It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 163
<< 160  161  162    164  165  166 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico
I know what you mean. I visited Edinburgh in 1976 when I was a callow youth of 20, and I loved it. It's one of those magical cities. So is Prague, where I lived for over 20 years, but they each have their own special magic and cannot be adequately compared.

Still hoping to get back to Scotland one day. But Gordi (if you see this) I can't take Dada the airport route any more. Her behaviour is too unpredictable now, but perhaps in the future I'd love to get back there and maybe we can meet up.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

I want to live on this street!

Hi Auto,
It's quite stunning isn't it?
That's on the Royal Mile, looking back up towards Edinburgh castle.
The whole area is just dripping with history. It's just a bit too "full of tourists" for my liking, but understandably so!
There's a live webcam there too if you're interested? (But I don't think that the view is quite as good...)
LINK to camvista Royal Mile Webcam

***Edit to add: there are other great live Scottish webcams HERE at the Scotland info Website

originally posted by: JustMike

...Still hoping to get back to Scotland one day. But Gordi (if you see this) I can't take Dada the airport route any more. Her behaviour is too unpredictable now, but perhaps in the future I'd love to get back there and maybe we can meet up.

You know that I'd like that very much Mike.
Anytime! (...and there will be a nice dram waiting for you.)
Please give Dada a huge Scottish bear-hug from me?

edit on 17-7-2018 by Gordi The Drummer because: I wanted to add a link

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Anytime! (...and there will be a nice dram waiting for you.)

Oh, yes. I'd be glad for it, mate.

Please give Dada a huge Scottish bear-hug from me?

I'll go and do that right now... BRB...

ETA: we just had a hug -- and a kiss. The kiss was her instigation, which I was glad to see.

I don't know how long she has, but she's trying to hang on.

edit on 17/7/18 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Just to explain, when we were coming back from Australia in mid-March, Dada was so tired and confused by the time we got to Dubai (about 13 hrs from our airport in Oz), she had problems dealing with the four-hour layover there. We were lucky they let us on the plane to Prague for the final six hours or so of our journey.

ETA: I'm going to state this very officially: the people from Emirates (who own and run the airport) were very understanding. They recognized my wife's condition and listened to me when I asked them (ok, I begged them!) to let me get her home on their plane, to where she could receive specialized care.

And, although they had the right to stop her going on the plane, they were compassionate and we got back to Prague.

I am so grateful for their kindness and understanding.

However, having gone through all that, I can't put her through "airport security" again, because it's so stressful and frankly, in general it seems to be about treating law-abiding people like a bunch of criminals.

Is this where we are now? What has happened to respect and common sense?

So, I won't even take her on a "short" flight within Europe now. Just too risky.

Meanwhile, we don't take "holidays". Heck, I don't even take her to local restaurants any more, because (when eating a meal) she sometimes forgets to swallow -- which leads to complications, if I may put it that politely.

On a plane? After going through their absurd and frankly useless "security" protocols, that only inconvenience the innocent? No; it's just not an option.

edit on 17/7/18 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Oh Mike, I have missed you so much and am so happy to see you in here today! My heart breaks for you and Dada. You are an amazing Husband and always there for her! Give her a big hug for me and you get one too!

I am almost finished your book and it is a great read!!! I told my Sister she could read it when I am done as I find she would really enjoy it.

My anxiety could be better, but I have some tests coming up and all. So yeah, that always makes me nervous as well as worrying about Mark and his health. I'm hanging in there though.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I knew you wouldn't let me down. Loved the pics! Yeah, I love that street with the gorgeous historical buildings and all. You sure have a good looking family there Gordi!

I would love to see Ireland and Scotland so much! Have ancestors from Ireland and also Welsh heritage. For all I know, we could have Scottish ancestors too.

I'm just kind of rushing through with my replies as I slept the day away and have things to do. Thanks so much for sharing pics of your latest adventure!

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Blue, you have my prayers and good thoughts. It looks like you will finally get the help you have been needing so badly and that makes me happy!

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Ooooh spooky! Let me know how you like it! I would enjoy seeing that!

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Timely. I haven't heard that song in ages. LOL Thanks!

Hi Sheye! Where ya been? I could use some prayers and positive vibes from folks too for my anxiety and upcoming tests and whatever.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

No need for any explanation Mike.
My heart aches for you and Dada.
Everything that you say about the airports and society in general rings true, sadly.
I can only begin to imagine what you two have gone through together.

G

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

I knew you wouldn't let me down. Loved the pics! Yeah, I love that street with the gorgeous historical buildings and all. You sure have a good looking family there Gordi!

Yeah, they're not too bad (for a first attempt!!!)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Ahh hahaha! First attempt eh? CHRISSIE, Gordi's being bad again!

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Ahh hahaha! First attempt eh? CHRISSIE, Gordi's being bad again!

ohh, she knows!! LOL
btw - How gorgeous does she look in those pics?
I am a lucky man - Don't tell her I said that!!

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

She is beautiful!!! I want her hair! Wouldn't mind a nice body like that either. You did good Gordi. And...she is into cool stuff like nature and kids and whatnot.

She did good as well.

And those kids of yours are gorgeous and great kids!

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thanks hunni, I couldn't agree more!
LOL

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hi Sheye! Where ya been? I could use some prayers and positive vibes from folks too for my anxiety and upcoming tests and whatever.

Hiya Night.. your prayer request has been noted for anything you may need prayers for. I pray for everyone in the Shed. Many of us carry crosses and live with with struggles, and some are not always shared in posts.

I hope you can relax and not let the anxiety get to you too much. What will be will be, and if anybody has the strength and grit to get through negative results, it’s you Night. But me thinks you worry for nothing... you remind me of me that way 😉. I’m a worry wart at times, especially when it comes to loved ones. Problem is it doesn’t help. A great Saint once said “don’t worry..pray”.

How am I ? Grateful I have air conditioning as it’s 34% C here today, and besides going to visit my mom , the only thing I’ve done is stay home and stay cool.

Take care Night, and remember.. don’t worry.. stay happy ! 😊

edit on 17-7-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Thank you Sweetheart, much appreciated! I pray for everyone too. It's true, not everyone comes forward with what they are suffering through. Hugs!

Stay cool!

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

You're probably in bed by now. Sweet dreams Gordi!

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   

You're probably in bed by now. Sweet dreams Gordi!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 02:38 AM
link   

My turn. Night Gordi! Night Shed!

new topics

top topics

<< 160  161  162    164  165  166 >>

join