It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child is killed during school walk out against gun violence

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
So a boy dies during a protest about safety and the thread devolves into an argument about guns?

NO reason for ANY child to participate in ANY protest. If they do suspend them. No ifs, ands or buts...Suspension.

That child would be alive if it were not for some bull# left wing anti gun agenda that the educators at that school bought in to.

So protesting killed a child...where is the uproar like when an adult protester killed in Charlottesville?
edit on Aprpm30pmf0000002018-04-23T12:14:45-05:001245 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: kaylaluv

But that's OK if we get rid of guns and teach kids to protest, right?

Make it harder for bad guys to get guns and teach kids about their constitutional right to peacefully assemble? Yes!

I think we should try to teach them to be better parents.

Mandatory parenting classes for everyone before you are allowed to have children? Yes!

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

You won´t see much of the common excusors here because they know. You won´t see them coming in and stating this was wrong, because they need to stick to their team.

That´s the elephant in the room.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
So a boy dies during a protest about safety and the thread devolves into an argument about guns?

NO reason for ANY child to participate in ANY protest. If they do suspend them. No ifs, ands or buts...Suspension.

That child would be alive if it were not for some bull# left wing anti gun agenda that the educators at that school bought in to.

So protesting killed a child...where is the uproar like when an adult protester killed in Charlottesville?

Exactly, this thread was about the dead child for about half a page.

The child is just a vehicle, not even a week gone and being used.

I just find it ridiculous that the left are now accusing the right of using this situation for political gain when the whole situation is directly the cause of the left using the kids for political gain.

This thread should be closed.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Make it harder for bad guys to get guns and teach kids about their constitutional right to peacefully assemble? Yes!

For the 1000th time, why do you think "the bad guys" give a # about gun laws, when they are about to use it in a crime anyways?

Is this so hard to grasp?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Whatever dude. If I have to worry about people shooting at me when I'm at the movies or in a mall or in a church or an outside music venue or in a public school or at a freaking Waffle house, I'm gonna complain about it to everybody. And no one is going to tell me I don't have a right to.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: TheRedneck

But that's OK if we get rid of guns and teach kids to protest, right?

I think we should try to teach them to be better parents.

Mandatory parenting classes for everyone before you are allowed to have children? Yes!

Yeah, kayla - mandatory parenting classes.

You should write the textbooks for them to study. How cool would that be?

I like 20-30 years everyone would think exactly how you want them to, look how that worked out!

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
You know what, to be fair - the only reason I haven't shot a bunch of people is because it's illegal.

So laws to deter some people, I have to admit that.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

For the 1000th time, why do you think "the bad guys" give a # about gun laws, when they are about to use it in a crime anyways?

Is this so hard to grasp?

You're right. Lets let everyone have a gun. Crazy people too. They're going to get one anyway, so might as well let them have one legally. Why stop at one. Here, take two! Take 100! Why not?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LungFuMoShi

I just find it ridiculous that the left are now accusing the right of using this situation for political gain when the whole situation is directly the cause of the left using the kids for political gain. This thread should be closed.

No, it should be left here for eternity. Because of the reason you stated. I know it´s sick to read. People need to grasp that those are split-tongued, spinning and deceiving pieces of #. They used a kid for political reasons and then after the tragedy happens and it´s pointed out that the kid should have never been utilized by those asshats, they try to spin it and blame it.

Deleting this thread won´t help anyone, on other places, this exact discussion is going down, too.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Whatever dude. If I have to worry about people shooting at me when I'm at the movies or in a mall or in a church or an outside music venue or in a public school or at a freaking Waffle house, I'm gonna complain about it to everybody. And no one is going to tell me I don't have a right to.

Kayla, anyone can attack you with any weapon at any time.

You can't really stop it, we don't have guns in the UK but kinves, particularly where I live, are common. Stabbings are far more common where I live.

Lot's of variables man, people get taken out by tyres that come bounding down the road, gone in a flash. I ain't protesting or trying to legislate on how a mechanic should tighten a nut.

Why not out protesting about the countless thousands being bombed on purpose? Is it because being bombed is less likely to happen to you than it is to a Syrian?

I'm glad I don't constantly worry about being stabbed every time I leave the house. I don't even carry a weapon, that's how skeerd I am.

You can't predict the future, nor can you disappear some psycho's guns away by having a public, mass hissy fit.

Handguns are illegal here in the UK but you actually can still get one. Determination would make sure of that....failing that there's always the chopping block with good ol' mr potato peeler.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Triggered much?

You have nothing left to say anymore and now you´re lying and deceiving again, by overexaggerating it to the extreme.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

I just find it ridiculous that the left are now accusing the right of using this situation for political gain when the whole situation is directly the cause of the left using the kids for political gain. This thread should be closed.

No, it should be left here for eternity. Because of the reason you stated. I know it´s sick to read. People need to grasp that those are split-tongued, spinning and deceiving pieces of #. They used a kid for political reasons and then after the tragedy happens and it´s pointed out that the kid should have never been utilized by those asshats, they try to spin it and blame it.

Deleting this thread won´t help anyone, on other places, this exact discussion is going down, too.

Yeah, I was being a little dramatic.

I suppose there's some interesting content to be found.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Really? I explained the most sacred thing in your country to you because you are not educated propperly aboit it (to much protests?) and that´s what you come up with?

You´re really unable to admit when you´re plain wrong. Why am I surprised, it´s not the first dance with you. At some point you will claim that you are being insulted, I´m actually surprised you did not do it already.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I know I have the right to peacefully protest if I'm upset that I have to worry about getting shot at every time I go to the movies or a mall or a church or a school or an outside music venue or a freaking Waffle House. I have the right to ask for ways to make it harder for bad guys to get guns. I have the right to vote for representatives in government who hear me.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

That's true. You can also unfortunately get hit by a car when you are 11 and not properly supervised.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

That's true. You can also unfortunately get hit by a car when you are 11 and not properly supervised.

Far les likely to happen if you're in class.

I reckon the teachers who should have been supervising the kid probably got caught up in the carnival atmosphere of the protest and were enjoying themsleves being all faux-outraged.

They were having fun and took their eye off the ball.
edit on 23/4/2018 by LungFuMoShi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Not properly supervised because the teachers are protesting also...sad right?

This thread is NOT a gun issue. It is about basic responsibility. Exactly why I do not want teachers armed but there should be a non-uniformed presence in schools. Dogs are even used in some. Some to deter because now not only are kids killed by guns in schools but killed during protests about guns. F'n lunacy....

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
You can worry and be in angst, but you still have no right to not get shot.

You can rephrase it like you want, it remains that your usage of the word right, is not the same as it´s used in your constitution and lawsystem.

Doesn´t that embarass you, that a 50+ year old German, who has never been to USA, needs to explain this to you. If you got that wrong and can´t grasp it, I ask myself, what else get´s you confused.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Have you ever taken part in a protest, kayla?

If so, what was your mood and what was the atmosphere like among the protestors?

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join