It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big lay offs in spite of Tax Bill

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

So the left is going to blame every job lost on the tax cuts?

Learn to read- I didn't say it caused the layoffs, I said it didn't prevent them, which means it wasn't needed in the first place.
edit on 21-4-2018 by CB328 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

So the left is going to blame every job lost on the tax cuts?

Learn to read- I didn't say it caused the layoffs, I said it didn't prevent them, which means it wasn't needed in the first place.

You do realize the number of people being layed off would be higher if the companies tax burden was higher right?

Again, do you understand how business works?

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

totally illogical

what kind of people want higher taxes?

you Dem's have truly lost your minds!!! begging for higher taxes and bigger government where is your head at

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: CB328
Wow, not only were the tax cuts unfair and completely unecessary, . . . .

I hope like hell that this becomes the democrat party platform message.

Keep saying it.

Please!

Oh HELLS yeah!

Damn, what a wonderful time to be alive.
All you have to do is just sit back and watch, and they'll just cut off their nose to spite their face.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Speak for yourself, I'm taking home an extra $800 a month, and this was before the 18k wage increase I picked starting on April 1st. I am loving the hell out of these tax cuts, they're allowing me not only to save additional money for retirement but also allowing me to spend a little bit more on things that keep the economy going.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: DupontDeux

I am not sure if Fool is a real site or not, but I notice that neither MarketWatch, CNN Money nor WPXI mentions the tax cuts in their stories about the layoffs.

Oh, Motley Fool is not only a real site, it's one of the top investment and investor educator sites on the Internet and used by everyone who plays (or wants to play) the stock market.

I was a devotee of the motley fool since their inception and did quite well in the market with their guidance.
I don't Trust trumps economic agenda, thus I'm out of the market and investing in more hard assets to protect from runaway inflation and the resulting crash. Despite Trumps bragging, I don't trust that lyin tweet addicted goober.
and S. Nnuchin is a total wall street loser and movie producer. You trust those hollywood types?

Here's why.....
prospect.org...

edit on 21-4-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

So raise taxes so that the government that can’t monitor its spending can spend more money. Sounds like a great plan there chief.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
Interesting articles. Spoke about mergers that didn't work or weren't granted. Talked about retooling at the Ford plant for the new Ford Ranger. Other articles talked about Walmart layoffs which include Sams club. Sears which has been in trouble for years. Spoke of Toys are Us. Some places restructuring due to overstaffing. Oh and the Chevy Cruze.....which speaks for itself.

edit on 21-4-2018 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

So raise taxes so that the government that can’t monitor its spending can spend more money. Sounds like a great plan there chief.

I wonder if anyone has noticed that when the feds lower taxes on the wealthy, State taxes go up for everyone.

There's no free lunch for the middle class working man!!

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The idea that cutting rich peoples taxes would help the economy was and is ridiculous.

The basic thing that fuels economic growth does not come from the top down, it comes from the bottom up or what’s known in economics as DEMAND.

And demand comes from the bottom—the masses of people who buy the goods and services in the macroeconomy.

Demand being huge will fuel an economic boom and demand being low will fuel a recession or depression.

Demand being up is based on giving NOT RICH PEOPLE more money but the MASSES of people having more money in their hands. These masses are the poor, and lower and middle classes--NOT THE RICH.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Mmm, I think your confusing layoffs and the picture of employment. Layoffs are less a function of tax policy than they are of business conditions. Right now business conditions are good for some businesses while some sectors are struggling. However, unemployment is way down and the "hot" businesses cant find enough qualified workers.

Looks to me like the normal churn but we are not yet in pre-recession territory. That comes at earliest in 2019.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
When you give the rich more money that can actually work to spell disaster for the economy. The reason why is because it opens up the possibility of money searching for exotic speculation. The same kind of exotic speculation that fueled the depression of 2007-8 when the exotic investment item called Derivatives came tumbling down.

The real cause of the 2008 financial crisis was the proliferation of unregulated derivatives in the last decade. These are complicated financial products that derive their value by reference to an underlying asset or index. A good example of a derivative is a mortgage-backed security.

www.thebalance.com...

When rich folks have extra money they don’t invest in solid basic investments but search for exotic and speculative investments that cause bubbles often and when they burst the economy has hell to pay such as in 2008.

What Trump tax cuts for the rich are secretly doing is fueling a new bubble or adding to an existing one under the surface that will soon come to haunt the economy

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Demand being up is based on giving NOT RICH PEOPLE more money but the MASSES of people having more money in their hands. These masses are the poor, and lower and middle classes--NOT THE RICH.

I'm not poor, and I'm definitely not rich, I'm what you would call middle class. I see an extra $200-$350 a month on my checks depending on how many hours I worked.

I'm just one example of MILLIONS that are facing the same circumstance. We have more money coming in, so we have more money to spend.

I guess that's bad for the economy?

If you are so concerned, go to your employer and ask to update your W4. Box 6 allows for additional withholding, fill out the amount you feel you should be paying in extra taxes and then don't file annual taxes.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The fact that people think we can make America great again within a four year administration, hell, even an eight year, is laughable.

Those with glee & hope are unaware of the term 'placate'.

America has been tailspinning for a generation or more. Yet, here we are squabbling over a tax cut....

Sheesh..

edit on E30America/ChicagoSat, 21 Apr 2018 17:44:34 -05004pmSaturdayst05pm by EternalShadow because: a correction

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Meanwhile , Construction is Booming , Wages are going Up , Retails Stores Sales are Rising , Banks are Lending Money Again , and it's Time for you to Move out of that Cave you have been Living in Since Mr. Trump became President .

Is there any way to qualify this statement, or is that just your opinion on what's happening?

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

In some locations construction is indeed booming.
It is here. But it started a few years ago.

I wonder what effect the steel tariffs may have.
edit on 4/21/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Not booming as a result of the tax cuts then...

Yes indeed the tariffs will likely have a negative affect.
edit on 21-4-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Or Trump

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The only thing booming as a result of trump is Syria...

But that's more like kabooming...
edit on 21-4-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Yes indeed the tariffs will likely have a negative affect.

But it will only add 0.25 cents to the cost of a can of soup.

What an idiot. Add 20% to the cost of steel in a building and it comes to quite a bit more than 0.25 cents. Do think construction master, good brained, Trump knows that? Or cares?

edit on 4/21/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join