It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump will deliver a statement on Syria at 9 p.m. ET

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Sillyolme

Nothing from the East Coast is involved. Nothing there has the range, or capability to get there without stopping somewhere for crew rest. The only aircraft that can do it are the heavy bombers (B-52, B-2, and B-1). They have B-1s in the UAE now that are involved, and the B-2s would have launched from Missouri, not the East Coast. The B-52s would have come from Louisiana with the weather they're having in South Dakota right now.

Any recent news about increased presence in the deid from other units. I have noticed some increased chatter and strange movements among 135 maintainers the past couple of months.

link   

originally posted by: majesticgent

a reply to: majesticgent

The only confirmation I've heard is that B-1s are involved. They just rotated a B-1 unit into the area a few days ago.

Thanks for that update. Will this be a prolonged operation or just a quick surgical strike?

Well so far I am not seeing much action at all on the live syrian news. So it must be a surgical strike of some kind.

No big explosions at all yet.

link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
So much for Hilary being the "only" candidate that would start WWIII. Looks like my suspicions (and those of many others) were right, Trump is yet another MIC puppet doing their bidding like every other president that came before him.

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

What's got my brain spinning is how Bolton was added and suddenly everything escalated ahead of what Mattis has been on record as against.

This wasn't a tracked trajectory.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

a reply to: kerrichin

In addition to the F-15s, at least 6 B-52s rotated back to Minot from the Middle East last week, with the last ones going back yesterday or the day before. They had to move all their gear back to Minot as well. They usually have the cargo flights leave a day or two after the last bomber, so they have time to pack everything up.

interesting, kicking myself i didnt go over there, its very quiet now but if they have all gone over itll probably be empty.
i havent seen any v22s go over lately which is unusual they usually train fridays over us

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

No. They're training. They do occasional night flights for training, and they have an opportunity to fly with the French out of Hampton Roads.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

The only confirmation I've heard is that B-1s are involved. They just rotated a B-1 unit into the area a few days ago.

Thanks for that update. Will this be a prolonged operation or just a quick surgical strike?

Well so far I am not seeing much action at all on the live syrian news. So it must be a surgical strike of some kind.

When Russia retaliates, how long do you think it will take until the tactical nukes are unleashed. Then the Trump supporters will have their big explosions.
edit on 13-4-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

They've been rotating units out, so there's been a higher than usual tanker presence. Seymour-Johnson came home, but left two birds behind, and Minot swapped out, with either Ellsworth or Dyess. They were sending 5 and 6 tankers out of the UK at a time to refuel them going over.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Jesus

They're hitting a dozen areas !!

But? Russians !!

😬

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

what??

struck 3 targets - chemical weapon infrastructure.

a one time deal unless assad uses chemical weapons again, according to mathis.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

What you lack in head gear you make up in spirit.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
So much for Hilary being the "only" candidate that would start WWIII. Looks like my suspicions (and those of many others) were right, Trump is yet another MIC puppet doing their bidding like every other president that came before him.

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

What's got my brain spinning is how Bolton was added and suddenly everything escalated ahead of what Mattis has been on record as against.

This wasn't a tracked trajectory.

And I used to admire that furry little f#cker Bolton.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

It depends on if they get all their targets tonight. If they do, then that'll be the end of it. If there's some question, they'll probably hit them again.

Video from #Damascus #Syria of incoming US Cruise Missiles being intercepted by Syrian air defense... via @VanessaBeeley #DontBombSyria

Source: twitter.com...

This is video footage of Syrian anti-air batteries targeting what appears to be Tomahawks. Is this enough detail to tell which type of SAM battery this was? Can you tell if it successfully intercepted the Tomahawk?

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

When Russia retaliates, how long do you think it will take until the tactical nukes are unleashed. Then the Trump supporters will have their big explosions.

Jesus.
Russia will not retaliate.

link   
Mattis just said the airstrikes were over.

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
I'm going outside for a bit because I'm heading a lot of jets again. But there are also three airports in the area and all those bases have planes flying in and out all the time though mostly helicopters. Small radar planes and such. I'll be back.

Take some pictures.

😎

link   
Perhaps the "training" and (seemingly) additional fighter jets flying around the east coast is just to provide some defensive assurances in the unlikely event that Russia makes a bold move against the US mainland... but I doubt it. More than likely some additional posturing in the wake of the Syria strike to send a message of military "readiness".

All there is to do now is wait and see Russia's response.
edit on 13/4/18 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: olaru12

When will Russia nuke Britain and France?

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Mattis just said the airstrikes were over.

Yup, "this wave of strikes were over", whatever that means.

link   
mathis just said no additional attacks planned.

link   

I'm sure they intercepted at least some of them. The Tomahawk is actually pretty easy to intercept. It's not particularly stealthy, and it's slow. Even older SAM systems can hit them, as long as you have good enough radar coverage. As for what's used, it could have been one of several systems. It would depend on what area, and which battery was closest.

Manned aircraft were involved, but they won't say what until tomorrow, after everything is back and assessment is done.
edit on 4/13/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join