It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Naked Gunman Still at Large: The Latest on the Nashville Waffle House Mass Shooting

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

in the heavy link above,he said bringing back prayer in school and pledge of allegiance (paraphrasing it wont let me copy the quote) would stop all school shootings so that is his angle guess we should be glad he didnt go to a school

heavy.com... added link again
edit on 22-4-2018 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: opethPA

I'm just looking for a motive and usually with mass shootings the shooters are unhinged and their motive is literally crazy. By the reports, he sounds like a meth head and people under those kind of drugs do things that make no sense except for the fact they're on drugs.

If that is the case, how did he come to be a meth head, or w/e nasty substance? When I visited his FB account I also visited his mothers and the family seems to be a loving one so when and where did he go wrong?

My guess , like most drug users and alcoholics, he made bad choices that involved abusing a substance.

HAs it even come out though that he was a meth head?
edit on 22-4-2018 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
they scrubbed the hell out of his youtube videos oddly enough www.youtube.com... some interesting comments there ,not that it can be proven but one of the comments says he got rid of his black lives matter support videos but its mostly people telling him to turn him self in .but all of the playlists likes etc and other videos are all gone which is odd for a youtube account from 2015

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Seems like there is very little social media imprint since his arrest last year and the weapons confiscation by the FBI . I read a piece earlier that he had undergone a diversion program after his arrest. What does a diversion program entail? Evidently, it didn't work.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com... tml?noredirect=on&utm_term=.f001066aff90 i would imagine his father is about to have a very bad day

A sheriff in Illinois says Travis Reinking’s state firearms card was revoked last year by state police, but his guns were given to his father with the promise that they wouldn’t be shared with his son. Police in Tennessee are searching for the 29-year-old Reinking, saying he’s suspected of fatally shooting four people at a Nashville restaurant early Sunday. The Metro Nashville Police Department says arrest warrants charging Reinking with murder have been issued. Police say Reinking was from Morton, Illinois, but moved to Nashville in 2017. Sheriff Robert Huston in Tazewell County, Illinois, says his department has “no information” on how Reinking got the weapons again. Huston says Reinking’s father has a valid firearm ownership card, and his officers didn’t believe they had any authority to seize the weapons. He says the father agreed to “keep the weapons secure and out of the possession of Travis.” Phone calls to an Illinois phone number for Jeffrey Reinking, the father of the suspect, went unanswered. ___ 3:55 p.m. A Secret Service agent says the suspect in a fatal Tennessee restaurant shooting who was arrested last July outside the White House complex had hoped to talk to President Donald Trump. Special Agent Todd Hudson in Nashville says Travis Reinking “wanted to set up a meeting with the president.” Hudson says Reinking tried to cross bike racks near the White House grounds that were part of security barriers. Reinking was asked to leave the restricted area, and when he declined, Hudson says he was arrested on a charge of unlawful entry.
secret service had interacted with him as well when he refused to leave a restricted area so this guy does not seem like the smartest individual

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

usually diversion programs are do all of these things and stay out of trouble and the arrest and conviction goes away

en.wikipedia.org...

A diversion program in the criminal justice system is a form of sentence[1] in which the criminal offender joins a rehabilitation program, which will help remedy the behavior leading to the original arrest, and avoid conviction and a criminal record. The programs are often run by a police department, court, a district attorney's office, or outside agency.[2] Problem-solving courts typically include a diversion component as part of their program. The purposes of diversion are generally thought to include relief to the courts, police department and probation office, better outcomes compared to direct involvement of the court system, and an opportunity for the offender to avoid prosecution by completing various requirements for the program.[3] These requirements may include: Education aimed at preventing future offenses by the offender Restitution to victims of the offense Completion of community service hours Avoiding situations for a specified period in the future that may lead to committing another such offense (such as contact with certain people)[3] Diversion programs often frame these requirements as an alternative to court or police involvement or, if these institutions are already involved, further prosecution. Successful completion of program requirements often will lead to a dropping or reduction of the charges while failure may bring back or heighten the penalties involved. Charges dismissed because of a diversion program will still lead to additional criminal history points under the US Sentencing Guidelines if there was a finding of guilt by a court or the defendant pleaded guilty or otherwise admitted guilt in open court, provided that the deferred disposition was not a juvenile matter.[4]

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Weird. I still get page not found.

Thank you for posting the other link.

I understand they did a live interview with officials not long ago.

I am off to find that.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

So it is a behavior modification program run by either a law enforcement agency, judicial office, or an outside agency.

I wonder who administered his behavior modification.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Those comments are all a few hours old so I doubt the guy who wrote about his BLM support videos being taken down ever actually visited this shooters YT page and is just trolling.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

There were stories circulated that claimed Edgar Allan Poe showed up for drill at West Point academy naked except for his gun. That might explain....

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: ketsuko

Ecstasy/Molly will raise your body temperature but it will not make you wanna murder innocent people because Ecstasy.

Drugs have different effects on different individuals. You do know that right?

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Nothing about his state of mind has come out because he's still on the run but his actions sure do sound like those on meth.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Yes, we're all snowflakes but MDMA doesn't make you violent. It's quite the opposite.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Um

the teen claimed he was high on ecstasy when he bludgeoned his parents to death.

Strange, considering MDMA usually causes feelings of euphoria, inner-peace, acceptance, and love in combination with a reduction in hostility and aggression. Hardly the emotional recipe for murder. However, an overdose of the drug can lead to paranoia, anxiety, mania, and disorientation.

link
Like I said, drugs have different effects on different people.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
So he's ranting about the Illuminati and claiming he's a sovereign citizen in front of the White House and deliberately getting arrested. This guy is sounding like a provocateur, probably recruited out of the military.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

One case eh, from a teen who claimed it? Did a drug test verify his claim about murdering his parents?

