It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Pardons Scooter Libby

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Still Breaking:
www.cnn.com...

Ex-Cheney Aide convicted of Perjury.

Observers see it as a call to folks that might cooperate with Mueller that Trump will save them if they get caught lying.

Washington (CNN) — President Donald Trump on Friday pardoned former Dick Cheney chief of staff Scooter Libby, the White House said.

Libby had been convicted of perjury in 2007 in the investigation into who leaked the identity of CIA officer Valerie Plame.

Four months after Libby's conviction, President George W. Bush commuted the 30-month sentence but would not grant a pardon.

edit on 13-4-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus
Still Breaking:
www.cnn.com...

Observers see it as a call to folks that might cooperate with Mueller that Trump will save them if they get caught lying.

HAHAHA

So now a president pardoning people unrelated to the "Russian Collusion" investigation is a sign to everyone involved in his investigation that he will pardon them??

Reach much??

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

Still Breaking:
www.cnn.com...

HAHAHA

So now a president pardoning people unrelated to the "Russian Collusion" investigation is a sign to everyone involved in his investigation that he will pardon them??

Yes.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
From an article on Zero Hedge:

In 2015, one of the key witnesses against Mr. Libby recanted her testimony, stating publicly that she believes the prosecutor withheld relevant information from her during interviews that would have altered significantly what she said. The next year, the District of Columbia Court of Appeals unanimously reinstated Mr. Libby to the bar, reauthorizing him to practice law. The Court agreed with the District of Columbia Disciplinary Counsel, who stated that Mr. Libby had presented "credible evidence" in support of his innocence, including evidence that a key prosecution witness had “changed her recollection of the events in question.”

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Scooter Libby outed a CIA agent as payback for disputing the false claim that Iraq had WMDs.

“I don’t know Mr. Libby,” Mr. Trump said in a statement, “but for years I have heard that he has been treated unfairly. Hopefully, this full pardon will help rectify a very sad portion of his life.”

Mr. Libby, who goes by Scooter, was convicted of four felonies in 2007 for perjury before a grand jury, lying to F.B.I. investigators and obstruction of justice during an investigation into the disclosure of the work of Valerie Plame Wilson, a C.I.A. officer. Mr. Bush commuted Mr. Libby’s 30-month prison sentence but refused to grant him a full pardon despite the strenuous requests of Vice President Dick Cheney, whom Mr. Libby served as chief of staff. The decision soured the relationship between Mr. Bush and Mr. Cheney.

The pardon of Mr. Libby paradoxically puts Mr. Trump in the position of absolving one of the chief architects of the Iraq war, which Mr. Trump has denounced

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

Still Breaking:
www.cnn.com...

HAHAHA

Yes.

Welcome to ATS Inspector Gadget....I can't wait to see what you reach for next!!

P.S. This message will self destruct......

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Mud in the eye of James Comey, who appointed the special counsel to go after Libby. The chief witness has since publicly recanted her testimony and says the prosecutor withheld information in her interrogation. It was a State dept person who outed the CIA operative not a White house employee.

Trump wins again.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

What About Edward Snowden?

He deserves a hat and a balloon.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

@Twiiter Matt Dowd (Head of GW Bush's re-election campaign)
This pardon of Scooter Libby is simply outrageous. I worked for President Bush from 1999 to 2005, and Scooter is a felon whom President Bush would not even pardon. He was convicted of obstruction of justice, lying, and perjury. This is a dark day for the rule of law in America

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Well Trump is part of the establishment so this isn't surprising for me.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
From an article on Zero Hedge:

In 2015, one of the key witnesses against Mr. Libby recanted her testimony, stating publicly that she believes the prosecutor withheld relevant information from her during interviews that would have altered significantly what she said. The next year, the District of Columbia Court of Appeals unanimously reinstated Mr. Libby to the bar, reauthorizing him to practice law. The Court agreed with the District of Columbia Disciplinary Counsel, who stated that Mr. Libby had presented "credible evidence" in support of his innocence, including evidence that a key prosecution witness had “changed her recollection of the events in question.”

Yes, he managed to get one witness to recant, but the grand jury that indicted him had SEVERAL witnesses that testified he shared Valarie Plames name with them as the undercover CIA Operative.

President Bush at the time did not find him worthy of a pardon.

edit on 13-4-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

As investigators worked in the early 2000s to learn more about how Plame’s identity was leaked, then-Attorney Gen. John Ashcroft recused himself from the case, the Washington Post reported. So it was the deputy attorney general – James Comey – who was appointed to the special counsel in the case.

Well now hows them apples Mr Comey?

The Libby case has been criticized by some conservatives who argued that he was the victim of an overly zealous and politically motivated prosecution by a special counsel.

Libby was convicted on four felony counts of perjury, lying to the FBI and obstructing an investigation into the leak of a CIA operative's identity.

Gee, looks like all process crimes.....
Wonder if McCabe will get charged with lying to the fbi???

Libby's defense argued that any inconsistencies in what he told investigators was just due to innocent mistakes in his memories. He had pleaded not guilty to all charges brought against him. Libby was not the leaker, according to The New York Times, and no one was ever charged for that. Plame’s identity, it turned out, was leaked to journalist Robert Novak by Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage.

Sound familiar?
No crimes and not the leaker yet still thrown into the klink....

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

This pardon of Scooter Libby is simply outrageous. I worked for President Bush from 1999 to 2005, and Scooter is a felon whom President Bush would not even pardon. He was convicted of obstruction of justice, lying, and perjury. This is a dark day for the rule of law in America

Most people who are pardoned are criminals...Exactly why they needed a pardon in the first place.

What's you point?

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

WaPo

Why didn't Bush pardon Libby? He lacked the balls, frankly. He commuted Libby's sentence instead, and that generated a Congressional hearing on whether he had used clemency to obstruct justice (Hmmm... a recurring theme of accusation for one side to sling, ya?)
edit on 13-4-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Bush commuted his sentence, almost the same thing because you don't do that for someone you think is guilty.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I guess one way to 'drain the swamp' is to just pardon the swamp. Trump truly is playing eleventy 'D' chess!

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Lol....typical to read the Trump supporters justifying each and every bone head move. And again, I feel the need to mention that I wouldn't have voted for Clinton even if she promised me a sex magic love slave that csn also cook magic pizzas....Trump is a disgrace....a liar, a loser and THE worst president in Americsn history....and yet, I STILL would not have voted for Hillary.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Good. That case was an abortion of justice. It gave us the precedent that a man can be prosecuted, and imprisoned for a long time because of a supposed inconsistency of testimony in a case where it is admitted that there was no crime or victim.
edit on 13-4-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
C'mon. Seriously. How could one NOT pardon a dude with the name "Scooter"?

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Possibly the "Ball-Buster" of the week so far !!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join