It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump is now the leader of the world

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
An amazing event took place last night. A leader actually kept his word. Despite the inherent risks. The world now knows this man will back up his rhetoric with action. All other leaders will factor U.S. response as opposed to non-response.

It will result in less chance of major war, not more.

All negotiations, all moves by the U.S., real or threatened, will be believed far more readily, as a result. Trump will not succumb to spin or hand-wringing with 'it might be a false flag' or 'prove it' rhetoric. The bottom line is many were killed by that chemical attack, mostly women and children. Syria stated they had given all chemical weapons to Russia. Russia stated they controlled all the chemical weapons in Syria. Both are responsible for the chemical attack.

Apparently, Syria was still manufacturing chemical weapons or there wouldn't be both storage and manufacturing facilities to hit. Yes? Seems there was no Russians around either 'guarding' those facilities. Yes? Rather simple when one cuts to the chase.

The world can be both comforted and fearful, as a result of this.

Leadership has been restored.

+34 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
yeah lets hope when the UK, France and to a lesser extent the US all suffer from terrorist atrocities in revenge that Trump, May and Macron are putting themselves in the firing line, oh wait they have 24 hr security, I guess much like Syria its the general public who will suffer.

As a UK national what input did I have into my countries decision......ZERO

+45 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Go get your head checked.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Kept his word on one issue his other words not so much.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
yeah lets hope when the UK, France and to a lesser extent the US all suffer from terrorist atrocities in revenge that Trump, May and Macron are putting themselves in the firing line, oh wait they have 24 hr security, I guess much like Syria its the general public who will suffer.

As a UK national what input did I have into my countries decision......ZERO

Your input was your vote. That's representative gov't. Don't like it? Run for office and change it.

As far as terrorist atrocities in revenge? By whom? ISIS wants Assad gone. The rebels want Assad gone. Revenge for NOT taking Assad out? It would have been so easy for Trump or others to do, after all....

+49 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I remember when Iraq had weapons of mass destruction and we went in there and leveled an entire regime. Of course, thousands of innocent lives were lost, thousands of our bravest soldiers, sailors, airman and marines were lost. Lives were turned upside and who knows how many children were displaced from their families.

But hey...we got those WMD's...didn't we!!

Ohh...wait...I'm being told through breaking news alerts that we in fact, did not find any WMD's in Iraq.

That doesn't make sense though....what was it all for then? All those lost lives? All that destruction?

Must of been a one time mistake, I'll let it pass. Our government would NEVER do ANYTHING like that again.

Would they?

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Now we have a leader every american
can get behind and follow. Doesn't matter
if you still hate him. He is your president.

edit on Ram41418v39201800000030 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Ummm...I see you left whatever critical thinking skills you may have once possessed...completely off the page...

Delusion might be too light a word to define what you just stated...

Here’s to hoping you wake from your fever dream and visit reality...

WOW...

YouSir

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Not mine at all.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

All three already suffered from the terrorist atrocities so there is n9 change there. I suppose we should have turned our backs on those people and laughed it off ?

No one wanted this, but it was a necessary step towards perhaps some lasting calm. At least no one is pursuing regieme change as they have at other times.

I suppose if you were the decision maker you would open the closet door in your mothers basement and scream "stop it" when they gassed more people ? Our when the terroist undeterred and emblodened by your inaction, blow up a building, you could scream at them really really loud to not do it again. Maybe throw flowers at them and stomp your feet, maybe that would work

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Yeah, Mattis and Trump did very well on this one. Keeping his word was the most important thing. If he hadn't attacked it would have been like Obama's red line, but far worse, much uncertainty in the international community. America's allies need to know they can trust the President's word. It's a question of prestige.

And the threat was fine too. It was not an act of telegraphing his plans to the enemy, because there were no important plans to telegraph. Just some missiles. These strikes were not military-strategically important, it was a punishment for Assad and Russia and a statement to the world. In hindsight it seems clear that they never expected an immediate response from Russia. It's also good that the strikes were limited but still stronger than last time.

