It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 93
<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

WiS,
I have the utmost respect for you and your character.
Your a fighter, and you persevere..

These qualities are endearing to me, to see them exploited makes my blood boil..

You need a new job..

No..

Scratch that.

YOU DESERVE A BETTER JOB.

/Hugs hun

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

I used to come home from work and water my plants in the summer. Our retired neighbour found it kinda strange for a young man to be watering plants I guess, so, one day he asked my step-mum what kind of plants they were. She told him they were tomato plants.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

It is legal here to have six tomato plants.. law passed this year..

Those six are the most well loved and tended in the garden..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
On a side note I found this.. I was at this show..

I have been playing it on repeat through my phone while I work in the garden the past week.

It ate up a lot of data but it's worth it . These dimples don't poke out as much as they used too.. but this truly brings back 20 year old Joe ,arms wrapped around his retro hippy chick ,loving life.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Dear WIS,
When life throws us a curveball, we'd be well justified in letting out an "ugh!" in frustration and anguish.
When it happens at work just about every day.... maybe an "ugh ugh ugh!!!" would be more fitting.
When it's the direct result of some other idiots deliberate behaviour..... "ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh!!!!!!!!"

But you know what?
When your shed friends & family gather around to cuddle and put the squeeze on all of those nasty "ugh" 's a strange thing happens...
"ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh" becomes "ughughughughughughughughugh". Can you see what's in there?
"ug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug h"!!

The hugs were there all along.

Now, whatever you do... next time you see or think of her... don't picture that nasty boss-woman covered in peanut butter, dressed as a chicken with daffodils sticking out of her butt-cheeks!! (__i__) because that might make you smile!

Gx

PS - [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[HUG]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Now, whatever you do... next time you see or think of her... don't picture that nasty boss-woman covered in peanut butter, dressed as a chicken with daffodils sticking out of her butt-cheeks!! (__i__) because that might make you smile!

Ahahahaha! That is awesome Gordi!

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Hiya Joe! I was never a Dead Head. That's what they used to call folks who were into the grateful dead. We may have a lot of people here who do though. Always post what you love. Music is awesome and powerful in how it can make us feel.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Gawd, how rude of me, I didn't even say Hi! Hiya Light! Now where is our pic of your long hair??????

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I just happened upon this wonderful thread and I am so sorry to see you in pain. I know that pain all to well. I know it’s not always possible or easy to find a new job but you 100% deserve to be treated with respect and kindness. Two things thing that worked for me when I was dumped on were 1) ask them to prioritize and 2) boundaries. The first puts the responsibility back on their shoulders. I would say “ Happy to do it, I have x,y,z that I’m also working on, which takes priority?” And the list would keep shifting. Narcissistic people have a tendency to think in the moment that what they want now is super important but when faced with a list of other things, that thing turns out not to be important at all. Some stuff won’t get done but that’s ok because you can only do so much. If they want it done they can hire another person. And boundaries go hand in hand with #1. At the end of the day it’s just a job. It may suck but you are not what you do for a living. You’re a wonderful human being who doesn’t deserve the abuse. And they will keep taking advantage of you if you let them. Oh and maybe you can record your boss when she’s having a tirade. Start a file and document everything!

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: IWant2Believe323

Welcome to our wonderful realm! Make yourself at home and enjoy your stay! Thank you for reaching out to Wis, she deserves so much more than life is throwing her way.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Well said.
The beer/coffee/doughnuts/salted caramel EVERYTHING is on me.

G

PS - Welcome "home".
edit on 25-5-2018 by Gordi The Drummer because: fix spelling - my spacebar is sticking!!!! ugh

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   
That's me off to MoFest.

Have a very Sheddy weekend and I'll see you all next week.

Unless I get eaten or abducted by cabbages.

G

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Nicely conveyed !

Enjoy all there is to offer in this umpteenth iteration of "The Shed".

* don't eat the soggy doughnuts or the donuts ...

😎

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

A great chapter to the tale Gordi!

I have another written and should be posting it in just a short while.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Hello IWant and many welcomes to our wonderful realm, you must have stumbled upon one of the magical doors.
Thank you for your advice.
I do and know all of the above.
When I present her with a list and ask her what to prioritize she gets frazzled and tells me to figure it out.
I know I am not my job, but it enables me to be me out side of work.

Any who, please sit down and have a cup of tea with us, or a wee dram. I have onle been here three years but it is my favored home away from home.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Top of the morning all you wonderful creatures.

Thank you all for your kind words and advice.
I can't really speak of it in RL because if it gets back to the company I could be prosicuted.

