It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIP Art Bell

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Art was truly a master in keeping you interested all the way through C2C shows, despite the the sometimes lackluster topics. That's no easy feat.

He's also the one who really sparked my interest in strange topics.

R.I.P.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Aww

I admit I only listened to him socially on late desert nights in the 90's. Mostly for laughs, but frequently interesting, too.

Sort of fitting if he died on Friday the 13th.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Have been lurking here for years & was about to come back out for other reasons & hadn't gotten around to it.

I just saw this news about an hour ago & had to sit down. I'm not sure I've felt this bummed out & devastated over a celebrity death since Elvis.?! I had to take a break & have a good cry. No one in my life would understand this so then I decided I had to come here & share.

I discovered C2C in July of 1996 & have listened almost every night since then. Back in the "Art Days", it was so much more interesting. He was definitely one of the first to bring obscure topics to a small group of "the masses". I had already been exposed to many of the ideas that he talked about but hearing him interview someone for 3-4 hrs. on those topics was amazing. No matter what the subject, I learned something and more importantly - learned how to think way outside the box. Being part of the C2C audience is what ultimately led me here. I'm sure that the number of people that he "woke Up" is probably pretty huge & for that, I say we owe him a big

Cheers Art & GodSpeed! You will be forever missed!

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I caught his show a few times on dial-up in the late 90s. Fantastic interviewer and had content that was always interesting to the young Aurora.

Vale Mr Bell

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I was just thinking last night how i wished one of our local stations picked up c2c. I used to listen every night from my freshman year of high school until i moved two years ago. I still remember the first show i heard. He was speaking to a woman who claimed to be able to remote view. I didn't put much stock into it but i was curious so i turned it on the next night and the next. I was hooked.

Rest in peace Art Bell.🌹
edit on 14-4-2018 by Somethingsamiss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 05:11 AM
link   
From just a purely 'radio' perspective, Art Bell had a pretty interesting career path, not to mention his often controversial subject matter. He was a pretty interesting guy.

In my younger years I used to be an AM radio nut. There was just something about the AM format which made for this really cool atmosphere. It's so dramatically different than FM; the way it drifts in and out, skips and crackles with atmospheric conditions. When you coupled that with the lateness of the hour (nighttime) and the topic about some truly strange phenomenon it made for just a really great experience. It didn't matter if you even believed in the subject or not, Art could make you think about stuff you never considered before.

I can remember searching through the AM band late at night when you could pick up stations from far away. I was in Wyoming at the time and it was a distant place radio wise. To pick up his show, all faint and static laden, was a really eerie experience. It was really a niche.

In a lot of ways Art Bell reminded me of Wolfman Jack in the early days when he was working on the Border Blasters (i.e. Mexican Radio); some lone radio host, alone in a studio somewhere out in the middle of nowhere. I don't know, it just created this mental picture which made the whole experience fun.

Art, rest in peace my friend; you will be missed.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Very sad to hear this. I've heard him a few times and they were always informative and interesting. A very sad loss.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
This is a sad day indeed, I used to enjoy listening to his shows from time to time. Thank you for opening my eyes to things we'd never hear about otherwise Mr. Bell

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Used to go with my friend when I was 17 on his paper route late night, you are right about being scared some of the time lol.. Still remember a few of the topics discussed, he actually messaged me this morning asking if i knew, I didn't. He will be missed. Have a decent day.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Art Bell was a pioneer, bringing paranormal topics into the mainstream consciousness.

Rest in peace.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
I was listening to C2C and George just announced Art Bell has passed away at 72 years of age. I hope he did not suffer..

Woah is me, I hope to meet him in that place good people go.

Saw him out one time, only said to him I loved his show. I didn't say his name even. He reminded me of the good side of my Father-in-law a former Archie Bunker (he changed). So sad for him when Ramona passed away at such an early age.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Rest In Peace good servant....you have done well my friend ...

Art was the grandpa of this site and a reason for its inception...

God speed into another mystery boss...

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
a reply to: 727Sky

Lost a neighbor to that, father is dealing with it, nasty as it is with claiming the lives of people, I am happy they are looking into the cause of death.

I bet it was 'died with a broken heart'. I sure thought he regretted giving up Coast even though when his wife died he lost a lot of interest in doing the show. Fortunately he never lost interest for the subject matter and he had some stuff out there that was new. RIP Art!

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Somethingsamiss
I was just thinking last night how i wished one of our local stations picked up c2c. I used to listen every night from my freshman year of high school until i moved two years ago. I still remember the first show i heard. He was speaking to a woman who claimed to be able to remote view. I didn't put much stock into it but i was curious so i turned it on the next night and the next. I was hooked.

Rest in peace Art Bell.🌹

there are a few that have skip on the AM dial. Chicago I am sure was always listed i forget. One I can hear all over on skip that C2C is on is 1510. I heart is your pal on those AM channels BTW.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Godspeed Mr. Bell.

Thanks for the memories.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I'm sorry to hear that, used to listen to C2C alot when I was a kid, course back then it was more like the Art Bell show to me. May he rest in peace. I really enjoyed his voice and his awesome shows.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
We lost Art when he retired, Always hoping and looking for another chance of hearing him live on the air.
Now, the dream has gone. RIP & 73's from KC2MN!

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

This makes me so sad. My husband and I would listen to him on our late night drives. I enjoyed him so much.
RIP Art. You're legendary.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

RIP Art, I hope you can now find all the answers to the mysteries of the universe (like how deep is Mel's Hole?)!

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Very sad, he will be missed, loved his shows. He was the best host ever.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join