I'm even kind of optimistic now that it wasn't a lie this time and they actually have proof of who used the chemical weapons. But that remains to be seen. Let's be honest though; this is about US vs. Russia, not saving the children. And all I'm saying is I approve of this particular episode; doesn't mean they won't keep screwing things up again and screwing the people in Middle East.

And this is coming from someone who strongly dislikes the current Administration. Always glad to say something positive about them.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82
I remember when Iraq had weapons of mass destruction and we went in there and leveled an entire regime. Of course, thousands of innocent lives were lost, thousands of our bravest soldiers, sailors, airman and marines were lost. Lives were turned upside and who knows how many children were displaced from their families.

Ohh...wait...I'm being told through breaking news alerts that we in fact, did not find any WMD's in Iraq.

That doesn't make sense though....what was it all for then? All those lost lives? All that destruction?

Must of been a one time mistake, I'll let it pass. Our government would NEVER do ANYTHING like that again.

Would they?

You've been told wrong. The U.S. gave the chemical weapons to Saddam and anthrax seeds to counter iran's superior military during the Iraq-Iran war. There is a number of links showing degraded Chemical weapons have been found in Iraq over the last few years.

Saddam used chemical weapons on the Kurds, hence the no-fly zone in the day. Might as well use the same argument for WWII. Let Hitler have Europe, the war cost 10s millions of lives.

Welcome to planet earth. No gravity, it just sucks.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

Yeah, Mattis and Trump did very well on this one. Keeping his word was the most important thing. If he hadn't attacked it would have been like Obama's red line, but far worse, much uncertainty in the international community. America's allies need to know they can trust the President's word. It's a question of prestige.

And the threat was fine too. It was not an act of telegraphing his plans to the enemy, because there were no important plans to telegraph. Just some missiles. These strikes were not military-strategically important, it was a punishment for Assad and Russia and a statement to the world. In hindsight it seems clear that they never expected an immediate response from Russia. It's also good that the strikes were limited but still stronger than last time.

I'm even kind of optimistic now that it wasn't a lie this time and they actually have proof of who used the chemical weapons. But that remains to be seen. Let's be honest though; this is about US vs. Russia, not saving the children. And all I'm saying is I approve of this particular episode; doesn't mean they won't keep screwing things up again and screwing the people in Middle East.

And this is coming from someone who strongly dislikes the current Administration. Always glad to say something positive about them.

Well said. Yes, screw-ups are next to impossible to avoid on this rock.

The world is a little bit more stable, today, than it was yesterday.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...I see you left whatever critical thinking skills you may have once possessed...completely off the page...

Delusion might be too light a word to define what you just stated...

Here’s to hoping you wake from your fever dream and visit reality...

WOW...

YouSir

I didn't think my view of this would be 'popular'. I love the baseline comments like delusional, etc.. It merely confirms the avoidance of the points I raise in the OP. Thank you for strengthening my certainty.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
the way I see it this was like last time except britian and france were involved and it was more impactful in that they targeted chemical weapon infrastructure, not just a runway that did nothing. lol

we'll have to wait to see if it escalates, but i doubt it will. russia doesn't want to go to war with us and we don't with them.

edit on 14-4-2018 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82

Would they?

P.S. This action by Trump may actually avoid a similar situation occurring in Syria.

+16 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

An amazing event took place last night. A leader actually kept his word.

So the US got out of Syria then? As Trump claimed they would...

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: nwtrucker

An amazing event took place last night. A leader actually kept his word.

So the US got out of Syria then? As Trump claimed they would...

He has said he would....a couple of weeks back. He will. My guess is it will be before the mid-term elections. There was no idiotic time frame set, unlike the morons like Bush and Obama.

P.S. There will attempts to keep the U.S. involved....by many. Hopefully, it won't work.
edit on 14-4-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
This isn't over yet.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Technically.. US is belongs to the world. And every race in the world are part of the country called united states.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join