I am pulling a double today, again for the fourth time in eight days on top of working every day, minimum ten hours.
Normally I would go in an hour early on personal time to catch up.
But I am done doing that and I intend to say I can't do that double today.
Yesterday she had the audacity to tell me that maybe I could go home an hour midmorning.
Wish me luck.

I need a job, I like this job and I just got a raise but the Banshee is killing me. She is so manipulative.
Hugs around.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Hello.
This is the latest chapter in my perspective of the ongoing Shed adventure.
You can read my last chapter here:
Chapter 4 page 57 Shed 19

Now for..

Chapter 5

Princess Aria sat in a large room behind her throne room in the Blacklands castle.
It had been a long day of planning with her councilors for the defense of the Blacklands against the Armagors and an attack from an unknown enemy.
“Oh Errollorre.” Said Aria to herself. “Where are you?”

Aria hadn’t seen Errollorre for several months.
“Errollorre needed to get way to “find himself” or “meditate” or some other lame excuse.” thought Aria.

In frustration Aria kicked a footstool across the room.
She looked to where the stool landed and was startled to see floating high above it was a swirling hole in the air.

“A portal!” said Aria.
Aria had always been fascinated with interdimensional portals.
She walked close to the floating whirlpool.
It was at her eye level and not very big.
One could perhaps squeeze their hand into its opening.
But you certainly could not go into it.

Aria moved closer to see if she could look through the opening.
Suddenly a voice came from the portal.
“Aria! Aria!” said the voice.
Aria stepped back in shock.
Aria knew that voice.
“Aria are you there?” asked the voice.
“Yes!” said Aria. “I am here! Is that really you..father?”
“Yes my Aria. It is me!

It was Aria’s father, Prince Dricore.
He had disappeared over a year earlier when he lept into a portal to lure a devil hound away from Aria, Errollore and Troll.

Aria was beside herself with excitement.
It was her father! He was alive.
She had so many questions.
But before she could ask them her father spoke.

“Listen Aria.” Prince Dricore said. “I only have a few moments before this portal closes. Let me tell you what has happened and what I need you to do to help me.”
”I’m listening father.” said Aria.

“After I entered the portal I passed through many worlds and dimensions. I was always seeking a path home. But I could never find a portal from where I was to take me back to Accasia.
But recently I found two. This small one, which obviously I can not pass through, and a large one that opens on Ash mountain.”
“Ash mountain!” exclaimed Aria.
“I know.” said Prince Dricore. “Now listen please, this portal is going to close soon.
I know Ash mountain is far away and it is a dangerous journey to get there. But it is the only place the other portal opens.
The problem is, it open up vertically from where I am. So it is as if I’m at the bottom of a deep well and I can not climb the swirling mist walls.
So I want you to dispatch part of the Darklands Army to meet me at Ash Mountain.
If they leave today they can be there in two weeks when the portal opens. Have them bring ropes to lower into the portal to me and pull me out.”
“But father..” said Aria.
But suddenly the portal closed.

“I can’t send the army.” Thought Aria. “We need them to protect the Blacklands from the invaders.”
“I must go myself. But, I could really use some help getting through the forbidden desert and the many monsters that lie between here and there.
But Errollorre isn’t here. I can’t spare any soldiers. Who can help me?”

Just then the door to the room burst open and in walked Troll the troll with a pixie riding on his shoulder.
“Hello ugly elf woman.” said Troll.
“This pixie named Trixie. She has sisters that got took.
We go to rescue them.
Do you and stupid wizard boyfriend want to come with us to Ash Mountain?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer
That's me off to MoFest.

Have a very Sheddy weekend and I'll see you all next week.

Unless I get eaten or abducted by cabbages.

G

Ahh....festival daze. I remember those days, the light shows....man! It's nice to lose all your cares for a brief moment while watching a professional light show. Floyd, Hawkwind, Gong, Ozrics. (Never got to see Floyd live, only on DVD, major bummer) Or stand in a field with several thousand crazy Dutch people drinking beer and spilling most of it while Motorhead turned the volume up to eleven. Good times. Then back to a small car to try and sleep folded up double. For some reason me and my gf thought it would be a good idea at the time. Possibly cheaper too. My back! Anyway, hope you have a great time and...

Eleven!

Happy Friday all. I've started early.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre

Great chapter Tom!

I will be away all weekend, but hope to add an entry and have Night be on her way to meet you and Gordi at Ash Mountain. Maybe once I return and am rested from my busy weekend I can come up with something.

top topics

<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join