That said, Molly/Ecstasy pills can be sold as such but contain no MDMA. Dealers who cut the drug usually cut it with speed, opiates, and god knows what else. Actual MDMA doesn't cause people to murder people.

And too boot, he could've been on way more drugs than just MDMA, like prescriptions and alcohol. According to his friends, he was. I mean jesus, this dude really liked his drugs but notice they said he did E once or twice.

murderpedia.org...

The most common rationale advanced by his friends was "drugs." "We all make mistakes when we on them jiggers," said Markey. Tyler, Markey wrote in a statement, "drank heavily and smoked pot and popped pills like a mad man." There were a lot of pills. "All kinds," said his friend David Garcia. "Monkeys, beans, xanys, bars, French-fries-yellow xanys." Tyler also took Percocet and oxycontin, known among teens in Port St. Lucie as "blues." And he did Ecstasy — once or twice, according to a friend. But none of these drugs induce violent behavior, and they are used by hundreds of other kids in town, including most of those who attended Tyler's party.

There might have been other kinds of pills in his body, however. When cops searched the house, they found prescription bottles in Tyler's name for Hydroxyzine, a relatively mild anti-anxiety medication, as well as Citalopram, an anti-depressant that can increase the risk of suicide in adolescents and young adults. In a letter from jail to his grandparents, Tyler referred to one psychiatric pill in particular, without mentioning its name. "I wish I never started taking that damn pill," he wrote. "None of this would ever of happened." In a letter to a friend, he said, "I regret everything I did. I swear it's those drugs man." But Tyler had also told Michael that he had purposefully waited for his brother to move out before he killed his parents. That was more than six weeks earlier. And a fellow inmate later testified that Tyler claimed he'd begun to plan the murder — and the party — three weeks before it happened. "You should have come to the party," Tyler told the inmate, according to testimony. "It was awesome."

The killer planned the murders for 6 weeks and only took E becuase he couldn't do it sober. The drug didn't cause him to spontaneously murder his parents.

Doing a quick search, a mental health expert said he was suffering from major depressive disorder. MDMA was used by the mental health community back in the 80s to treat those with such disorders. Today they are also using it to treat those with PTSD.

edit on 22-4-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

So it is a behavior modification program run by either a law enforcement agency, judicial office, or an outside agency.

I wonder who administered his behavior modification.

Interesting. Behavior modification, eh? Out of all the mass killings recently, this one stinks the most. He went through a "program", and supposedly went offgrid for most of the past year.

Witnesses of the shooting didn't report 'drunk/drugged' behavior, as far as i know. I also haven't heard that he said anything at all. Yet he was naked.

ok, i'm gonna go ahead and say it.....Remote Mind Control... It looks like they 'activated' him when he happened to be naked....and he just got up..grabbed his gun... and went to fulfill his mission....(only half-joking cuz nowadays it's possible).

He's still out there and possibly still has guns...hope they get him..before he goes on another rampage.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Doing a quick search, a mental health expert said he was suffering from major depressive disorder.

That right there could easily explain the behavior, if not the nakedicity. For that explanation, I would suspect some sort of temperature-raising drug, and the depression itself could explain the use of a drug. The use of a mood-altering drug could then intensify the depression symptoms, in a weird sort of twisted symbiosis.

That's our "mental health issue" right there: depression covered up with synthetic drugs. The only cure for depression is hope. No drug can do it; they only cover up the symptoms.

ETA: I may have misread your post. Were you referring to the shooter or the guy who murdered his parents being depressed?

TheRedneck

edit on 4/22/2018 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

That entire post was in response to another murderer, who killed his parents and not the shooter. A poster was trying to say MDMA makes people kill but actually doing a little bit of reading turns out that killer was planning to murder his parents for at least 6 weeks and told his friend he took 3 pills of E because he couldn't do it sober. So the drug didn't cause him to kill his parents.

As far as this shooter, the shooting seems so random and the fact he was mostly nude leads me to believe he was on drugs, and it sounds like meth, pcp, something of the sorts.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

My second reading of your post led me to think I may have been taking it out of context. Please forgive my lack of cognition.

As far as this shooter, the shooting seems so random and the fact he was mostly nude leads me to believe he was on drugs, and it sounds like meth, pcp, something of the sorts.

I do tend to agree that drug use was likely a major component, but he was not 'zombiefied.' He ran as soon as he lost his advantage. That shows some reasoning skills, and is one of the reasons I latched onto the idea of clinical depression.

Someone who is suffering from clinical depression is very easy to act out of pure impulse; the emotional waves of despair/paranoia/anger are so intense that they can overwhelm an individual, often for hours (sometimes even days) at a time. Their actions during that time can be completely out of character, violent, or irrational. Drug use will often minimize the inner anxiety, but their effects can also intensify the irrationality.

The venue is what interests me in this case. I can comprehend someone angry enough to shoot up a police station or a school if they associate the target with their present circumstances. But a Waffle House? How in the wide, wide world of sports can a Waffle House be so blamed? I can't wrap my head around that.

So I figure he simply was angry at the world and some minor something inside that Waffle House (maybe just the looks on the customers' faces when he walked in all naked) triggered the outburst. Likely he was intending to shoot something up, and that just happened to be the first target in his mind that he encountered. I would go so far as to say he might not have intended to shoot up that particular place until he walked in.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join