It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 92
<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
a reply to: Nyiah

Motion sensor floodlights are in order.

( I hate bright lights ! )

We already have one, it doesn't work worth a damn, though. Goes on for the slightest leaf movement on a tree across the yard, doesn't do squat for something right in front of it, lol.

We couldn't find any trace of tracks, human or otherwise. It's very damp outside this morning, prints from something would certainly have been made in the dirt, but there's nothing out there. No screens look to be tampered with, no foliage is disturbed, nothing's askew, nada. No downed tree branches, either.
It's still possible someone tried getting into the car & miraculously managed to not set off the alarm, I suppose.

Long story short, we don't have any solid evidence of anything ever having set foot out there this morning, but we have 3 of us who definitely heard something, whether or not we can agree on what we think it was. Me & the kiddo say it was a window, hubs says it was his car door. There's just no evidence for one, and the odds of the other are nil. I suppose both could be accomplished if it was a ninja...

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Could it have been a bat or startled bird, flying kamikaze style into a closed ( der ! ) window ?

As kids we found it fun to tie fishing line to target house guttering.
Roll out the mono filament as far as you need to hide, pull line tight, then rub it slowly with a piece of crepe rubber.

The target house would vibrate to its core !
Those inside had no clue as to where it was emanating from ... even when coming out to see WTF !

We also fired rockets at 1 kid to stop him enjoying cracker night ... showing my age there !

Stepping of the dais ... 😉

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

Could it have been a bat or startled bird, flying kamikaze style into a closed ( der ! ) window ?

That's actually a sensible suggestion. We do have a lot of bats, though they don't come that close to the house. A confused kamikaze bird, on the other hand, would be most plausible. They start their singing for the day around 4am (the early bird party drives me nuts, we sleep with the upstairs windows open in spring, summer & part of autumn) There's a LOT of birds around here. A still, early AM is sometimes very, very loud with the chorus going off out there. And we have had birds buzz us out on the deck, they have no qualms with getting way too close passing through.

I'd surmise it would be equally possible that an animal tried to jump onto one of the window ledges outside and beaned the glass hard. I could see perhaps a cat or a raccoon trying to make that jump from the front sidewalk to the big living room window's ledge, that might have been enough force & reverb to make it sound like a closing window.

As kids we found it fun to tie fishing line to target house guttering.
Roll out the mono filament as far as you need to hide, pull line tight, then rub it slowly with a piece of crepe rubber.

The target house would vibrate to its core !
Those inside had no clue as to where it was emanating from ... even when coming out to see WTF !

We also fired rockets at 1 kid to stop him enjoying cracker night ... showing my age there !

Stepping of the dais ... 😉

XD XD You must have been a fun little hellion getting into all kinds of trouble growing up!
edit on 5/24/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Maybe you need a guard bird, a really good one. This one fires lasers and stuff.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

That was like an episode of STAR WARS in the Jungle!
Awesome talent, and someone called him a Lyre!!

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

OMG that bird cracked me up! Bahaha! Imagine a group pf those hanging around your yard? Ahaha!

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
**Nyiah**, hope you figure out your mystery. Maybe it's a big foot or aliens. LOL
As long as it isn't a human intruder. Then again, I wouldn't want a big foot or alien intruder either. We'll go with birds or raccoons or something.
edit on 24-5-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

That was like an episode of STAR WARS in the Jungle!
Awesome talent, and someone called him a Lyre!!

Good description! Comical little bugger!

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

I'm with Nyiah in saying you must have been a hellion when growing up. Probably still are. LOL

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I need your hugs and prayers, friendly thoughts and hugs.

I am so angry, no furious. I have cried several times today out of raw frustration.
My useless manager is a piece of cow dung, no correction, cow dung is excellent fertilizer, she is like nuclear waste.
I can't express this in public, due to the chance of legal repercussions.
I clocked 80 hours today in seven days, because we are short handed, with out a word of appraisal. On top she piles more on to me and berates me for not getting stuff done.
I am so far behind it would take three people, two days to catch up.
Then when I tell the owner what is going on, because she won't listen, she chews my head off because I talked to him.

She is an idiot. Has hired half her family and friends who all bow to her all mighty cleavage.
Just a wee little hug please.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Hello Shed! Shep is in for a visit.

a reply to: WalkInSilence

Aw, WIS, work troubles are the worst. [[[[HUGS]]]] dear lady.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

There is something seriously wrong with that woman! Narcissist! They love pressing one's buttons. Your stress levels are way too high my friend and you are taking on way more than is humanely possible. Big warm hug for you Wister!

I'm sure there are way better vids, but wanted to find something quickly.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Hey Shep! How've you been? How is the Mrs. and the Shepharditos?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hi Night Star - Everyone's doing well. I just got back from camping with one of the Shepherditos up in the Boundary Waters. It was a bit chilly but worth the trip. We saw a beaver come within 4 feet of my son, and I was within 8 feet of a very bold snowshoe hare. We also heard wolves one night. I brought my telescope up and was able to focus in on Jupiter - at the highest magnification we could see the bands and make out the moons. Amazing stuff.

Mrs. Shepherd is out in the gardens planting - flowers, tomatoes, onions, several types of lettuce, kale, beets, parsnips, carrots, you name it. Next comes the fence to keep the deer and bunnies from having lunch in a couple weeks. She & I built several raised beds before Shepherdito & I went on our trip, so she's been filling those with compost and dirt and planting good things to eat. Me? I mow the lawn.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Your camping trip sounds wonderful Shep! Quality time with your child, nature, animals and gazing into the night sky to see Jupiter. Wow!

Your wife's garden sounds wonderful as well. Nothing more satisfying than growing your own food!

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Thank You.
Some times I just don't get this thing called life.

But I am grateful for every hug I can get.
Love you much.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Does anyone ever truly 'get' life? You are not alone dear friend. There are many things that we don't get, but there are many things that we do and we learn every step of the way throughout our journey here. There are many ups and downs and everything in between, or as Gordi would say in-betweeny. What I love is that we can all journey and discover things together. What I love is that we have each other and this place always. What I love is the love and compassion and joining of hearts and souls in this place we call Accassia/The Shed.

Hugs are healing like our friendships. Hugs for you dear Wis and anyone who needs one.

PS: Love Pooh! DDIG!

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Ask and you shall receive...

/walkingbeside-gentlyapplied-proppingyouup-withloveandgoodluck-helpingyououtofthemuck-yournotstuck-wateroffaduck-caredfornotcoddled-uncorkabottle-Hugs !

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Night and Mike you both made me cry, tears of relief and belonging.
Thank You.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

If this is the first year your establishing your garden, I implore you to get those fences up asap. It's not just deer or bunnies you need to worry about . There's a ton of critters that love seedlings..

It really sucks to put in all the work, and money(seed), to wake up and have all your seedlings eaten.

That means replanting/germinating.

And a later harvest for all and maybe no harvest at all when it comes to things like tomatoes or peppers that need 110 days or more..

My advice would be to skip the lawn mowing for a week and help get that fence in place

Kudos on the raised beds that really is the smartest way to go. Lots of work up front but a he'll of a lot less maintenance later not to mention the lower back saver!

Respectfully,
~meathead

new topics

top topics

<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join