It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Naked Gunman Still at Large: The Latest on the Nashville Waffle House Mass Shooting

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Double bubble
edit on Ram42318v32201800000049 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
Did they catch this asshole yet?

If not it's prolly cause he suicided somewhere.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

People look like weirdos in mug shots for a number of reasons. We associate a mug shot with a guilty person. They're scared. They're getting an unflattering picture. Same pose every time.

You can't tell from a picture of someone's eyes. You can't tell from a picture. If you're trained, you can recognize micro expressions, but that isn't a guarantee. YOU would probably look like a psycho if you got arrested and photographed. It's easy to say after someone commits an atrocity that you would have known, but you most likely wouldn't.
-----

The guy who tackled this dude is a an absolute hero.

I was very moved when I read an article about him. The fact that he cried was a gut punch. You never hear about that part.

I hope he gets the recognition he deserves.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Yeah there is a lot of wildlife management area all around Percy priest lake and the stones river.

It has also been pouring rain up here, so I'd be surprised if he hasn't tried to find shelter. Not sure if the rain will affect the police using thermal optics from a helo or plane or drone? Kind of surprising they haven't found this guy yet...

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

My last mug shot at the police station I smiled and posed for the camera. There was a bit of a stand-off with the cop telling me I couldn't smile but I argued back and asked which specific legislation prohibits a smile. He couldn't answer that but said why do you want to, and I replied that if they are ever searching for me I don't want the picture they give to the media to be the classic psycho killer look.
Was a nice shot as well, I'd have used it for my facebook profile if they'd given me a copy.

On-topic:
twitter.com...

MNPD officers, to include SWAT, have continued the search for Travis Reinking in the Antioch area overnight. There have been no credible sightings. The search will continue. All schools in the area have been cleared by officers. He was last seen Sun morn behind his apt complex.

EDIT
I'll put a tenner bet that the psycho has killed himself.
edit on 23-4-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

People look like weirdos in mug shots for a number of reasons.

You should see my drivers license/ almost ANY ID pic I am in. Looks just like a mug shot.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

It's because of the emotionless face, no smile etc.
As I said above, my current police mugshot is a nice pic of me smiling, but on my passport I look like a psycho killer.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Assault rifle, assault style rifle... both nonsense terms that do not apply to any rifle with a semi-automatic only set up.

My sincerest condolences to those effected by the tragic loss of life, and the injured as well of course. These events are becoming more common as the years go by... I wonder when folk will realise that refusing to spend government money on services for the mentally ill, is not a smart move?

I wonder when people will start realising that if you keep allowing your government to do amoral, sadistic, evil things to other countries and indeed your own people, that its only a matter of time before someone does something amoral, sadistic and evil off their own back, on street level.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Allowing the mentally ill access to such weaponry is the real conundrum.

The problem obviously exists.

The reality is there is a problem with Guns and the people who have access to them.

Stands to rhyme and reason really.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Also, on an only partially related note...

Am I the only person on this website, who saw the headline containing the words "Naked Gunman", and instantly came up with a false news bulletin for the event?

Something like:

"Authorities are still hunting for the suspect in a shooting which took place in a waffle house, carried out by a nude male subject. Since people got on the ground pretty quickly, the police are looking for an accurate description either of his face, or of The Naked Gunmans 2 and a half".
edit on 23-4-2018 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
Allowing the mentally ill access to such weaponry is the real conundrum.

If ONLY we had more laws to protect us! Darn!

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Totally agrred, can you imagine the carnage if our nutters in Britain had easy access to firearms. Heck, forget the nutters, just imagine drunken Brit's walking around with concealed carry on the weekends.
It can't be right that anyone can just walk into Walmart and buy a gun, and I'm glad they can't in the UK.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: starviego

Allowing the mentally ill access to guns is quite frankly mental.

Not doing so, is not a law, its bloody common sense.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Apparently a white supremacist.

www.rawstory.com...

I wonder if he was targeting black people specifically? If true, I'm glad a black man took him down.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
How hard can it be to catch a guy running around butt naked. Step up your game.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Apparently a white supremacist.

There is nothing in your link about him being a white supremacist.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

It can't be right that anyone can just walk into Walmart and buy a gun, and I'm glad they can't in the UK.

And where is this Wal mart you speak of?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Sorry man, I'm sure I read that on ATS before, I'm not from the States so wouldn't know.
Is it as easy to buy a firearm from whatever stores as it is to buy say an air gun here in the UK?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Maybe a bb gun possibly a shot gun. But as
far as I know. That part of your post was
exaggerated.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

If Walmart sells firearms then they will require identification just like most other establishments that stock handguns/semi-automatic rifles.

But here's the thing at gun shows, venues, and the like, under federal law, private sellers are not required to perform background checks on buyers.

They also are not required to record the sale or ask for identification, which is rather a large loophole in the system if you ask me and probably responsible for a whole host of people that should normally not be allowed to even fire a gun to procure them without incident or even record.
edit on 23-4-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join