It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump To "Counter" DNC Lawsuit; Seeks Servers, Clinton Emails And "Pakistani Mystery Man"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I always enjoy your forays into law, Josh. I don't think you understand what discovery is. Trump isn't suing for monetary compensation (though the campaign will probably ask for legal fees).

If I sue you, Josh, for damages alleging you stole my car and spray painted "I don't care for RadioRobert" (even though I admire your rhyming), I have to show some evidence of that to be successful and not have the case tossed. So maybe I have grainy security footage which shows someone of your build. Maybe I have a video tech expert who enhances the video and says it resembles you. Maybe I have a can of spray paint with a partial (and very slight and smudged) fingerprint which my expert says is a match to your left thumb. Maybe a blood drop was recovered. It yielded no DNA, but it matches your bloodtype says my expert.

Good news! You, as the defendant/respondant get to look at the evidence before trial. Not only do you get to look at all the reports my experts produced, but you get a chance to find your own experts to look at the same evidence and reach their own conclusions. So maybe your expert looks and says, my video tech guy used unorthodox "enhancements" which call into question the results. Your expert gets to try to recover DNA and see if it is not a match. Perhaps my expert screwed up and the blood type was wrong. Maybe your expert sees the prints and doesn't see a match, or he has reliable statistics that show the extent of the print is not useful for the purposes of a conclusive match. Not enough lines, 25% of the population has the same swirl, etc.

You also get to ask for other things that might provide evidence useful to you. You can ask for footage from my other cameras because maybe they have footage that would tend to be exculpatory (make you seem less guilty). Maybe I have footage from another angle that does not look anything like you. You can get access to the car and look for other prints, because maybe you'll find a full print that clearly doesn't match yours. Judges tend to give extraordinary leeway to the defense.

So if the DNC says, "The Trump campaign/Russians hacked our server" they need to show evidence. And the defense gets to have its own experts look at that evidence and draw their own conclusions (which may be --you can expect will be-- different).

So the campaign doesn't need to "sue" for the evidence. It doesn't need to show damages. It gets the evidence through discovery as a named party (defendant/respondant).

ETA: Silly unsurprisingly doesn't get it either.
edit on 21-4-2018 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

He should sue class action on behalf of 63 mil americans and break the DNC's bank.

All future income too.

Garnish all dem wages, like a divorce.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

And???

What are they going to discover besides what everybody already knows...that the Russians Hacked the DNC???

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You'd have thought if there was corruption to be discovered it would have been revealed with the hacked emails.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You think the lawyers for the DNC are going to be surprised by this?
Pretty sure they know about discovery. Lol

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

They're the ones bringing the suit. Why would they destroy evidence?
Haha hahaha.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You'd have thought if there was corruption to be discovered it would have been revealed with the hacked emails.

Why did Debbie Wasserman Schultz lose her job as DNC chair?
Why did Donna Brazile lose her job at CNN?
Why is the Democratic Party flat broke right now?
All as a result of the email leak exposing corruption in the DNC.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Let's be honest, this will just be another step in the never-ending back and forth between the two parties that is tearing this country apart. It's political theater to keep people preoccupied with a narrative that will end up going nowhere for either side.

Either it will peter out with nothing changing or it will just continue the same way it has for decades now, a cycle of hope in a political candidate that leads to disappointment where nothing changes until the next round of the cycle continues the tradition, as it always has done.

This is why drama shows like the young and the restless are so popular, most people couldn't give a rats ass they just want to watch other people squirm.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

The Awans had access to the Hosue Intel files - including Republicans.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   

a reply to: JHumm

They're the ones bringing the suit. Why would they destroy evidence?
Haha hahaha.

the fact that you just don't get it, then typed "hahahaha", really makes me laugh. You are a special person.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Way to go, deny ignorance - the OP never mentioned charges.

Ever hear of discovery and subpoenas - The Trump campaigns lawuers will have fun

Lol

Double LOL back at ya

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   
What does the DNC hope to accomplish with this new lawsuit? Nothing.

This is meant to keep the dying Russian collusion narrative on life support during the midterms. They are just going to try to keep it tied up in the courts for as long as they can.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   

From the other thread for your special enjoyment

DNC sues Trump, Russia and WikiLeaks

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.cnbc.com... port.html

"While this lawsuit is frivolous and will be dismissed, if the case goes forward, the DNC has created an opportunity for us to take aggressive discovery into their claims of 'damages' and uncover their acts of corruption for the American people," he concluded.

If this lawsuit proceeds, the Trump Campaign will be prepared to leverage the discovery process and explore the DNC's now-secret records about the actual corruption they perpetrated to influence the outcome of the 2016 presidential election. Everything will be on the table, including:

• How the DNC contributed to the fake dossier, using Fusion GPS along with the Clinton Campaign as the basis for the launch of a phony investigation.

• Why the FBI was never allowed access to the DNC servers in the course of their investigation into the Clinton e-mail scandal.

• How the DNC conspired to hand Hillary Clinton the nomination over Bernie Sanders.

• How officials at the highest levels of the DNC colluded with the news media to influence the outcome of the DNC nomination.

• Management decisions by Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Donna Brazile, Tom Perez, and John Podesta; their e-mails, personnel decisions, budgets, opposition research, and more."

edit on 21-4-2018 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
What does the DNC hope to accomplish with this new lawsuit? Nothing.

This is meant to keep the dying Russian collusion narrative on life support during the midterms. They are just going to try to keep it tied up in the courts for as long as they can.

You might br right, they possibly might be privy to some info that the Mueller investigation will not go after Trump and need this to be in the news or something. It will surely backfire.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   

So basically, you want the DNC to sue Trump because he won the election.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

And???

What are they going to discover besides what everybody already knows...that the Russians Hacked the DNC???

Actually, Most people don't believe that.

You might want that to be the case, but sadly for you, its just not true.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: JHumm
That server will be wiped, like with a cloth or something.
When you tell theses ads hats that you want something, it seems to disappear.

Basic IT practices would be to destroy and replace those servers after they were found to be compromised. I cant imagine they kept compromised servers sitting around. FBI has copies of the servers so they would have had no reason not to do so.

Hopefully they didnt just wipe them and continue to use them because that doesnt always get rid of everything injected into the system by hackers.

Yes they wiped them after not allowing the fbi to see them

Nothing shady about that!

Correct nothing shady at all. FBI got a full image of the server. No need to have the physical thing when you already have everything on it.

That is a detail they simply refuse to aknowledge.
Crowd strike copied everything and they gave all of that to the FBI. But because they didn't get the plastic cover these guys think there was info hidden inside that case. Maybe behind that fan thing. I don't know. They claim technological superiority at Hillary's joke about wiping the computer with a cloth but with this they get stone age stupid.
Just ignore it. It's a stain that won't come out.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Not the same thing at all. The DNC wasn't accused of a crime. They were the victims. Get real dude.
And the FBI doesn't TRUST Cohen to do the right thing. Because they know just how shady he is.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Yet they fought against that

No they never did. That's a lie that's been spread. Crowd strike gave the FBI the report. The FBI hires crowd strike to do the exact work they did for the DNC. The FBI got everything but the plastic case. The DNC never balked about the FBI getting the data.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: xenon129

How the # do you know that? Oh you dont. What was that on another 4Chan or other retarded right wing website?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join