It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIP Art Bell

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: 727Sky

Sorry to hear about Art! I used to listen to him (and be scared out of my wits sometimes) while driving a delivery truck late nights.

I imagine it would! I have heard him on occasion thru podcasts (non american here) and I can imagine it would be something that would keep a weary delivery truck driver alert.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat

RIP Art, I hope you can now find all the answers to the mysteries of the universe (like how deep is Mel's Hole?)!

The best stuff! And the Shaman whom Art had on too were really awesome story's true or not.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
RIP

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
So sad to hear this about Art bell but it is fitting that he passed on Friday the 13th. He will be remembered as the King of weird, the grandfather of weird the pioneer of the strange and unexplained. one of the first to bring the strange and things that go bump in the night to light. Thank you Art, you will be missed.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Jebus, this is one helluva way to wake up.

He had ties to Anchorage and Alaska. The seed of C2C came from him doing a talk show here. He then broadened out the idea and moved to late night national radio.

Shame really. RIP, Art Bell. Thanks for spending some late nights with me and making me wonder!

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

This is how I remember Art ....

The frantic caller:

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Oh, man.

Thank YOU for posting this video. I once took an overnight job just so I could listen to him more (back in the late 90's/early 2000s.

He was fantastic. I loved it.

And he rode a 50000-watt blaster into the night, daily for years. That is out there. That will fly away from here forever and never die.

So long, Ghost Rider!

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Spent many a wee hours listening to Mr. Bell. Radio greatness. Godspeed

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Rest in peace dear friend, listened all the time. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Art Bells contributions from the early 90's are legendary.
Hale Bopp and March 26 Heaven's Gate are clear evidence he got too close to something..
They still can't say September 11 on that video can they?
Coincidentally Apophis will be flying through the “gravity keyhole” April 13, 2029.

Maybe Art took a different flight like in the X-files episode Tempus Fugit?
edit on 14-4-2018 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
When younger I spent many evening drinking some booze and listening to his radio show. There were no other programs like it.

He's too young to leave us. But his chapter here has closed and he's onto the next one.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Honestly he was probably the only radio host I could bare to listen to.
edit on 14-4-2018 by jidnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

This is my favourite Art Bell call of all time. Big coincidence, eh what?

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
loved listening to him, sometimes his callers were a little hard to listen to but he always managed to stay professional and sound like her cared about what they had to say, and really wanted to give them their time.

Radio wont be the same..
edit on 14-4-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
One of the greats. Has gotten me through many a 3rd shift, (and still does lol.) Rest in Peace good sir.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
May the strongest voice of truth lie in peace, contented in the fact that he gave us something magical.

*observes a moment of silence^

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
God called....on the wildcard line. RIP to the man who opened my eyes (or ears) to the more interesting possibilities in life, which led me to ATS actually, back in the early days.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Just a thought....how cool would it be to hear old Art on an EVP recording on C2C with Noory in the near future : )
edit on 14-4-2018 by ronjer because: Do not use shift for numbers...2 =@ not good

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
That breaks my heart. Talk about a man who turned nothing into everything. He will be greatly missed. Think I'm gonna go listen to his old shows this evening.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Art Bell was a trailblazer who made it possible to hear those who would have never otherwise been heard.

In a world where information has been so closely controlled by big government and big business, the very concept of bringing such topics to light was so revolutionary that it changed mass media forever.

I will miss his calm and open-minded approach to subjects most people wouldn't bother to give a moment's thought.

See you on the Other Side, Art.

Respect.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join