It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F.B.I. Raids Office of Trump’s Longtime Lawyer Michael Cohen

page: 85
<< 82  83  84   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Wrong. You seem to think than anything with trumps name on it will be exempt. If there's a crime that involves both that gets used. Don't be absurd.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

your source is fake news
you should find a real source with factual information

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

you are full of crap and so is your opinion

Okay. Lol. . I'm not and it's not but what ever.
I'm pretty certain of my understanding of these things. I was top of my class. Did great in school. Owned my own business. I have no reason or examples in my life to suggest limited understanding. But I do recognize you're entitled to your opinion too. So...
But unless you're giving your opinion of the facts like I did , crap though you may have thought it, keep it to yourself. You're opinion of me doesn't matter and shouldn't even be up for discussion. Disagree with my opinion, fine. Don't #ing tell me it's crap. If you can't respond without being a prick don't respond at all.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

your source is fake news
you should find a real source with factual information

Garbage in=garbage out

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I don't have to. It doesn't change anything.

Then go forward in ignorance.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

You're so hopeful. You don't know what they're going to find in that mess and it will only exclude actual atty/client communique which I understand was very little. I hope you're right. He has enough problems already.
Good luck to you too.

Nothing that affects Trump.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

you are full of crap and so is your opinion

Okay. Lol. . I'm not and it's not but what ever.
I'm pretty certain of my understanding of these things. I was top of my class. Did great in school. Owned my own business. I have no reason or examples in my life to suggest limited understanding. But I do recognize you're entitled to your opinion too. So...
But unless you're giving your opinion of the facts like I did , crap though you may have thought it, keep it to yourself. You're opinion of me doesn't matter and shouldn't even be up for discussion. Disagree with my opinion, fine. Don't #ing tell me it's crap. If you can't respond without being a prick don't respond at all.

you are full of crap and have demonstrated so on many many occasions
top o the class in a one room schoolhouse aint much granny, forgetting your geritol dont help
owning your own business has squat to do with this thread
bring a source, nobody cares what you think,
and as far as telling me what to do ha you wish you mewling quim

funny you cant dispute what i posted as far as what the special master will be doing

no worries you will be disappearing soon enough again when this doesnt go your way

ps
trump is still potus
despite all the times you have posted here he would be removed

more crow ma'am?

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   

No - at the time they were speaking privately off set. (From Wikipedia - all links at bottom of their page - source).

No they were not 'off set'. From your Wikipedia link:

The video was recorded in September 2005 in the NBC Studios parking lot while Trump was preparing to appear in an episode of the NBC soap opera Days of Our Lives. Access Hollywood,[4] a syndicated entertainment news program owned by NBCUniversal,[5] conducted a behind-the-scenes interview with Trump about the guest appearance in which Trump and Bush arrived in a tour bus for the Access Across America series of segments produced in commemoration of the program's 10th season. It features audio of Trump talking with Billy Bush, then co-anchor of Access Hollywood, on a bus embellished with the show's name. Trump and Bush were wearing microphones, which recorded their casual conversation. Trump was later described as "apparently aware at the time that he was being recorded by a TV program".[6] In the section of the tape released, their conversation was mostly about his attitudes towards women.[7]

According to an Access Hollywood spokesperson, there were seven other people on the bus: a camera crew of two, the bus driver, the show's producer, a production assistant, Trump's security guard, and Trump's public relations representative. Upon arriving at the lot, the camera crew was let off the bus so they could record Trump and Bush disembarking and meeting with Arianne Zucker, who portrayed Nicole Walker on the soap opera and appeared alongside Trump in the episode in which he guest starred.[8][9]

They were filming and recording their interactions on the bus and disembarking from the bus. Trump and Bush were on the bus for that exact reason and no other reason.

Sure their guard may have been lowered, but they were both aware at all times that their conversation and actions were being recorded.

At all times.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: rnaa
No they were not 'off set'.

From your Wikipedia link:

The video was recorded in September 2005 in the NBC Studios parking lot while Trump was preparing to appear in an episode of the NBC soap opera Days of Our Lives. Access Hollywood,[4] a syndicated entertainment news program owned by NBCUniversal,[5] conducted a behind-the-scenes interview with Trump about the guest appearance in which Trump and Bush arrived in a tour bus for the Access Across America series of segments produced in commemoration of the program's 10th season. It features audio of Trump talking with Billy Bush, then co-anchor of Access Hollywood, on a bus embellished with the show's name. Trump and Bush were wearing microphones, which recorded their casual conversation. Trump was later described as "apparently aware at the time that he was being recorded by a TV program".[6] In the section of the tape released, their conversation was mostly about his attitudes towards women.[7]

According to an Access Hollywood spokesperson, there were seven other people on the bus: a camera crew of two, the bus driver, the show's producer, a production assistant, Trump's security guard, and Trump's public relations representative. Upon arriving at the lot, the camera crew was let off the bus so they could record Trump and Bush disembarking and meeting with Arianne Zucker, who portrayed Nicole Walker on the soap opera and appeared alongside Trump in the episode in which he guest starred.[8][9]

Yes they were and neither was aware their conversation in the bus was being recorded. Hence the term "hot mic".

originally posted by: rnaa
They were filming and recording their interactions on the bus and disembarking from the bus. Trump and Bush were on the bus for that exact reason and no other reason.

