It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump is now the leader of the world

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DreamerOracle
a reply to: nwtrucker
Deluded Fan Boy... You need a shrink.

Yes, that's the mantra when someone doesn't think like you do. It speaks volumes.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Sheeeeeeit he's France's whipping boy.

Macron: France convinced Trump to remain in Syria "long-term"

So we're to believe Macron holds more sway over Trump than his promise to the American people, eh?

Would you care to make a wager on that?

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

originally posted by: snowspirit

originally posted by: amazing
Bombing another country doesn't make you a leader.

Why so angry with Syria when Israel bombed civilians and sniper shot a journalist and Saudi Arabia and Yeman doing ethnic cleansing, Turkey killing kurds...etc, etc, etc. Why are we only mad at Syria?

Just thought this was worth a repeat.
Very good point.

Agreed. Why isn't everyone asking this question?

It's called "whataboutism,"a means of deflecting. Germany used mustard gas in the Great War. That doesn't make it okay for Assad to use chlorine against his own people.

You have 100% evidence to justify strikes? You have that evidence. So, was it Assads plan all along to wait until they were in the brink of defeating the rebels, in the brink if the West pulling out, to drop a chemical in his own People! It is laughable that so many people would believe anything!

Do you think it is a coincidence that Russia stepping in and helping Assad push the rebels and isis back, suddenly they are also the new monsters of the planet!

And let's not forget what this is all about! A people from Qatar through Syria into Europe!

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

Great post. I would prevent what you went through from happening again. I believe, more hope than believe, really, that this action helps in reducing the chances of that happening.

I may be wrong on that score, but I still hope.

edit on 16-4-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

The statesmen will invent cheap lies, putting the blame upon the nation that is attacked, and every man will be glad of those conscience-soothing falsities, and will diligently study them, and refuse to examine any refutations of them; and thus he will by and by convince himself the war is just, and will thank God for the better sleep he enjoys after this process of grotesque self-deception.

-Mark Twain

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

Why so angry with Syria when Israel bombed civilians and sniper shot a journalist and Saudi Arabia and Yeman doing ethnic cleansing, Turkey killing kurds...etc, etc, etc. Why are we only mad at Syria?

Very good point.

It's called "whataboutism,"a means of deflecting. Germany used mustard gas in the Great War. That doesn't make it okay for Assad to use chlorine against his own people.

You have 100% evidence to justify strikes? You have that evidence. So, was it Assads plan all along to wait until they were in the brink of defeating the rebels, in the brink if the West pulling out, to drop a chemical in his own People! It is laughable that so many people would believe anything!

Do you think it is a coincidence that Russia stepping in and helping Assad push the rebels and isis back, suddenly they are also the new monsters of the planet!

And let's not forget what this is all about! A people from Qatar through Syria into Europe!

I suppose it would be 'laughable' to believe that if Stalin was still around and was in the process of killing 20 million of HIS people, or Mao killing his millions if anyone suggested it or pointed it out. It has happened before, yes?

The assumption is that such an act by Assad 'doesn't make any sense'. That is correct. It doesn't make any sense. There's why the act would be...or was.... an insane one. That is insanity. By definition. It exists. There's no shortage of it.

I don't know one way or another whether Assad did so or not.It was in a rebel area so it's 'the rebel's did it to get Trump to act' or Assad was after that pocket of rebels...perhaps.

Trump acted. He backed up his word that any further chemical weapon use would not be tolerated. WMDs are evil. More evil than regular war, itself. Trump has his information/misinformation and has no further source and nor opportunity to timely arrive at a different conclusion.

He acted with the least damage to the most germane targets, chemical storage and manufacturing sites. An astute and adroit move which sends the promised consequence to any and all who participated and any who might act similarly.

A bitchingly tough call. That, in my books, is leadership. Putin has lost credibility...even with his supporters in the west. Putin made promises, as well. He did not keep them. (not forgetting he has invaded three neighboring regions and kept them)

Yes, Trump is the leader of the world. You may not like it. That's your call. Not that what you or I think matters much.

