It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Hoges did a great job of exporting all that crap.

The pom's seem to like it though ...

😎

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

LOL We had a fellow from Australia come visit our company years ago, and when we got on the subject of drinking, he made that point, VERY clear to us.

Hi everyone! Glad I found the ever moving home.
Been super frustrated, trying to find a new job.
Being the jack of all trades, and master of nothing, apparently doesn't mean jack.
edit on 16-4-2018 by chiefsmom because: spelling

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Pixie drinks are the best. I'll just have one of those.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I used to watch The Paul Hogan Show with my Dad back in the day in the UK. Australian humour was (and still is) a huge hit.
He was a much loved person in the UK way before Crocodile Dundee.

Steve Hughes kills me now.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Good luck with the job hunt. Work is bad enough but imho finding work is even badder. I've been there and it sucks.

"So, why are you applying for a job at our company?"

"Because I have no work."

"Yes, but besides that?"

"Pfffftttt....."

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Sorry you haven't found employment yet Mom! I can imagine how frustrating that must be for you!

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Dedicated to all the Sheddites.. luv you all ! Have a great day, evening , or night ( whichever comes first 😏)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Thank you Sheye!

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Continued from link above.

The Elven Warrior looked about as the denizens of the Shed scattered from the great hall, following orders and working together with intent on making a success of their efforts and strategies. When the last of them had left, the silence was deafening. "Where is Jojopo?" Night asked Pesky. "Where is Wolf, Hugo and Storm?" Pesky was concerned. "Night...they are with their own kind just as you asked them to be, just as they always are in these battles. What is wrong with you?"

Night blinked her eyes. "What?" It was as though she hadn't heard a word that Pesky had spoken. Normally Pesky would have rolled her eyes, but there was no time for humor here. "Night! Snap out of it!" the pixie shouted. Pesky felt so helpless, it was Night who was the leader, who told her what to do, not the other way around. She was a mere pixie after all. The Elf's gaze turned to the doorway and standing tall and proud was Taylon, the feline/human who loved her as she had loved him even though their love was forbidden.

He stepped slowly yet deliberately toward her and took her by the arm. He turned to the worried little pixie. "What happened? Why isn't she responding normally?" "I...I...don't know. She hasn't been herself since the great Witch War. There has always been casualties in wars, but in that one..." Taylon nodded his head in understanding, long dark hair spilling over broad shoulders. "What are we going to do? She is no condition to battle anything, let alone the greatest evil beings these Kingdoms has ever seen. This is not good, not good at all!" said Pesky.

Taylon cupped Night's face in his hands. "Look at me! Hear my words! How are you going to be of any use to anyone including yourself if you don't snap out of this? This is not the Warrior I have always known. This is not you!" The Elf smiled weakly. I'll...be fine. I just a needed a moment to myself to gather my thoughts." I'm fine." She pulled away from Taylon defiantly.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Yeah!

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

Yeah!

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Night, the weather here's is cloudy (perhaps with a chance of meatballs, although I hope not.) and rainy. But the earth is being nourished and the clouds never last. As nothing ever does. Much love to you ♥.

Timely, thank you for that link! I'm going to enjoy reading that.

So, if we're just emotional cucumbers, I wonder what that means in terms of what we do to ourselves. 🤔 maybe we can be kinder to ourselves knowing we're very sensitive water sacks. 😁

Lightspeeddriver, I'm going to avoid any smut... Who am I kidding? Nice wood mate! I'm sure it's imbued with so much sentiment. I pick up stones from special places and they're always so much more than stones.

As always, it's been wonderful coming here, now I must dash, my unicorn has ran off and there was some very yummy toadstools in a bag on her...
edit on 1742018 by Dakini37 because: Because drugs are bad m'kay

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dakini37

....So, if we're just emotional cucumbers, I wonder what that means in terms of what we do to ourselves. 🤔 maybe we can be kinder to ourselves knowing we're very sensitive water sacks. 😁...

I HAD to do it!! The mere mention of the word "cucumber" sets me off!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

You have a new pm my dear...

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

I saw the cat cucumber thing lol! Apparently they are programmed to think it is a snake due to ... some vague thing in their brain that defies reason.
ETA Either that or cats just really hate cucumbers. I never did that to my cat though, she always had my back.

This is how Ozzies deal with snakes...
Language warning!

edit on 17/4/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dakini37
Lightspeeddriver, I'm going to avoid any smut... Who am I kidding? Nice wood mate! I'm sure it's imbued with so much sentiment. I pick up stones from special places and they're always so much more than stones.

As always, it's been wonderful coming here, now I must dash, my unicorn has ran off and there was some very yummy toadstools in a bag on her...

Smut is fun when it's well meant. I'm on a high right now. Rental company told me officially that my neighbour from hell is leaving. My heart sings wood. (Shout out to Mike Stivic to giving me this song!) Rarely do songs touch me so deeply as the one he posted. Thanks Mike!

/me walks to the bar and opens a bottle of Old Cobblers Noggin...

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Oh, tell me about it!
I've driven that road quite a few times and it's just as bad now as it was on my first trip over to the east back in about 1976. (Yeah, I'm that old!
)

Going over was ok, because once it was dark I just waited for a couple of semis travelling in convoy to go past, then followed them. Kept a fair distance back so as not to annoy the truckies we were following, but still close enough that the two big trucks would (hopefully) deter any roos intending to cross the road. Or at least help us avoid the situation you experienced...

However on the way back, we reached Hay itself just on dusk. Filled the car, then trundled off down the road. We didn't even get outside the town limits before a huge grey roo came hopping across the road in front of us. Fortunately we were still going pretty slow, and also I'd had the car's front brakes completely renewed just a few weeks before: we missed that roo by a couple of feet.

So, we turned around and went back into the actual township of Hay and booked into a motel for the night. The next morning we took a road south for the relatively easy drive down to the Grampians in Victoria. It's only about 400 km, so we reached our destination by lunchtime. But for the first 100km or so (which is very much roo country), we saw plenty of them lying by the roadside, some obviously very recent. So, it's just as well we didn't attempt that road at night.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Your Welcome my friend, that song really moves me as well..

The singer is a very talented lyricist , also something about his accent gives his voice a certain "i don't know what" that really draws me in. if you get a chance check out some of the band's other songs.
A lot of great music from them with powerful lyrics that really move the soul and paint a picture in my mind.

I'm glad you enjoyed it

I'll be semi Away From Keyboard as I do chores
/hugs gang

Respectfully,
~meathead

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join