It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F.B.I. Raids Office of Trump’s Longtime Lawyer Michael Cohen

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Bhadhidar

www.tmz.com...

Eyes in sketch don’t angle downward at the outside as in the photo. Also, cheek bones, jaw and chin are broader and heavier in sketch.

These are all details that a trained forensic artist would have noted.
edit on 17-4-2018 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Sillyolme

Hannity paid him 10 bucks. That makes it official. He's his attorney. Heh.

“I might have handed him 10 bucks [and said,] ‘I definitely want your attorney-client privilege on this,’ ” Hannity told listeners Monday afternoon. “Something like that.”

source

So?

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

"Maybe 10 bucks" translates to "thousands of bucks" when it comes to rich guy talk. Why would Cohen even bother with literally $10? He probably wipes his butt with $10 bills.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

“I might have handed him 10 bucks [and said,] ‘I definitely want your attorney-client privilege on this,’ ” Hannity told listeners Monday afternoon. “Something like that.”

source

So?

It's funny. Hilarious, actually.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I just have to wonder which things in particular he paid ten bucks for. Which things did he want protected and which things weren't worth it?

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

"Maybe 10 bucks" translates to "thousands of bucks" when it comes to rich guy talk. Why would Cohen even bother with literally $10? He probably wipes his butt with $10 bills.

It's just idiotic.

Cohen's attorney's in court said Hannity was one of Cohen's clients.

Hannity knee jerks on air and says he was never Cohen's Client!!

Give it the afternoon after Hannity is told if he is NOT a client, then anything they discussed is not client-attorney privilege and can be examined by DOJ in reviewing evidence..

THEN Hannity suddenly remembers he might have given him $10 dollars and that everything they discussed was Attorney Client Privilege.

These guys are idiots on a national stage. Best reality TV show ever!

edit on 17-4-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Has anyone looked at Elliot Broidy (The other client?)

THAT guy deserves a special counsel all his own!

en.wikipedia.org...

Broidy had provided $1 million in illegal gifts to New York State pension authorities. The gifts included luxury trips to Israel, payouts, and an undisclosed investment in a film produced by the brother of the chief investment officer of the New York State Retirement Fund. In exchange for the gifts, the state pension fund had invested $250 million with Markstone Capital Partners.

Broidy owns the private security company Circinus, which provides services to the United States and other governments. The company has hundreds of millions of dollars in contracts with the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

In 2018, Broidy intended to take a business trip with George Nader to meet with the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, in order to sell the prince a $650 million contract with Circinus.

The plan fell apart when F.B.I. agents took Nader in for questioning upon his arrival at Dulles Airport.

In 2016 Broidy served as a vice chairman of the Trump Victory Committee, a joint fundraising committee between the Donald Trump campaign and the RNC. In addition, he served as a vice chairman of the Presidential Inaugural Committee. In April 2017 Broidy was named a national deputy finance chairmen of the RNC.

In October 2017 in a private meeting with U.S. president Donald Trump, Broidy praised a paramilitary force his company Circinus was creating for the UAE. He urged the president to meet with the UAE's military commander Crown Prince Mohammed bin Zayed al-Nahyan, to support the UAE's hawkish policies in the Middle East, and to fire U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson. He was also harshly critical of Qatar, an American ally at odds with the UAE.

In March 2018, The Wall Street Journal reported that Broidy had been in negotiations to earn tens of millions of dollars by lobbying the U.S. Justice Department to drop its investigation into a multibillion-dollar graft scandal involving a Malaysian state investment fund, 1MDB, according to emails reviewed by the Journal. One email showed a proposal that would have given Broidy and his wife $75 million if they got the Justice Department to drop its probe into 1MDB.

Broidy also prepared talking points for Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak to tell Trump during his 2017 visit to Washington, DC. This included playing up Malaysia's relationship with the U.S. in fighting North Korea and arguing against pursuing legal action against 1MDB.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

source

So?

