It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Naked Gunman Still at Large: The Latest on the Nashville Waffle House Mass Shooting

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Maybe a bb gun possibly a shot gun. But as
far as I know. That part of your post was
exaggerated.

Ah, no exaggeration, just a total factually incorrect fail, I'll hold my hands up to that.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

If Walmart sells firearms then they will require identification just like most other establishments that stock handguns/semi-automatic rifles.

But here's the thing at gun shows, venues, and the like, under federal law, private sellers are not required to perform background checks on buyers.

They also are not required to record the sale or ask for identification, which is rather a large loophole in the system if you ask me and probably responsible for a whole host of people that should normally not be allowed to even fire a gun to procure them without incident or even record.

Wow, so any nut can pretty much get whatever they like.
That's a scary thought.
I think the UK should allow pistols again, but with the same background checks we currently have for shotty's and rifles. Any Tom Dick or Harry is a recipe for carnage.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

That's right because if I own weapon how can
they control a private sale? Truth is guns exist
and whatever the reason people who want
them will have them.

Laws against drugs don't keep
people from doing drugs now do
they?
edit on Rpm42318v28201800000048 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Carefully and so as not to screw with your second amendment rights i imagine.

I honestly have no idea, just explaining the situation the way it was explained to me.

Guns in the hands of nutters, druggies or disgruntled racists though, that's seldom going to end well, generally in tears for some poor soul, as situations such as this perfectly illustrate.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

That's right because if I own weapon how can
they control a private sale? Truth is guns exist
and whatever the reason people who want them
will have them.

Just in case you're interested, this is how private sales are controlled in the UK...
Durham Police

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
He is in custody.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
BREAKING...

BREAKING: Travis Reinking apprehended moments ago in a wooded area near Old Hickory Blvd & Hobson Pk.
twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

"Laws against drugs don't keep
people from doing drugs now do
they?"

They sure don't but nor do drugs kill people in the same manner that guns do nor allow such atrocities to be committed, even though they do indeed play a part.

Plus it works the other way also why have guns, alcohol and tobacco all legal yet prohibit all the rest of the drugs given the statistics?

It's a hypocritical bureaucratic nightmare that does little to address nor fix the problem.

But is it by design?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Well guess what I only skimmed over your
link. But I didn't see anything wrong with the
idea. Except that it only put restrictions
on law abiding citizens. You can"t tell me illegal
gun sales don't happen in the U. K. can you?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

But here's the thing at gun shows, venues, and the like, under federal law, private sellers are not required to perform background checks on buyers.

They also are not required to record the sale or ask for identification, which is rather a large loophole in the system if you ask me and probably responsible for a whole host of people that should normally not be allowed to even fire a gun to procure them without incident or even record.

That's rather interesting. Every gun show/venue I have been to has required ID to even enter the area but not only show ID, but also provide my info for a background check when I was making a purchase of a firearm.

I'm not sure what kind of gun show you are going to, but any legit/reputable gun show will follow rather strict protocol.

Sure, private sales out of the trunk of a person's car are impossible to regulate as it's impossible to keep tabs on everyone and their minute to minute dealings. I'd rather not have a 1984 type monitoring of everything, but that is the direction we are traveling. So in time, I'm sure we'll even be able to just arrest people pre-crime-style and prevent all of these things as people keep screaming for more laws. Just gotta be patient for the loss of all freedoms, folks.

After all, the government and 16 year old kids know best.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

You can"t tell me illegal
gun sales don't happen in the U. K. can you?

Oh hell no, it's pretty easy to buy or rent illegally held firearms in the UK, just expensive.
They are mainly used by criminals on criminals though, the average citizen is unlikely to ever see one.
The rental of guns is quite well regulated by the owners as well, they don't want the gun being either lost, or tied up in some bad murder so choose well who they will rent it to.

Muslim terrorists for example use vehicles to kill people because British gangs won't rent them guns. Same with the Eastern Europeans, they're even stricter, would probably shoot an Islamist dead just for asking.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

I've never been to a gun show, just stating what the federal law says about the subject.

My understanding is most states do not require background checks for firearms purchased at gun shows from private individuals.

Is this incorrect?

Glad the bastard has been apprehended by the way.

edit on 23-4-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
If I just read the Police Twitter account of his capture, correct, it seems he was a previously fired employee of that same Waffle House. Gawd, why would his father return an AR to him?? I am an NRA member, but I want dear old Daddieo charged right alongside his Sonny Boy. The clip says he, the kid, was fired for being Paranoid. You can't make this up.
edit on 23-4-2018 by carpooler because: missed word

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

except the mentally ill have every right to own a gun as you or me ,and as they are a protected class kind of hard to legislate specifically at them . you have to have been institutionalized against your will (adjudicated mentally defective) to loose your gun rights . perhaps if the fbi and in this case police and secret service would have done more after his many run ins we wouldn't be dealing with this ,or if his father had not given the guns back to him after they were taken twice i think it was.

he at one point had a FOID card i think that's what Illinois calls them meaning for a time he was a lawful gun owner in one of the harder states to get guns, in my state for example i walk in get my background check pay for my gun or guns and leave in Illinois its much more difficult.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JourneymanWelder

They found him in the woods. Alive. And wearing pants.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

No sane person or law for that matter should ever promote nor allow mentally ill paranoid disgruntled people possessing nor owning firearms.

Freedom and the right to bear arms is one thing, crazies with Armalites is a whole other ball game and should be kept to the realms of the likes of Far Cry 5. LoL

I don't care what card the fellow had, he should not have had a semi-automatic rifle, that's a given!

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I hope there is not some dead body found lying around minus the pants!

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

And i'll ask once don't just toss me in
the 2nd amendment heap. I will back the
founding fathers reason for procuring our
right to defend ourselves in this country.
And I'm all for gun laws that restrict them
from the wrong people. Without restricting
the rights of law abiding citizens to own
what ever weapon they choose. If gov.
can't make that happen? Then I guess we
live like this. The price for freedom has always
been blood.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

www.dailysignal.com... drugs overdoses kill more then car crashes and all gun deaths combined with the chief drug being opiods which are vastly over prescribed legally as well as the black market for them

www.novusdetox.com... in 2014 for example 51,828 gun incidents with 12,592 deaths coming from those incidents vs 2,164,142 drug incidents and 47,055 deaths from said drugs that means that drug overdoses have been killing at more then 3-1 then gun violence neither stats take into account psycological trauma of wounds from fire arms or the lives destroyed but not ended by the opiod epidemic

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

That's your right.

But the problem still remains.

Freedom is an illusion of sorts anyway.

But its an illusion people simply cannot live without.

Not that Armalites and hard guns would even put a dent in the federal gooberment should they ever decide to come for the guns anyway.

But again your nation, your price i suppose.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join