It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Pardons Scooter Libby

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

The whole presidential pardon thing is weird to my, but in the light of both traitors, violent criminals, and felons with direct ties to presidents receiving such pardons, it is hard to object to this one.

In this case it's purely symbolic. Libby's sentence had been commuted years ago and a pardon is not an exoneration. A jury declared Libby guilty. That has not changed.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: shooterbrody

The FBI does not prosecute anyone.

Yet they were - explicitly, mind you - given the de facto power to executively decide whether or not to prosecute Hillary.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Not for nothing.

A Lawyer Trump is trying to recruit to his defense team is married to the Lawyer that petitioned for Scooters Pardon.

Libby’s case has been a cause célèbre for many of Trump’s conservative allies. His lawyer, Victoria Toensing, is married to Joseph DiGenova, who had discussed joining the president’s outside legal team in the Russia investigation.

thehill.com...

The right wing never plays connect the dots when it is obvious.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

a reply to: DupontDeux

The whole presidential pardon thing is weird to my, but in the light of both traitors, violent criminals, and felons with direct ties to presidents receiving such pardons, it is hard to object to this one.

In this case it's purely symbolic. Libby's sentence had been commuted years ago and a pardon is not an exoneration. A jury declared Libby guilty. That has not changed.

Good point, I missed that. As far as a signal to would-be collaborators goes, that makes it a less powerful one. (but I am still very iffy about these presidential pardons)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

No.
Sessions did. As a result of the inquiry.

...and if Sessions snipcanned Rosenstein, you'd be shouting about Trump personally obstructing justice until you lost your breath and gave the world a bit of peaceful silence while you recovered. Hypocrisy at it's finest right there.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

What is Rosenstein guilty of? Besides not kowtowing to Trump, that is?

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

No.

...and if Sessions snipcanned Rosenstein, you'd be shouting about Trump personally obstructing justice until you lost your breath and gave the world a bit of peaceful silence while you recovered. Hypocrisy at it's finest right there.

I for one love Phage's interactions/comments on these threads. He tows a very tight line and its extremely hard to counter him in any logical fashion, which is why I suspect he gets so many conservative panties in a bunch.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

No.

If Trump fires Rosenstein, it would be congress that impeaches him, not out of moral imperative, but out of politicians primary instinct...survival.

Watch what happens if that comes to pass.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

No.

If Trump fires Rosenstein, it would be congress that impeaches him, not out of moral imperative, but out of politicians primary instinct...survival.

I wish you were right, but if/when Rosenstein gets canned I'm predicting every one of the Republican politicians who claimed it would be a line in the sand will quietly retreat to their chambers...

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

He's the one who authorized FBI spying on Carter Page, which still has not been shown to have been legal.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
A good guy who was treated unfairly by both state and media is given a pardon. Justice served.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

He's the one who authorized FBI spying on Carter Page, which still has not been shown to have been legal.

You mean reauthorized, right?
But you didn't answer my question.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Who said someone has to be guilty of a crime to lose their job? The top brass is historically and traditionally employed at the pleasure of the Commander in Chief. Sessions could fire Rosenstein because he doesn't like his haircut... it's not that complicated.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

No.

I wish you were right, but if/when Rosenstein gets canned I'm predicting every one of the Republican politicians who claimed it would be a line in the sand will quietly retreat to their chambers...

Possible, but they got elected by understanding which way the wind blows.

Its already getting scary for them.

GOP breaks the glass as House outlook darkens
The party is scrambling to shore up seats deep in Trump country, where incumbents won by double digits in 2016.

www.politico.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

No.

The party is scrambling to shore up seats deep in Trump country, where incumbents won by double digits in 2016.

www.politico.com...

I've heard this as well. Part of me worries though that at the realization that no amount of retreating to their safe spaces is going to save them, so instead they double down on Trump and ride the train as long as it'll take them (since it may be fractionally longer than just bowing out now).

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Who said someone has to be guilty of a crime to lose their job?
No one. Mcabe was canned but it doesn't seem that he has been charged with a crime. The penalty for that 2.6 violation is dismissal. Which is what he got.

Sessions could fire Rosenstein because he doesn't like his haircut.
Are you sure about that?

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Observers see it as a call to folks that might cooperate with Mueller that Trump will save them if they get caught lying.

Yep. Just like he called to the violent elements of his cult. Go ahead, punch them. I’ll pay your legal bills.

He is scum.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Ah, so the scapegoat has been pardoned by the current deep state president.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

No.

www.politico.com...

I've heard this as well. Part of me worries though that at the realization that no amount of retreating to their safe spaces is going to save them, so instead they double down on Trump and ride the train as long as it'll take them (since it may be fractionally longer than just bowing out now).

Maybe. But that is all good too. At least they will be transparent about their loyalty.
In that scenario we are spared a President Pence, but the GOP is reduced to ashes.
Objectively I am don't see success by any strategy being proposed by the GOP thus far.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Scooter Libby was one of the architects of the Iraqi war that resulted in hundreds of needless American service mens death. A war propped up on BS WMD assertions. A necon's war for profit for the contractors.

Why am I not surprised that Trump would pardon a traitor.

edit on 13-4-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join