It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 90
<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

An external drive is indeed the way to go forward but please remember that all hard drives will eventually fail, even external drives. Burning data to a DVD might be a better option. I've had hard drives die in less than a year, and others that worked way beyond that. A DVD's shelf life is reasonable when stored correctly. (Protect from heat, light and abrasion)

Sometimes those old analogue photos don't seem that bad but they do take up space. Negatives work better for long-term storage. Memories....

Depending on how many gigabytes, you may be able to save them on Google Drive or similar for free but their free plan is not ideal if you have a lot of photos.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver
Drive failure is indeed a worry, that's held me back from buying one for so long.

I think it's probably most wise to get them all printed out & into photo albums, and burn the digital originals & the videos to DVDs. I'd consider cloud storage, but that folder is pushing 150 gigs. If memory serves, that's rather pricy storage for that much.

Edit: Victorious fist pump! Unlike my hubby's computer, this reinstall DID save a lot of my files, pics & videos included, in a .old file
Much less downloading & transferring to do now!
edit on 5/22/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

My trip to the ocean may or may not still take place. I'm playing it by ear as they say. It's about an hour's drive away to my friend's house and she lives near enough to the ocean. I even have my own room there with a television. Diane and her Husband take good care of me. I am a no fuss, easy to please person.

Oh wow, Your ship says Tolkein on it. How cool is that?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Light nailed it on the head! It's pretty much a "cookie"

I'm trying to quit smoking hence my desire for a cig. I have now broken my fast and will get back on the wagon when I am good and ready. I have to quit otherwise the surgeon won't operate on me.

I'm breaking out and my psoarisis has flared up on my scalp and face - all my joints ache. Fun times. And my son has regressed his bad behaviour and general weird memory slips (inc speech) so thats fun.

* big squeezy hugs *

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

The woman who passed away is my Niece's Mother-in-law. I knew her and she was an amazingly loving, warm, kind, thoughtful and compassionate soul. I would like to pay my respects and be there for the family with hugs and a hand to hold and my sympathy for their loss. She had a disease ALS? So...I am relieved that she is no longer suffering.

There are cultures that celebrate one's passing and that is fine. For me though, I did not celebrate the death of my Parents or others close to me because the loss was deep as was their impact on my life. I was relieved that they weren't suffering anymore. I was relieved knowing they had lived long happy lives. It was comforting knowing that I did so much for them while they were still here and so I have no regrets. I have many precious memories that make me smile or laugh.

Now where is our pic of you with your long hair???

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

OMG, I can't seem to quit smoking and hope I don't need an operation any time soon. Gah!

When are you supposed to have surgery? Sorry to hear your Son has regressed in his behavior.

Big hug my friend!

I'm in the middle of a bunch of things right now, but will be checking back later.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

OMG Jiminy!!!!! I almost missed this post!!!!!! Miss you my friend! How have you been Hun? HUGS!

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I think it's probably most wise to get them all printed out & into photo albums,

That is what I was going to suggest. Excellent! They have cool photo albums these days where you can get creative with them.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

OMG Jiminy!!!!! I almost missed this post!!!!!! Miss you my friend! How have you been Hun? HUGS!

Just fine Mrs. Leaper!

Wanted to stop in and give waves and 'hi's" to everyone! The place changes location and I lose the breadcrumb trail sometimes!

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

With the amount of donuts people have been throwing around here lately you should have no excuse!

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I mean, I really appreciate the donuts...I DO, but the leaves and grass and stuff...when they hit the ground.
NightStar...you gotta work on that aim gurl!

Thanks though, really LOL!

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Man its funny. My son mispronounced something this morning when I was dressing him and I thought he said doughnut! I said "Oh no buddy now mummy wants doughnuts!" - Cake and cake like goods have been my crutch when I haven't been smoking. I would murder a few hot jam doughnuts noms.

I'm quitting really for other reasons I suppose, money (a pack of 20 is around 25 - 30 dollarydoos) and health. My mum had small cell lung cancer but luckily shes still with us, but I've seen a few other young women pass away from smoking (my grandmother was 37 when she died) in recent years and I think it would be best to give it up again (I did when I was expecting my son). Although a smoke here and there might be the way to go for me given my circumstances

No idea about surgery until I see the surgeon this friday!

DOUGHNUTS FOR ALL!

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Good Lord, we have bread crumb trails, donut ones, glitter ones, portals etc. Light is right, no excuses. Now stick around and stop leaving us! I mean...please stick around?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I'm getting old. My aim aint what it used to be. Besides, I feel it gives you lurkers more incentive to come inside and stay a while.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

but...but...my bush fort is all decked out with a coffeepot and guitars! It's like a mini mancave....bushcave!

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

Good luck with quitting Sweetie! I know I should too. I know, I know.

I make my own and would never pay those outrageous prices they ask! OMG!

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

but...but...my bush fort is all decked out with a coffeepot and guitars! It's like a mini mancave....bushcave!

oooh coffee and guitars! Hey wait just one minute. We have all that in here! No excuses. No, no, no!

edit on 22-5-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus

I'm trying to quit smoking hence my desire for a cig.

I understand. And i wish you all the best in your efforts. Cigarettes are quite horrible stuff actually. I get nothing out of it, except the cravings are gone when i smoke one. Then half an hour or an hour and the cravings are bad again. Endless cycle. Can't quit. This is not an excuse or lack of self confidence, i just can't quit, i become a human-monster combination without my nicotine.

Fourth day without sugar though. I had unexplained moodswings and fatigue. And since i can't quit tobacco, i thought why not trying to drop sugar out of the equation. I mean, i drink 2 mugs of coffee in the morning, 2 mugs in the afternoon. Two teaspoons of sugar go to each mug. That totals into 8 teaspoons of sugar daily, just from coffee. I am not totally quitting, if i buy a frozen pizza, there is sugar in the dough and also in the tomato sauce. But i will not buy candy, chocolate, ice cream or sodas anymore. If there is a celebration, i can have a slice of cake. It tastes good, and then i don't have to explain my stance to others in the party..
edit on 22-5-2018 by Finspiracy because: gravings -> cravings

new topics

top topics

<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join