I say it is now a fact.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Assad during the attack was in Damascus and went to work in the morning

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I suppose it would be 'laughable' to believe that if Stalin was still around and was in the process of killing 20 million of HIS people, or Mao killing his millions if anyone suggested it or pointed it out. It has happened before, yes?

Wow. That's a huge leap in logic.

Yes, Trump is the leader of the world. You may not like it. That's your call. Not that what you or I think matters much. I say it is now a fact.

Glad you cleared that up. What you claim is fact is nothing more than opinion that doesn't matter in the slightest.

What is fact is that Trump is not the leader of the world. He is the president of the US and nothing more.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: mangust69
Assad during the attack was in Damascus and went to work in the morning

Then we have conflicting information. Sigh, what else is new?

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
in fact, the United States suffered reputational damage, the whole world sees that the United States is a terrorist, not only international law but also the US Constitution is violated. This only dumb does not see. While the Trump is thinking over the new blows of Syria, Russia and Iran are discussing the post-war restoration of Syria, the issue is equivalent to 400 billion dollars which the Western countries will not see in word about the war on terror, but in reality terrorists

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Wow. That's a huge leap in logic.

Yes, Trump is the leader of the world. You may not like it. That's your call. Not that what you or I think matters much. I say it is now a fact.

Glad you cleared that up. What you claim is fact is nothing more than opinion that doesn't matter in the slightest.

What is fact is that Trump is not the leader of the world. He is the president of the US and nothing more.

Hey, a huge leap in logic or a simple analogy. On who's the leader of this rock, we shall have to agree to disagree. Frankly, I'm indifferent to those that disagree with it.

I am more concerned and intrigued with where it goes from here.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

originally posted by: Jay-morris

Very good point.

The assumption is that such an act by Assad 'doesn't make any sense'. That is correct. It doesn't make any sense. There's why the act would be...or was.... an insane one. That is insanity. By definition. It exists. There's no shortage of it.

I don't know one way or another whether Assad did so or not.It was in a rebel area so it's 'the rebel's did it to get Trump to act' or Assad was after that pocket of rebels...perhaps.

Trump acted. He backed up his word that any further chemical weapon use would not be tolerated. WMDs are evil. More evil than regular war, itself. Trump has his information/misinformation and has no further source and nor opportunity to timely arrive at a different conclusion.

He acted with the least damage to the most germane targets, chemical storage and manufacturing sites. An astute and adroit move which sends the promised consequence to any and all who participated and any who might act similarly.

A bitchingly tough call. That, in my books, is leadership. Putin has lost credibility...even with his supporters in the west. Putin made promises, as well. He did not keep them. (not forgetting he has invaded three neighboring regions and kept them)

Yes, Trump is the leader of the world. You may not like it. That's your call. Not that what you or I think matters much.

I say it is now a fact.

Comparing Mao and Stalin to this is a bit silly.

This is the problem here! Saying this like "Putin lost his credibility" just shows how brainwashed we are!
He knew if he retaliated, ww3 would be a step closer, and it would be a war no one would win.

Yes, the west keeps pushing! False flag after false flag, but Putin showed he will not give into them, and I am glad he did not!

This is not a videogame! Here we have a bunch of sociopaths, who have brainwashed most if the public. People who see through all the b.s.

People who see what this is really about. That moron is not my leader, and the buffoon will only cause a ww3, along with the other sociopaths thst follow him, including my counties leader Theresa May.

They will get what is coming to them I am sure!

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Hey, a huge leap in logic or a simple analogy.

A huge leap in logic in which you use examples that have very little semblance to current events. I would also say it's an appeal to emotion.

On who's the leader of this rock, we shall have to agree to disagree.

There is no one leader on this "rock".

