It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child is killed during school walk out against gun violence

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: LungFuMoShi

Some kids maybe. Others seem to really care about not getting shot up at their school.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
So what are they going to do to make sure this never happens again.

Probably the same thing they did the last time.

👋🤦‍♀️

Beat their wives ever harder. and pray nobody sues them.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv
I was trusted with airrifels from about 8 years on. With 12 I got my own .22 but it was still a no brainer to not use it without my father being around. You had such respect that it really wasn´t a topic.

Instead of instilling fear, teach responsibility. That´s always better. Of course, if a kid get´s access to a gun -which should never happen- that has never seen one before or experienced the force behind it, stupid things are going to happen.

The first thing I was teached was how to secure a cocked revolver, for safety reasons.

So, shooting someone isn’t against the law? If shooting someone is against the law, that means a person has a right to not get shot. What part of that do you not grasp?

Rights and laws are not the same. By law you are not allowed to drive someone over. That does not mean you have the right to not be overdriven. It isn´t a right, because you can´t enforce not being overdriven.

What part of that do you not grasp?

That´s what I ask myself about you. Rights and laws are not the same! Go back to school and stay inside to learn this!!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

The national walk outs were for 17 minutes

Plus time to assemble the kids, stage the kids, move them to the busy highway, move them back into the classroom, and then time that they are so wound up they're not going to get anything done.

There's a lot of overhead in those 17 minutes.

Schools waste more time at assemblies in the gym.

Usually those assemblies are school-related. If not, I agree with you.

Recess? Waste of time - should be learnin’! Lunch? They only need 5 minutes. Any longer and they’re cuttin’ into learnin’ time! Bathroom breaks? Hold it til ya get home.

You growing corn or something? All those strawmen... I hope they make good scarecrows for you. They're not impressing me.

Recess: children need some time to be children, it is not politically motivated, and it is held in a safe environment.
Lunch: You would place having a political protest as important as nutrition? Are you insane? Seriously, are you insane?
Bathroom: Never mind, I think you just answered my question...

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

I live in the US, growing up I was never around guns, just wasn't my dad's cup of tea, he was happier with his snakes and lizards. It wasn't until I got married, and my father in law was ex CHP (California Highway Patrol), so I went shooting with him and eventually bought my own gun. Living in CA at the time I went to get my CCW (a pain in that state by the way), and I thought I would never actually carry and if I did, I'd never carry with a round chambered.

Well after years of owning a gun, I got over my...fear for lack of a better word, it's just a tool nothing more nothing less. I now conceal carry everyday with a round in the chamber. Not out of fear as the anti-gun crowd would have you believe, but rather I am a parent now, I have 2 boys that I need to stick around for, there is a very good chance I will never have to draw my gun, but what if I do?

My oldest sons school had a "walkout" where they just went to the gym, my son stayed in class, but I told him next time to go, see what is being said, I'd like my son to be informed on both sides, not just what I say. I talk to him all the time about what is going on in the world...and I try not to be biased, I am only human however. I also take both my boy's out shooting at 11 and 7. The only time I would get upset over these "walkouts" is if they are mandatory, which they haven't been here, and I don't think elsewhere either but I don't know. Being a kid once however...I know I'd have gone to the "walkout" just to get out of class, which is likely why a number of kids do it as well, or because their parents push them to.

Parents should be raising their kids, not the schools. Nor should schools push a PRO or ANTI gun agenda.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

There’s all kinds of brainwashing. There’s the brainwashing that guns are awesome and cool, for example.

Is that what you think? That parents are teaching kids that guns are cool?

Let me try to type this so you maybe can get it:

GUNS

ARE

TOOLS

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
I was trusted with airrifels from about 8 years on. With 12 I got my own .22 but it was still a no brainer to not use it without my father being around.

Exactly. Adequate supervision in a potentially dangerous situation is important. Same thing with the protests.

ights and laws are not the same. By law you are not allowed to drive someone over. That does not mean you have the right to not be overdriven. It isn´t a right, because you can´t enforce not being overdriven.

You have laws to make sure people's rights are upheld. That's why you have laws like anti-discrimination laws. To say people don't have a right to not get shot at in public places is pretty crazy.

edit on 23-4-2018 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Some kids maybe. Others seem to really care about not getting shot up at their school.

So how does protesting stop kids being # in school?

All the school shootings over the last 20 or so years, is this actually the first time anyone has protested?

I'd wager the answer is no...in which case we can reasonably conclude that protesting will not prevent this from happening in future.

