It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIP Art Bell

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

I was listening to this show live while playing Civ 2. When the transmission went kerplunk, I got goosebumps and just froze. Stared at the radio like I was watching TV.

Just stared at the radio.

I miss Art Bell already.

A few nights after the OKC bombing, I got off work around 1am central and I was rolling across the AM dial trying to get an update on the OKC investigation.

I found Art Bell and he was giving the news. I never heard of him before. After the news, he transitioned into what he did best. I was lured, caught and reeled in.

I listened to him at least twice a week for years.

I was logging into his BBS from my 2400 baud modem (486 SX 25 mhz, no CD-ROM, 4MB RAM, 120 Meg HD).

When I die, if they have radios in Heaven, I am going to tune in Art Bell.

He'll live forever. Thanks, Art, for you contribution to the radio industry.

Before there was ATS, there was Art Bell. Thank God!

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
His home was KCKN out of Roswell, New Mexico for a number of years. When ATS Live entered the airwaves on rebroadcast that was one of two stations that picked us up. Livestream to satellite to air for live simulcast all from a Skype conference call...Car Crash Radio indeed.

But that we were running from where Art Bell was still chugging along, then later fully retired made things right. I’d like to think he tuned in to see what the upstarts were doing from time to time or maybe he never listened. But I think the fan of the genre would have liked to played audience member instead of the ringmaster for a change of pace and to hear a different take on a topic.

Now he has a different role in the key of life, a part of the hereafter. I am sure he is just fine with exploring the answers to all the mysteries instead of only pondering the possibilities.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I think I was only 16 at the time I learned about Art. RIP, brother.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Art Bell was one of the best.

Sad to see him go.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

This is my favourite Art Bell call of all time.

I can still remember where I was when I heard it while driving.
Not even sure why I was listening to that channel but
it might have been the only talk radio on that late.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Yeah.

He meant well.

I guess.

Being gullible is not evil.

edit on 4/14/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Genfinity

I was listening to this show live while playing Civ 2. When the transmission went kerplunk, I got goosebumps and just froze. Stared at the radio like I was watching TV.

It had an affect on me in a similar way.
I was driving and when it went silent I
felt the urge to pull off to the side of the road.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
His creepy shows kept me awake driving across the country many of times.

Best listening to as I crosssed through the middle of nowhere and into the eerie smokey mountains at 3am.

Good stuff.

RIP

One of the most bizarre radio show episodes I ever listened to was hosted by Art Bell. It was next level weird. The entire time I kept thinking, "This is so bizarre it has to be true. No one is THAT creative."

RIP Mr. Bell. You will be missed.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis
a reply to: 727Sky

Hope he's resting in peace.

He'll be missed.

He is in good company, and is definitely at peace.

Sky is the limit.

a reply to: Phage

Phage, I have a very profiund amount of respect for you. Having said that, do you honestly believe that Art was simply gullible about everything he talked about? I suppose you could say so about some topics with a statistically significance, but is there nothing to take from his radio broadcasts? Not even an iota, even if its just a life lesson?

Do you think you will witness or experience something that surprises you, even perhaps, makes you question your perception and accepted ideas of what is real, factual, proven?

I ask in all honesty and mean zero disrespect.

edit on 4142018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   
George should resign in complete disgrace of the legacy left by Art Bell. George is a pathetic excuse for a host. George dishonors everything Bell stood for in regard to interviews, investigations, and applicable questionnaires of guests.

Did Art Bell die of natural causes? Or did Art Bell finally investigate something of relevance worth assassinating?

I don’t buy any autopsy report. Seriously suspect he was murdered.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

Did you ever hear him express any skepticism about anything?

I didn't. Granted, I was not an avid listener.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I did. He asked the questions that put his interviewees to the test. Didn’t blindly accept the word of anyone who would come on his show.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   

He did but never in a direct way. It was always subtle and Art was particularly good at walking a guest into incriminating themselves by giving them plenty of rope.
edit on 15-4-2018 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   
So sad... RIP Art... i only found his show late in life.. still listen to him on youtube now.... there he will live forever !

