It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump is now the leader of the world

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Yes but is it trolling our just the obvious outcry of people who are upset?

Claiming that the gas attack never happened, that it was done by the rebels, or Britain, or Israel, or the United States... sure looks like trolling to me. Who do you think was behind it and why?

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: nwtrucker

Yes but is it trolling our just the obvious outcry of people who are upset?

Plus who defines what constitutes trolling in this instance?

A little of both, I would guess. Some of those 'upset',I would speculate, have bought into that trolling to some degree.
As far as defining goes, who knows? A lot of redefining has taken place over the last few years. Being an old fart, I tend to older definitions.

My definition for Russian trolling would be a political effort to undermine the confidence of the citizens in another nation's gov't for the purpose of furthering their own agenda.

That one opens up a whole new can of worms, so I'd rather leave that one for a different thread....

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

So its ok for us to perpetrate chemical warfare and test our nefarious concoctions on our own respective populations?

It's ok to use Willy Peter, Napalm, Agent Orange, depleted uranium rounds on 3rd world nations, but when they turn around and do the same thing back with Sarin or Chlorine gas im somehow clouding the issue by raising the facts?

Said arbitrary time frame as you put it is historical fact, the problem being we refuse to learn from our past historical transgressions and seem doomed to repeat our mistakes time and time again.

Why should Syria or Russia for that matter be any different or held to higher standards?

How are we so special and in the right?

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

I don't know what happened yet, just like the rest of the civilised world really.

No point in speculation, or airstrikes for that matter, until we are in possession of all the facts.

Trump, May, and Macron jumped the gun, or so it seems to me anyway.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

All three already suffered from the terrorist atrocities so there is n9 change there. I suppose we should have turned our backs on those people and laughed it off ?

No one wanted this, but it was a necessary step towards perhaps some lasting calm. At least no one is pursuing regieme change as they have at other times.

I suppose if you were the decision maker you would open the closet door in your mothers basement and scream "stop it" when they gassed more people ? Our when the terroist undeterred and emblodened by your inaction, blow up a building, you could scream at them really really loud to not do it again. Maybe throw flowers at them and stomp your feet, maybe that would work

Exactly.

The message Trump sent was : "we don't care who you leader is, or who they side with. But you're not going to have or use chemical weapons."
edit on 15-4-2018 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I don't know what happened yet, just like the rest of the civilised world really.

No point in speculation, or airstrikes for that matter, until we are in possession of all the facts.

Yep! That's the stuff the trolls are saying. "We may never know the truth. "мы никогда не узнаем правду."

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

And yet it's perfectly acceptable for the USA, UK, and France to possess nukes???

And it's not like those have not been used in the past!

The hypocrisy oozes out of these people in spades!

They don't want stability in the region nor give a rats arse for the Syrian people, that's a given really.

edit on 15-4-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

But is that trolling or simply a statement of fact?

Possibly worth considering we are not supposed to ever know the truth.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Yet, have we used them in anyway other than testing since the 1940's?

No.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

a reply to: poncho1982

And yet it's perfectly acceptable for the USA, UK, and France to possess nukes???

And it not like those have not been used in the past!

The hypocrisy oozes out of these people in spades!

They don't want stability in the region nor give a rats arse for the Syrian people, that's a given really.

The alternative being let everybody 'nuke up'. This planet is toast in that scenario. Hypocrisy ? Maybe. Sure. But a survival point nonetheless. Fairness isn't part of the equation. Deal with it.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

That's not the alternative that's the logical conclusion of what will happen eventually.

The tech is nearly 100 years old how do you keep that secret or stop technological nations from implementing such?

You don't realistically.

If fairness is not part of the equation then why get all bent out of shape and on your high horse when Syria and Russia refuse to play fair?

After all whats good for the Goose is good for the Gander.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Trump 'might' have jumped the gun. On the other hand, delay leads to vacillation which leads to appeasement. That is taken advantage of every time and without fail.

I lean to this was timed well, targeted well and still leaves the door open to leaving Syria. Russia's...rather Putin's rhetoric has been proven false, at least so far.

I say again, Trump is the leader of the world....at least for now....

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

"Trump 'might' have jumped the gun."

And launched 105 cruise missiles, thats not jumping the gun it more like doing a Major Kong rides the bomb scenario!

Trumps not my leader that's for sure and i think another 7 billion people might be in agreement with me.

The only thing Trump is leading are animals to the slaughter.

The Mans a menace to reality really, and it's not like he even lives there.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

That's not the alternative that's the logical conclusion of what will happen eventually.

The tech is nearly 100 years old how do you keep that secret or stop technological nations from implementing such?

You don't realistically.

If fairness is not part of the equation then why get all bent out of shape and on your high horse when Syria and Russia refuse to play fair?

After all whats good for the Goose is good for the Gander.

Sorry, my view don't screw with my goose or my gander, for that matter. Many countries have the technology for nukes. The difference between those that develop nukes and those that do not, is the perception of need.

If Iran nukes up, any and every nation in the region who can afford to do so, will do so, if for no other reason than deterrence. China nuked up because Russia and the U.S. had them. India because the fear of China, Pakistan fear of India.

Sorry, but logic dictates it needs to stop and stop now..or we are toast. Especially in the ME, sooner or later some radical group gets their hand on one or some and they will have no concern regarding deterrence, it will be for use.

I recall India and Pakistan almost going at it during W's administration. Almost. To this day, no one knows what Condi or the rest said or did to shut that one down, but it won't work every time.

Again, screw fair, screw hypocrisy, survival supplants both. Stopping it has to start somewhere, including the use of any WMD and Trump has taken on that commitment. If it works, he'll go down as a historical hero...sorry Trump haters, but that's how I see it.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

That's ok, it's not really you that should be sorry, it's Trump, May and Macron that's should be sorry!

Sorry excuse for Human beings anyways.

Might not be any history to go down in should he keep up his sabre rattling routine, just a thought.

Edit: I need to go do some Sunday stuff with the kids now mate. have a good afternoon.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

But is that trolling or simply a statement of fact?

Possibly worth considering we are not supposed to ever know the truth.

Funny how you listed a bunch of allegations about the United States as "facts," yet you need more evidence when it comes to Syria and Russia. Trump supporters should note which way the wind is beginning to blow.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

"Funny how you listed a bunch of allegations about the United States as "facts," yet you need more evidence when it comes to Syria and Russia."

Which allegation? And which ones do you dispute as fact?

The wind will blow however its spun i suppose, that's just the world in which we live in these days.

It's not just me that requires evidence but the rest of the world also.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtruckerPosting comments like this are evidence that this publication is becoming increasingly irrelevant......And I will visit it less and less........I only joined to make this comment......Rest in peace.....

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: expat11
a reply to: nwtruckerPosting comments like this are evidence that this publication is becoming increasingly irrelevant......And I will visit it less and less........I only joined to make this comment......Rest in peace.....

Later.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

"Funny how you listed a bunch of allegations about the United States as "facts," yet you need more evidence when it comes to Syria and Russia."

Which allegation? And which ones do you dispute as fact?

The wind will blow however its spun i suppose, that's just the world in which we live in these days.

It's not just me that requires evidence but the rest of the world also.

The requirement by you and you claim, the rest of the world, likely isn't happening. The UN has already booted out any condemnation of the act. The three main player nations were backed by numerous smaller nations, mostly naval assets. (Yes, I'd like to know 'the rest of the story', but I'm not holding my breath.)

The strike doesn't require consensus, it does require effectiveness. Hopefully, that is the case.

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join