It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Pardons Scooter Libby

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
A good guy who was treated unfairly by both state and media is given a pardon. Justice served.

Only because it should have been Rove and Cheney.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Honestly, who's next? Rod Blagojevich?

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

No.
Sessions did. As a result of the inquiry.

...and if Sessions snipcanned Rosenstein, you'd be shouting about Trump personally obstructing justice until you lost your breath and gave the world a bit of peaceful silence while you recovered. Hypocrisy at it's finest right there.

If Trump fires Rosenstein, it would be congress that impeaches him, not out of moral imperative, but out of politicians primary instinct...survival.

Watch what happens if that comes to pass.

I wish you were right, but if/when Rosenstein gets canned I'm predicting every one of the Republican politicians who claimed it would be a line in the sand will quietly retreat to their chambers...

Possible, but they got elected by understanding which way the wind blows.

Its already getting scary for them.

GOP breaks the glass as House outlook darkens
The party is scrambling to shore up seats deep in Trump country, where incumbents won by double digits in 2016.

www.politico.com...

I've heard this as well. Part of me worries though that at the realization that no amount of retreating to their safe spaces is going to save them, so instead they double down on Trump and ride the train as long as it'll take them (since it may be fractionally longer than just bowing out now).

Maybe. But that is all good too. At least they will be transparent about their loyalty.
In that scenario we are spared a President Pence, but the GOP is reduced to ashes.
Objectively I am don't see success by any strategy being proposed by the GOP thus far.

I genuinely hope you're right. I kinda feel like holding my breath lest I jinx it. Its important to remind ourselves that the vocal conservative majority here on ATS tends toward the extreme more than the middle.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

I don't know why Democrats despise Trump so much. No one has weakened the GOP more than Trump.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

My "outraged" meme.

I think this is definite cause for impeachment. This is the smoking weapon of war!

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Do you have a GIF where someone just says..."Eh, gross. Not shocked. It figures."

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Honestly, who's next? Rod Blagojevich?

Trump first. Everything and everyone else comes second. That is the only lens that consistently explains his actions.

He railed about the false evidence that led to the invasion of Iraq.

And pardons one of the men that orchestrated it and punished those that disputed that false evidence.

It only appears contradiction until you put Trump first above all else.

The move rallies a conservative base that defended Libby.
And it dings Comey for having successfully prosecuted Libby.
And it sends a signal to Cohen and Manafort et al...."Hold tight, don't talk. I got your back".

Good luck to him on the strategy. I am a believer that the truth wins in such scenarios. Not optimistic, but lived long enough to see how these things always work.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

He also railed against Obama. I expect he'll pardon Blagojevich eventually, too.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Do you have a GIF where someone just says..."Eh, gross. Not shocked. It figures."

This do?

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

This do?

Good enough DBC.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

He also railed against Obama. I expect he'll pardon Blagojevich eventually, too.

Why? Blagojevich was a corrupt Democrat. That A-hole deserves every year he serves.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Why? Blagojevich was a corrupt Democrat. That A-hole deserves every year he serves.

This will turn into a derailing...if you are really interested in my take, U2U me.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Only cuz though we disagree almost always, you consistently surprise me with accurate insight ..U2ing you now.

edit on 13-4-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Perhaps Trump can hire Scooter to help with his war in Syria. Scooter certainly gained plenty of experience with Iraq with his deepstate neocon friends.

The hypocrisy here is thick as a steaming pile of covfefe.
edit on 13-4-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I will say this with a smile

Amazing indicator of the current state of ATS that:

1) I can casually take my time to post breaking news like this. No rush to post questionable trump actions.
2) It gets less flags than obscure news of Obama's brother getting pulled over for speeding.

Wild to watch the bias real time.

That said I have grown to cherish this reaction:

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Libby volunteering for State Department classified information security position !!

😁😎

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
What the hell does he care about Bush admin people.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Personal vendetta. First option that came to mind, probably, maybe, possibly. Far fetched, might be

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
This is exactly what I would have thought Trump would do. BAM!! In the art of war there is a passage:
" If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him."

An irritated Comey will lash out verbally and risk outing himself in front of the media. This move also seems to serve the notion that the corruption that we had seen in the last few administrations will be brought forth. While Libby was a member of the Bush White House, he didn't get much more then a commutative sentence from Bush. On the other hand both Bush and Obama had bent over backwards to pardon less savory characters from their crimes.

Libby took the bullet for Cheney, and got rewarded by being labeled a criminal. Libby could see this action by Trump as a way of getting revenge on those that basically ignored him when he stood up for them.

***IMPORTANT PERSONAL NOTE***

I don't care for how the Valerie Plane event took place, it was dirty, nasty, and out right illegal. There are other issues that could be brought up about this pardon, but I'll just going to keep this event as what Trump is doing vs, the media's nonsense of how chaotic they think he is. "Art of War" is Trumps play book, but nobody is looking at it.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
At least it wasnt a bunch of thugs , high level drug dealers , and the like.
Nuff Said
Back to my gaming

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join