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

originally posted by: dreamingawake
Aw, pretty sad. Just thought of him earlier too, the wild guests he had on. I beilive he battling an illness. RIP Mr. Bell! 🌹

He had COPD for several years.. There will be an autopsy next week to determine the actual cause of death.

Why wait a week?

Autopsies are usually performed the day of death or the next day.

I find this to be strange.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Well Connie just got me all choked up before the last break.

..nobody DOESn'T know him...

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: galaga

originally posted by: 727Sky

originally posted by: dreamingawake
Aw, pretty sad. Just thought of him earlier too, the wild guests he had on. I beilive he battling an illness. RIP Mr. Bell! 🌹

He had COPD for several years.. There will be an autopsy next week to determine the actual cause of death.

Why wait a week?

Autopsies are usually performed the day of death or the next day.

I find this to be strange.

Chronomancy. Tying psychologically culturally-relevant events together in a chronologically rhythmic nature as to have their psychologically eminent vibration amplify upon themselves, as a stone's ripples in a pond ENCURRS.. exaggerated from the same spot I the pond's surface penetrated over and over again in perfectly mathematically measured time-frame...

As to create a more intense experience of whatever is designed.

Timing of public personalities' "exit" (staged) left...
At harmonic time slots.

Example: All prominent music artists that died at aged 27 all have their death-dates spaced with repeat-digit numbers of days/weeks/months between them when measured in a helical chart of time.

Ie: psychedelic music icon "A"'s death is 1111 days before psychedelic music icon "B"'s death.

psychedelic music icon "B"'s death is 5555 days before psychedelic music icon "C"'s death.

psychedelic music icon "C"'s death was 6666 days after psychedelic music icon "A"'s death.

Etc etc... It goes into luminaries of all fields.

And if you think that would be difficult to manage, you don't realize jyst HOW SMALL the tiny handful of people that made/make up the cult of personality.

....a "death"... Might not be a "death" when in public view...
The psychological effect of the percieved reality of the "public impact" of their death's news is more than enough.

Think all those "murdered bank CEOs" in 2016 were without scripted, backdoor shadyness?

edit on 4/15/2018 by prevenge because: stuff

edit on 4/15/2018 by prevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Yeah.

He meant well.

I guess.

That's a deep statement.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack

Yeah.

He meant well.

I guess.

That's a deep statement.

Dude never ceases with the soulless waste of space comments.
...years I've watched this b.s.
edit on 4/15/2018 by prevenge because: B.S.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Phage,

I've been on here a LOOOONGGG time, I lost the password to my first account but trust me I've been on here before you came here and as with similar people I've respected your steady, dedicated and educated input, I like a sceptic and I like a realist, I prefer to move myself away from the brain falling out believer types and always look for evidence to explain events. I myself have seen what is known as a UFO, I make no claims it was alien I simply know it was not anything I've ever seen before and according to physics it was doing something an enormous craft could not do and it was certainly not a balloon, it was simply unidentified.

Does that make me gullible as well?

Its strange you would choose to call Art the same, sure he's his own franchise and no one does anything for free, hell the UFO circuit is a who's who of money grabbers who will say anything that is put in front of them but Art was actually in to this whole item, he had a love of it but never a totally open minded belief, he listened to people and let them expose themselves as a fraud or he listened and let people hear what could well be real fact without fully endorsing the person.

Which part are you calling gullible, his belief in friends like Whitley?

His personal beliefs about what may or may not be paranormal etc?

How can you accuse him of being that especially at the time of his passing unless you know something that proves the fact which I'd love you to share, or perhaps what you believe in is just as gullible as the others, do we all really know what the truth about a lot of things on this planet and beyond are, lies and secrets are the most common currency today.

Nothing personal, just seemed a tad off to bad mouth the man at his time of passing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join