Frankly, I'm indifferent to those that disagree with it.

I'm not surprised. Many on this site cannot accept that others do not think as they do.

I am more concerned and intrigued with where it goes from here.

Where what goes from here?

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

in fact, the United States suffered reputational damage, the whole world sees that the United States is a terrorist, not only international law but also the US Constitution is violated. This only dumb does not see. While the Trump is thinking over the new blows of Syria, Russia and Iran are discussing the post-war restoration of Syria, the issue is equivalent to 400 billion dollars which the Western countries will not see in word about the war on terror, but in reality terrorists

Uhuh. Even the UN, no friend of the U.S., rejected a motion to denounce the strike. Your 'whole world' is your words.

Even if that was the case, it is the future that will assess it more accurately. Not a planet who's rear-ends suddenly got very tight. The fear will pass, mine included, and rational evaluation will occur.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I'm not playing your usual games, sonny.

I've made my point. You are clever, obviously, but predictable. The only point in your post that merits response is where this planet goes from here. Yes, under this new leadership. (To make it more palatable for you and those of your ilk, call it influence rather than leadership.) I see the rules are changing, even as the same stupidities continue and that opens the door....slightly, to a wider condemnation of the use of WMDs. If that occurs, then all of the stress and fear will have been worth it.

I hold that hope. If you don't, then you can*******

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Nebenzia and Kelly youtu.be... 0:39 clung to each other in ... gums. I'm not talking about these creatures in the United Nations, but about ordinary people from different countries who will come to the polls

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Nebenzia and Kelly youtu.be... 0:39 clung to each other in ... gums. I'm not talking about these creatures in the United Nations, but about ordinary people from different countries who will come to the polls

If I put myself in a Syrian shoes, Assad being a long time surviving, tough old bird, and someone asked me if I supported Assad, I'd not only say yes, but hell, yes. I trust polls or individual opinions not. Hell, this thread is only my opinion and one perspective of it.

As far as the rest of the world's ordinary folks, like thee and me, they have only the same media data to based their views on. Few delve deeper into this. Many are on ATS for that express purpose.

I, personally and deliberately, ignore 'popularity' as a measuring stick for anything. It gives a slightly better chance of maintaining personal integrity and arriving at an un-contrived conclusion.

That doesn't make me right, of course, but it does ensure that if I'm wrong, it will be due to me, myself, and not everyone else.
edit on 16-4-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

How come its ok to intervene in Syria but the Saudis can get away with Murder?

Seems strange to me that its ok for some regimes to cause chaos but not for others!

Guess you need to be in "There" little club.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

a little distracted what does your nickname mean?replaced the nworder of the truck that press the dissenters?Let's compare the ride of the Russian and US armies on the dusty roads of the Middle East  youtu.be... youtu.be... my nickname mongoose means reflex on snakes

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

How come its ok to intervene in Syria but the Saudis can get away with Murder?

Seems strange to me that its ok for some regimes to cause chaos but not for others!

Guess you need to be in "There" little club.

Actually a good question. At a guess, there's two 'little clubs'. The big ones being Syria-Iran-Russia, maybe Turkey, to some degree, with Yemen a satellite player. The other big club is Israel-U.S.-Saudi Arabia, with their little members, UAE, the Kurds and the like.

The Saudis look very scared of Iranian expansion of both influence and militarily in their direction. Yemen has been pretty much anti-U.S. for decades...the Iranian connection, I assume.

Heck, there lots of people who know far more than me in the ATS family, but Trump made his position pretty clear with his speech to the 50 Muslim leaders. The goal being the eradication of ISIS, then out of Syria. Islamic State of Iraq and Syria. Syria seems the last vestige of ISIS and almost toast. Hence he announced intention to withdraw from Syria.

I assume he intends to let that one (Yemen) play out as it will. The alternative being expanding the U.S. presence in the ME. Hopefully not.

What do I know?? Just a superficial guess on my part.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join