It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 162
<< 159  160  161    163  164  165 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I am cruising ATS, Facbook and a horror movie chatboard. I used to dislike facebook, now I find it tolerable.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

With facebook, it depends on the people you know and what they are sharing as well as the groups you can find. There are soooo many groups. I belong to at least one with gemstones and crystals, some fantasy groups with cool dragons and faeries and what-not, Some with beautiful sayings and pics of flowers and animals, funny things, one lady who speaks about mental illnesses and is the sweetest thing ever. You get to learn a lot and I like being there for her and others.

A horror movie chatboard? I love a good horror movie, but it has to have a good story line and not just torture, blood and gore. I prefer haunting type movies myself.

Have fun perusing interesting things!

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Older kiddo finally sort of cleaned her room after a week of increasing numbers of revoked privileges, and eventually brandishing the patented parental "Garbage Bag" threat. She still has a ways to go before it's considered adequate, and she's already tried pawning the rest of the job off on her sister, "I'll pay you to clean my room!" "Nope, you don't have any money, and your IOUs are no good, because you never pay them." OUCH.

The cold front is fiiiinally blowing through, though we didn't get any rain from it here. The humidity is dropping nicely so far, tonight's going to feel great while it drops further. The temps should be in the 60's tonight instead of the 70's. OMG, that will be so wonderful to sleep in!

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I'm not into slashers or torture pron. I mostly like supernatural stuff, and found footage, love FF.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
A horror movie chatboard? I love a good horror movie, but it has to have a good story line and not just torture, blood and gore. I prefer haunting type movies myself.

The original House on Haunted Hill and the original The Haunting were great movies. Their remakes were ok enough, I especially enjoyed the creepy, but stunningly beautiful, attention to detail in the remade The Haunting. But nothing beats the originals.

My older kid's favorite horror movie is Nosferatu. She says the fact that it's a silent film makes it even creepier because you have to use you imagination to wonder what the scenes sounded like

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer uioprpo
...the first aeroplane that Dougie has ever been on was... CONCORDE!! He was thrilled to bits.
G

Wait a sec, Dougie flew a Concorde? I am SOoooo envious .
I saw and heard them many times sailing the British Channel, and all I wanted was to fly in one, just once.

Sounds like you all had a blast it made me smile. Cheers mate

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Ahahaha, the parental garbage bag threat! My Parents used that on me when I was a teenager. One day they took all my stuff that was hanging around and did put it in a garbage bag, but hid the bag somewhere. I freaked out and cried and was in shock that they would actually do such a horrible thing to me. They let me stew in my storm for a bit before telling me where my stuff was, but promised the next time, they really would throw my things away if I didn't keep my room up. My room looked great ever after. LOL

I also laughed at your daughter trying to buy off her Sister to do her dirty work, but her Sister not falling for that. LOL

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

I'm not into slashers or torture pron. I mostly like supernatural stuff, and found footage, love FF.

I love supernatural stuff!!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Yep, saw those!
Not the silent film one, but the others.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

I'm such a wuss and have never been on a plane. I almost took a ride in a helicopter once when I was feeling brave, but the line was too long to wait in. It was at some fair many years ago.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   

g.co...

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
Wait a sec, Dougie flew a Concorde? I am SOoooo envious .
I saw and heard them many times sailing the British Channel, and all I wanted was to fly in one, just once.

Sounds like you all had a blast it made me smile. Cheers mate

Well..... nearly! LOL
They have a Concorde at the Museum of Flight (in a BIG hangar) and he got on board to explore it!
It's the very first proper plane that he's ever been on, so to him.... the first plane he was ever on will ALWAYS be the Concorde!!!! (His Idea / his way of thinking and I like it!!!)

cheers,
G

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Great to see you Cutie! I love hearing about your adventures! Lots of quality family time and fun had by all.
Wonderful. No pics?

Thanks Hunni,
Yup, Hang on...

Museum of Flight (East Fortune):

Me and D enjoying dessert in the Italian restaurant:

Camera Obscura & The Royal Mile, Edinburgh:
(These are REAL PHOTOS with no image manipulation whatsoever!!!)

There ye go!

G

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Gordi, looks like you had a wonderful trip to the flight museum. I would love to see the inside of the Concorde too. Saw a few at Charles de Gaule back when they were still flying. That was in the last month before they were all grounded.

Everyone, I've been a bit out of sorts recently due taking a sleep aid that has me so relaxed that I have to force myself to find the words to share with you. Must be the Valerian Root that is doing so. On the plus side, it has lowered my blood pressure, which is always a good thing.

This is going to be a busy (good, right?) week for me. I have an MRI of my ankle to have done, then a visit to the foot doctor to find out ( or make if needed) what he is going to do to help plus I have a visit to an organization that helps folks like me to get back on their feet (no connection to the ankle problem btw) with job training, housing, transportation and such. Send good thoughts and prayers that they will be of use to me.

Now back to your regular programming...

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Send good thoughts and prayers that they will be of use to me.

My prayers are with you Blue. May ALL things turn out well for you !

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye
Thank you Sheye, you are doing a good job as always!

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Send good thoughts and prayers that they will be of use to me.

I always have only good thoughts for you, mate. I'm not much good at prayers, but I'll light a stick of incense for you.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Gonna watch this today

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I want to live on this street!
edit on 17-7-2018 by Autorico because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
It's just a matter of when we can get in here, Night. Sometimes, that's all it is. At least, in my case.

I love coming in here and just chatting to folks and reading the posts. But lately, things have been pretty tough. My wife Dada's condition has deteriorated a lot in just the past several weeks; she now has trouble understanding even simple sentences. This is because her aphasia is now so bad that (for example) if I ask her if she'd like a coffee, or if she'd like to go out for a walk, sometimes her mind cannot comprehend what I've said, because her brain cannot process the words. So her response (if any) will bear no relation to what I'd said.

Meanwhile, I've been pushing ahead with repairs to our house. I installed some more plumbing, so we now have a new washing machine with its own water supply and drainage -- which is great as it saves a lot of time -- and have arranged with an electrician to rewire the whole place. Our wiring is decades old, dating from when people had very few appliances in their homes. So, for some days now, our electrician and his helper have been jackhammering/cutting our walls to prepare the way for brand new cabling throughout.

The brick dust gets in everywhere, so I have to clean intensively. But it'll be worth it, as within a month we'll even have an electric boiler wired in and be able to take hot showers for the first time. I mean, for the first time in this house!
I've already bought the "shower box" and a big, three-phase electric boiler, but nothing can be woired or plumbed in until the basic "dirty" work is done.

However, once it's all ready, Dada can have nice hot showers in our own home, instead of me needing to take her to a neighbour's place for that.

My goal is to have her living in our own home for as long as possible, so having shower facilities and lots of hot water, and a good washing machine, will help to achieve that.

Meanwhile, I have carers coming in three times a week for two hrs a time, just so I can have a little respite. But once the local social security approves our application for support, I'll up that to maybe 5 times a week.

Anyway, that's the potted history of the last several weeks. How are you doing?

edit on 17/7/18 by JustMike because: I fixed a typo.

top topics

<< 159  160  161    163  164  165 >>

join