have seen regarding "debates" it is still boiling down to protected rights, and emotional pleas to instill tyranny.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

We did that in class. Inside the school, holding trials and whatnot. It´s all possible. It worked for decades that way.

And the little kid and their parents now pay the price for the propaganda. That "raise awareness" backfired badly, right? I really want to believe this was an awkward worded sentence, but it´s the second one into that direction from you, in this thread, today.

What TheReckless wrote...Yes, you´re willing to go over bodies for this.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

The national walk outs were for 17 minutes - one minute for each of the 17 shot and killed at Parkland. Schools waste more time at assemblies in the gym. And those stupid assemblies happen much more often! Recess? Waste of time - should be learnin’! Lunch? They only need 5 minutes. Any longer and they’re cuttin’ into learnin’ time! Bathroom breaks? Hold it til ya get home. Got learnin’ to do!

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

The kid paid the price for inadequate supervision. Period.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Yeah...awareness of an issue that's so prevalent and long-standing that even we here in the UK are well versed in it.

Awareness is required in the gun debate.

there are indigenous tribes in undiscovered corners of the world who, as well as knowing of the existence of coca-cola are also aware of the gun debate that has been gripping the US for many, many years.

Nice excuse....awareness.

All these debaters are doing is teaching kids how to repeat what they're told they're supposed to believe and support.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
And why did he pay that price?

Because he was taken there! Why was he taken there? Because the teachers thought it´s their job to do politics.

That´s the end of the story, p e r i o d.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join