It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Sorry I missed so many of you yesterday. I was gone for some time and then came home in much pain and was so tired.

I have to leave in a little while as my friend Diane is coming down for a visit and we will be going out for lunch and a little shopping. I'm used to being a night owl, so being up while it's still actually Morning is tough for me. Like going to bed in the early hours of 'morn and having to get up while it is still morning...yikes! LOL

Wishing everyone a great day! I will join you all later today.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
i'm lurking around... my tiny little surgery was fast and easy, and i'm not even that sore... unless i type too much, b/c the missing chunk of me seems pretty tightly connected to my typing muscles, lol.

well, not the part that's missing, but where the part was... well, you get the idea

hugs to everyone!

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

They removed a finger or two? An arm perhaps? Or do I not want to know? Also a possibility.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Have a wonderful day with your friend,Night !

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

a gross little growth on my side. almost certainly non-malignant, just positioned in a way that it got massively irritated by normal activity, so it had to go. bye bye!

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

... happy to read your surgery went well 😊.. hugs back at you !

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
Yes, it can be argued "What is Real", how do we distinguish between "realities"?

These are cool things to contemplate.

I can make a claim that next to me now, there is a red coffee mug with a picture of a white cat. And it is real. But for you, it is just a claim made by someone online. So my real may not be your real. And maybe many light years away, a planet is just about to explode, would be real as heck to the possible inhabitants, but we here wouldn't ever even know about it.

What if i was the only person on this planet? would anything be real, or just subjective views of things, filtered by, and limited by, own understanding of them

If reality is that which exists independently then nothing is real. Absolutely everything is dependent related. Every atom in the universe is brought about by causes and conditions, utterly dependent on them. We ourselves are not what we think we are. We think we're islands, separate from everything, that's one of the reasons we become depressed.

When we're born we have this feeling of being separate and isolated, we define it a "me". Uniquely apart from others, but our bodies are borne from others, even our thoughts come from previous thoughts, others thoughts, society, media, peers etc.

As we age we change constantly from year to year, week to week, even moment to moment. Never remaining the same for a single nano second. And yet, there's still this feeling of a me, a self a unique and separate "I". This is just a fabrication of a conceptual mind. In fact, nothing is as real as we feel it to be. Everything is impermanent on a momentary basis and utterly dependent on many, many other factors.

Hope I didn't just have a stinky mindfart all over the shed 😂 sorry.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Waves hello to everyone!

I see a minor surgery that went well. Awesome!

Some silliness. Good, good.

I see some philosophical stuff. Wonderful!

Sheye, I had an awesome time with Diane. We can't ever get together without laughing and having a great time.

I had too much coffee and can't shut up. However...I bought some wine coolers for later so that might calm me down a bit...or not.

Man, we went to the Salvation army. I got a jacket, a romatic blouse and lacey sweater. All totalled was only twenty bucks!

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Most productive. I too buy second-hand clothes when I can find them in my size (I'm 6 feet tall and very skinny, not many guys wear my size jeans) and they are good value for money and it's good for the planet.

I read that coffee has a half life of 5 hours, wheee!
edit on 14/4/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Dakini37

Nice.

Reality is just an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol! J/K

Or Does human thought literally create the matter that we perceive as real?
Hmmmm Or did I make this up?

When you fire a single photon (one particle of light) towards an optical device with two tiny slits in it... light travels through BOTH slits!?!? How can one particle go through both? 2 SLIT Single Photon Experiment

Are we just part of some other civilisation's computer generated experiment (like a "Matrix" scenario)?
GLITCH in The MATRIX Stories anyone?

What is real and what is not?
Fecked if I know!

G

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

I love second hand shopping! I have purchased some amazing things throughout the years that would have cost a fortune had I bought them new. Some second hand shops carry new items as well.

It's like a treasure hunt and you never know what you're going to find.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Reality? Reality is The Shed. That's good enough for me.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I love second hand shopping! I have purchased some amazing things throughout the years that would have cost a fortune had I bought them new. Some second hand shops carry new items as well.

It's like a treasure hunt and you never know what you're going to find.

Wait, WHAT? You only have ONE HAND????

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Reality? Reality is The Shed. That's good enough for me.

Whaaat - You mean THIS IS REAL??????
OMFG!!!!
(And here was me blaming the Scotch!)

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

It is real and...it is good.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Spirit Cat Card Reading

Vision

Meet Stargazer. Some say her head is in the clouds, but the view is better from up here. She can see the big picture beyond our normal sight. She can see beyond small increments of time to the vastness of years, decades and even eternity. Take a step back and see your life through Stargazer's eyes. What visions do you have for your life? They might appear fuzzy or absent if you are afraid of the action they are calling you to take. Acknowledge those fears. Then ask them to step aside like parting clouds until you are able to truly see. Let your visions be a beacon calling you forth.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Continued from above link.

The Elven Warrior looked amongst the sea of changing faces. She waited for the voices of the masses to fade enough so that she could speak and be heard. "By now, many of you have heard rumors of a great evil invading the Kingdoms..." She hesitated searching for the words to tell them, but there was no easy way of doing so. "It is true." Night went on to explain it the way that Errollorre had explained it to her. Voices rose in concern, in anger and despair.

"The Elves have made weapons available in the great armory and more are being forged with the finest of craftsmanship, but we need help as they cannot keep up with the demand. This battle will be like no other we have ever faced before. I need the leaders of each race of men and magical beings and creatures. Gather the strongest and bravest of your kind. I need volunteers to lead the children, elderly and disabled to the secret caves. We must act quickly."

Night Star shouted. "There cannot be chaos amongst us, only unity and order! We will fight to the bitter end, for the Shedlands, for our sacred space and for each other like we have done in times past. I have seen your strength, your fierce determination and will. I have seen you rise victoriously no matter what came our way. Our rage will carry us through, rage against any evil that threatens to dim our light and our ways. We will not fail!"

edit on 14-4-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer
a reply to: Dakini37

Nice.

Reality is just an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol! J/K

Or Does human thought literally create the matter that we perceive as real?
Hmmmm Or did I make this up?

When you fire a single photon (one particle of light) towards an optical device with two tiny slits in it... light travels through BOTH slits!?!? How can one particle go through both? 2 SLIT Single Photon Experiment

Are we just part of some other civilisation's computer generated experiment (like a "Matrix" scenario)?
GLITCH in The MATRIX Stories anyone?

What is real and what is not?
Fecked if I know!

G

Oh quantum mechanics just makes me smile so much! I thought this might take your interest, although you probably know all about it plato.stanford.edu... It's something I used to ponder about for a long time. I'm thinking now though, the wisdom of 2500 ago is only now beginning to be understood here in the west.

Mycelium spore drives here we come!

On the charity shop subject I have a penchant for weird objects like chintzy milk jugs, old boxes, teapots and other bric-a-brack collected from old lady's homes after they pass away. Minus the cats.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

READY!

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join