I'll give you one thing, you're the last remaing one to stick it out and you've pretty much exhausted the repetoire.

But carry on, please...

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Its okay to take some time out to learn how to be an engaged citizen. Its just as important as recess.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The real irony?

nobody is talking about one of the real, burning issues behind many of the shootings.

Mental health.

I mean we now live in a world where you're expected to role play and pretend that Jack is actually Jill so I'm not surprised people are dodging that bullet.

That alone tells me that the kids couldn't be further from some peoples minds...like I said, earlier - collateral damage.

It's ok, you don't have to come right out and say it we can read between the lines.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Mental health is definitely a problem. Not a simple one, and could take a long time to fix. What do we do in the meantime. Nothing?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: uninspired

I agree, it´s the parents job to raise and the teachers job to educate. Let´s word it that way:

Schools should never push any agenda on the kids. It has to happen without bias so they can make up their own mind. That´s how you raise thinkers, not followers.

It´s my impression, and it´s really just that an observation/impression: Most extreme left, just want to push that away so they can indoctrinate helpless children. It does not work with the condescending tone towards adults so the ultimate truth has to be injected at youth.

If I had to make a statement what extreme political side is more creepy, I´d say the left. Because of the way they do it, like you see it in the media worldwide, btw, not only in the USA. Slowly erroding values away.

The extreme right is not better, to write that disclaimer down...

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
NM, misread the post I was replying to.

TheRedneck

edit on 4/23/2018 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Not all parents are fantastic and wonderful and teach their kids all the right things. Some parents are actually bad and are horrible role models. Shocker, I know.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

But that's OK if we get rid of guns and teach kids to protest, right?

I think we should try to teach them to be better parents.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The ridiculousness in this thread seems to be getting to me. Later...

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Mental health is definitely a problem. Not a simple one, and could take a long time to fix. What do we do in the meantime. Nothing?

Is standing on the street chanting and waving signs the only valid option here? I'd say, if you have to do anything - then do something that's actually constructive and may help resolve the issue.

The might aswell just have a beach party or something. I love how people have been tricked into blindly believing that petty little protests do any good despite them never actually ever doing any good.

How many times do people need to do something stupid before they learn that it's fruitless?

So your position is - we can't solve the issue, so let's do something entirely pointless, instead.

Beach party. Like I said before, the protests I've seen tend to resemble a part or carnival, for the most part. All fun and games, lot's of people looking hapy, entertained. I always assumed that if I were to protest I'd probably do it out of anger or resentment...and probably wouldn't have a dopey big gaping grin on my face.

But that's what I see when I see protests, people having fun, isn't this a lark? All a big joke, assuming of course it doesn't end in violence and looting which it often tends to.

But in the end there's almost always mess and destruction of some kind and zero gains for the protestors. Still, they tend not to care about the lack of gains, the protestors...because the majority don't actually care, they're just there to be part of the spectacle.

To pretend they were an activist. We saw them after the brexit and the Trump victory...people asking protestors what they were protesting and the protestors, all with gaping, toothy grins on their simpleton faces not being able to actually answer.

That's what really grates me.

So now we have some insight as to why people are out there protesting issues they dunno crap about. It's because they're being told they should protest before they even hit puberty - this nonsense has been rammed in peoples faces for years and now we're seeing the side effects more and more.

You all have been duped - the people have the power to protest and effect change!

That's The trick...because the people in position to enforce change also have a power, the power to ignore your petty protests. the powers that be effectively gave the populace a knife to bring to a gun fight. Protesting does nothing, the belief that it does is mindless.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
The ridiculousness in this thread seems to be getting to me. Later...

TheRedneck

Thats why i backed out.

I don't want to be rude to people, especially people i like.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Not all parents are fantastic and wonderful and teach their kids all the right things. Some parents are actually bad and are horrible role models. Shocker, I know.

Yeah, read between the lines, bro.

Some kids even go as far as to expect their son to grow up a man or daughter to grow up a woman, can you believe that?

the government should raise the kids from now on, that way we can ensure they're being told to think and feel what they're supposed to think and feel.

Free will is as dead as the macarena.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
It´s unbelievable that I have to explain this to you as a foreigner, your own rights system:

Your rights are written into the constitution (free speech, for example) and restrict the Congress from making laws that restrict those rights.

So do you have the right to not be overdriven?

Or is it more like:

The freedom of the one who would overrun you by intent, is restricted by law?

That´s a huge difference. Because that means, Person B is restricted by law. You are protected by that law. This does not mean you have the right to not be overdriven.

It´s really not that hard to understand.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join