Sure their guard may have been lowered, but they were both aware at all times that their conversation and actions were being recorded.

At all times.

It was not an interview and neither knew they were being recorded.

ThePostMail - Did the Person Who Recorded Trump in 2005 Break the Law?

While video of the bus traveling to and stopping at its destination to meet Zucker has also been broadcast, the audio of the conversation between Trump and Billy Bush, said to have been captured by a “hot mic” and widely condemned as “offensive,” is the subject of what The Post now calls a “crisis” within the Republican Party.

In its reportage, The Post claimed that Trump knew his comments made on the “Access Hollywood” bus were being recorded and, unsurprisingly, does not divulge the source of the recording. “Listening to the Trump-Bush tape, you can’t help but notice how at ease Trump is. Although he is mic’d up and talking to a TV host, he seems wholly unconcerned that his remarks will be made public — almost as if he has done the same locker-room routine with other interviewers before,” author Callum Borchers wrote.

The Post, however, acknowledges that the exchange between Trump and Bush was “off-camera.”

Whether or not any conversation which took place on the bus among Bush, Trump, the camera crew and security personnel between one Hollywood television set and another was assumed to have been recorded is also unclear.

Section C is the issue -

California Penal Code, Section 632, states:

(c) The term “confidential communication” includes any communication carried on in circumstances as may reasonably indicate that any party to the communication desires it to be confined to the parties thereto, but excludes a communication made in a public gathering or in any legislative, judicial, executive or administrative proceeding open to the public, or in any other circumstance in which the parties to the communication may reasonably expect that the communication may be overheard or recorded.

Detailed -

Penal Code § 632, enacted under the California Invasion of Privacy Act, makes it illegal for an individual to monitor or record a “confidential communication” whether the communication is carried on among the parties in the presence of one another or by means of a telegraph, telephone, or other device. California is known as a “two-party” state, which means that recordings are not allowed unless all parties to the conversation consent to the recording.

Under Penal Code § 632(c), “confidential communication” includes any communication carried on in circumstances as may reasonably indicate that any party to the communication desires it to be confined to the parties, but excludes a communication made in a public gathering or in any legislative, judicial, executive or administrative proceeding open to the public, or in any other circumstance in which the parties to the communication may reasonably expect that the communication may be overheard or recorded.

They were NOT filming. Trump and Bush and no one else were in the bus talking privately. No cameras were present in the bus and they were not doing anything related to the interview (the reason Trump was their to begin with).

This goes back to the 2 party consent. Trump maintains the conversation was private and no mics should have been on during his conversation. Now whether you believe him or not is not relevant under California law.

Both party's have to agree and it must clear to both parties recording, whether audio or video, is occurring. Given the tone and topic of the conversation it was not meant for public consumption because it was not a part of the interview and occurred in the bus where no one else was present.
edit on 1-5-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Update and a bump

The judge in the Michael Cohen case has determined that only a little over one hundred items obtained in the search will be exempt. They took eight boxes and sixteen devices.
Almost everything that Cohen and trump were claiming was privileged won't be.
I imagine we'll be seeing some of this very soon.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Check out the new fake news. Almost everything they seized will be allowed. Cohen must be a very very dirty lawyer.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Check out the new fake news.

from you, not a surprise.....

Almost everything they seized will be allowed.

that is in no way true
now you even contradict yourself

Cohen must be a very very dirty lawyer.

old maids and their weirdo fantasies....

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

You can call me granny and make fun because I was born at a certain time. We all have our place in time don't we? Once my mother was a cute little curly haired girl kicking a ball down a street in NYC during the depression then she was a bobby soxer doing the jitterbug with my Dad. Big church wedding, kids, heartache and joy. Big full life ..grand kids, the works, but she's gone now. That's what happens.
You're going to get old. If you're lucky. You cant stop your life from moving forward. Might as well try holding a wave on the shore.
Think about that next time you want to age shame someone.
The alternative to growing old is dying young.
edit on 642018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Ah but it is true my friend. It is true.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

tell that malarkey to someone who doesn't know what trash you post here..."And btw...she is fat. Shes a cow."

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Ah but it is true my friend. It is true.

nothing you post is true

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Update and a bump

The judge in the Michael Cohen case has determined that only a little over one hundred items obtained in the search will be exempt. They took eight boxes and sixteen devices.

Once again confirming that Cohens legal issues have nothing to do with Trump or Trump Russia collusion. This action by the DOJ was a backdoor attempt to bypass attorney client privilege.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Update and a bump

At least Cohen had the decency not to beat the devices into little pieces, and pour bleach on his hard drives.

Come to think of it, WHO tipped Hillary off that a raid was coming?

top topics

<< 82  83  84   >>

join