It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 89
<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: WalkInSilence
My living quarters are a beacon of silence and my new neighbour was sent by the gods. I have stopped trying to escape, the peace has returned. I don't even hear his door close. A world of difference.

This is absolutely great! At one point, when you had the old neighbour, i thought you were going to snap.

Having morning coffee now, it is calm here too. If you don't count the Five finger death punch rocking in my headphones

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Morning Finster! You have yourself a lovely day!

Going to bed soon. Morning everyone!

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   

As for Guinness, I had two mouthfuls once (15 years ago!) and couldn't chew it so I stopped. Bleuhh!

Deep in the Dark Waters of the River Liffey, there bubbles the wrath of Celtic warriors of olde. Their honour besmirched by the utterings of a mere mortal who likes not the sea-foam topped obsidian-coloured delight that is the pint of Guinness.
From this day forth - that mortal shall be known as "The Guinnless One" and he shall be pitied, for he knoweth not what he misseth. (I needth to get these teeth fixethed!)

It took me a while to embrace its delights too, (4 separate times!!) but it was worth the effort!
Nom Nom Nom etc

carry on!
G

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

BUT you are so much more fun when you are confrontational and grumpy.

Say that to my face! (__i__)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Never in my life have I ever heard beer described so eloquently. Impressive!

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Testing the new sized pic from you Gordi.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
* steps inside The Shed momentarily to decry she would like a cigarette *

* leaves a plate of biscuits on the way out *

* would like to say biscuits as in proper biscuits and not the weird american biscuits *

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

What, arrowroots ?

Or mint slice...mmm ! ?

Timtams and coffee work too ... just saying .

😉

Ed: It weirded me out in the US how they eat donuts/sweet pastries for breakfast ... with captain ordinary coffee.

And everything, yes, everything comes with soup or salad and comes automatically loaded with ketchup and mustard sachets.

Should have taken some pies over there .

😎
edit on 22-5-2018 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Ducks the flying donut/doughnuts ... except one.

Smelled like pixie pooh !

Anything to announce ?

I only popped in to say G'day ... not to hoo frung dung !

NB reminder to self : get an easy clean balaclava.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

Hello Hunny! What is a proper biscuit compared to an American biscuit? Lovely to see you Auroraaus, how have you been?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Ahaha! Not everything comes with soup and salad, is automatically loaded with ketchup and mustard, and not everyone eats donuts or sweets for breakfast. Sounds good though... The sweets. Now I want a donut for breakfast. LOL

What is a timtam? Ha, even my spellcheck has that word underlined in red. Hoo frung dung? LOL
What is a balaclava? Good Lord, I need special D dictionary. It would be a hoot meeting you in person. Half the time, I wouldn't know what the hell you were talking about.

Now, every time I go out to eat, I'll think of you and demand my soup and salad and ketchup and mustard packets. Sachets? Those have potpourri in them or some similar nice scented stuff.

Anyway, hope you are well Dear!

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

A balaclava is what bank-robbers (and others) wear over their heads to avoid recognition.
Think woolly ski-mask.

A timtam is apparently a chocolate-covered biscuit made in Australia. A biscuit is to British people what a cookie is to Americans. Sweet and not usually served as part of a meal. Coffee and biscuits, they can be dunked (submerged in the beverage) to soften then if desired.

edit on 22/5/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

That was very informative. Thank you Hun! I thought the biscuits were like our cookies, but I wasn't sure. Never heard of the timtam before, but sounds delicious! How are you today?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I am fine, how bout you?

I haven't been doing this either...

(Borrowed the GIF from another member. Don't tell!)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Bahaha! You're not flinging poo?

I'm fine. Not looking forward to the funeral on Saturday though. I'll be out all day with a friend on Friday and usually stay up much later on those days. So...getting up early the next day will make me a zombie. Then, my other friend is still trying to work it out so I can stay overnight at her place. She has an hour's drive just to get here and doesn't like traveling in the evenings if she can help it. Have no idea how long the funeral will be and get together afterward and I will be traveling with my Brother, so I can't just leave when I want to.

Have to clean the turtle and fish tanks later. Should do laundry too. I got up earlier than usual today so still sipping coffee and trying to be more awake here.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I haven't been doing this either...
(Light throws crap)

It sounds like you are saying you really wanted to, but didn't? Any way you need a serious hair cut.

Did you know that captive primates exhibit that kind of behaviour out of frustration? It is rather sad. On the other side it tells me how much we have surpressed our manner of expression.
We behave passive aggressivly and all communication is brought to a halt.
Those guys still know how to say "I am P....d" "Back Off"

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Hey Sweet Pea.
I know you are traveling to your favorite place in the world "The Ocean"
So, Bon Voyage

The funeral event, that I haven't heard of before, I hope goes well.
Funerals are sad but I think are a very essential part of expressing our emotions.
The mermaid picture was so sweet. A dream in a dream.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

I do indeed realise that zoos and circuses are cruel by definition and I refuse to visit either. The idea of depriving an animal its natural environment and freedom is abhorrent to me.

Pfffttt. My hair will grow longer, a friend offered to cut it for me. I told him politely no. The hippy in me is dying to be free once more.

On the plus side, I didn't fling poo.

ETA I always try to be happy at a funeral. It is a celebration of life imho. Nothing wrong with a few tears but I do like to remember the person instead of thinking about their corpse. I find a good stiff drink works wonders on such occasions. Not too much though...

edit on 22/5/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Well, that's 2 for 2 in the Windows Update Disaster game, it ate MY laptop, too. Now I'm stuck reinstalling Win10, too.

But there's a silver lining -- I didn't trust this one as far as I could throw it, so I transferred my entire pictures & videos folder to the freshly reinstalled desktop of my husband's. Many, many gigs & 7 hours later, that completed & my update auto-rebooted the laptop to get it going, til it choked on itself & got me stuck in the same boot loop.

This is just going to be a lot of redownloading of softwares & games, but at least I saved the photos from oblivion! A LOT of those are from an old SD card I lost, they're the only copies left of the kids as babies. Methinks it's time to get an external drive to store them.

top topics

<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join