It's funny. Hilarious, actually.

How so?

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Straight up. Broidy might be a target here more than Cohen.

He was offering to have the DOJ drop it's investigation into 1MBD for 75 Million.

Question? If he was negotiating a price, what was his plan to deliver? How does Broidy promise to get the DOJ to drop a massive investigation??

other crazy recent news on Broidy:

Trump donor Elliott Broidy named in Ukraine criminal probe
Republican fundraiser Elliott Broidy under scrutiny over alleged deal with sanctioned Russian bank VTB

The 12-page document, which appears to have been signed by Broidy, outlines his role as providing "political advocacy" on behalf of a now sanctioned Russian bank, VTB.

Romanian media have also reported Broidy's role in negotiating arms deals worth potentially millions of dollars.

www.aljazeera.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

1) It was Hannity!

2) Hannity first says, "No, I'm not his client."

3) He gets some advice and then says, "I'm not his client but I might have paid him 10 bucks so anything the feds might have collected about me is privileged."

Hilarious.
edit on 4/17/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

It's not about what he would bother with, it's that services were acquired and if money changed hands (no matter how much) then that's not in question. In reality, money doesn't have to change hands for privilege to apply but one way you can be sure it does, is if the person was paid.

That said, as far as anyone knows, Hannity isn't a suspect in anything right now. He simply hired a lawyer that was committing crimes on the side. Based on what has been made public so far, I think there's a very good case to be made that whatever Hannity discussed should have privilege apply.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

According to media reports Cohen is the subject of an investigation into financial crimes unrelated to Hannity and trump.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

It's just idiotic.

Give it the afternoon after Hannity is told if he is NOT a client, then anything they discussed is not client-attorney privilege and can be examined by DOJ in reviewing evidence..

THEN Hannity suddenly remembers he might have given him $10 dollars and that everything they discussed was Attorney Client Privilege.

I got quite a laugh out of it. But it's not as if this is some sort of admission that Hannity is a criminal.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Aazadan

According to media reports Cohen is the subject of an investigation into financial crimes unrelated to Hannity and trump.

They would have been lead to Cohen initially from Trump, so I don't think we can completely rule out some sort of Trump tie in to all of this considering all this hubub about waiving privilege between Cohen/Trump, which could only happen under some pretty specific and damning circumstances. Hannity though, is probably in the clear barring some new information, but even if we get that information there's still a very high bar to waive privilege.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

1) It was Hannity!

3) He gets some advice and then says, "I'm not his client but I might have paid him 10 bucks so anything the feds might have collected about me is privileged."

Hilarious.

Oh, if that's hilarious I guess to each his own.
Personally, I find it more hilarious that the left wing media seem to have gone into overdrive over nothing in a rabid attempt to attack their enemy.
I guess anything passes as news these days as long as ideological points can be won.

edit on 17/4/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: soberbacchus

It's just idiotic.

I got quite a laugh out of it. But it's not as if this is some sort of admission that Hannity is a criminal.

Agreed. Unless there is some revelation I think Hannity just looks stupid and unethical, but not criminal.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I find it more hilarious that the left wing media seem to have gone into overdrive over nothing in a rabid attempt to attack their enemy.

Oh. The irony.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Now THAT is hilarious...
All the effort people went to, including searching Cohen's Twitter to see if they could find a gap where he could have flown to Europe

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

1) It was Hannity!

Hilarious.

Personally, I find it more hilarious that the left wing media seem to have gone into overdrive over nothing in a rabid attempt to attack their enemy.
I guess anything passes as news these days as long as ideological points can be won.

like you all did every time Hillary coughed during the election?

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

1) It was Hannity!

Hilarious.

like you all did every time Hillary coughed during the election?

That was not hilarious, it was just mildly funny.
Hilarious was when she collapsed and got dragged into her car and when she allegedly got drunk and started smashing things when she lost the election.
edit on 17/4/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join