It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 161
<< 158  159  160    162  163  164 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I wouldn't believe it either. We haven't even gotten to August yet. There will be plenty of heat and humidity to come yet.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

I've never seen those signs, but I haven't eaten at a McDonalds in many years.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

It was San Francisco and Vegas predominantly.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Bring it on, bring enough and make it cold. It is so hot and humid here it is too hot to do any thing.
Hugs dear, hope you handle the days you must wait till your funds go through.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Gotcha!

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

I wouldn't believe it either. We haven't even gotten to August yet. There will be plenty of heat and humidity to come yet.

While I agree, I have to ask -- are you trying to make me cry?

Even the kids have had enough of summer, the younger one stood out in the back yard and yelled at the sky, "That's IT. I'm done with summer, start snowing!" This is from the kid who's usually "done" with winter in January XD

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Hello Wister! It's been too hot to sit outside and read. Just home chillin'.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

God no! I wouldn't want to make anyone cry, unless they are happy tears. I find the heat and humidity to be like torture as I have mentioned many times. I'm still enjoying the flowers and greenery and singing birds though. I'm not ready for a long dreary winter. Autumn is my favorite season.

edit on 15-7-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

God no! I wouldn't want to make anyone cry, unless they are happy tears. I find the heat and humidity to be like torture as I have mentioned many times. I'm still enjoying the flowers and greenery and singing birds though. I'm not ready for a long dreary winter. Autumn is my favorite season.

LOL, I wasn't being accusatory, I was trying to be tongue-in-cheek. I'm sorry if it came off wrong

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Cool! With people, I hate to assume anything. I get into trouble doing that. LOL

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Good morning

I just had my first mug of coffee, and news headlines are all about yesterday's football game or then Trump/Putin meeting in Helsinki. I had to run, escape, right here to the shed.

From a Finnish viewpoint, it has been very hot lately, and it will continue for some time. Today's highest temperature will be 33 c or 91 f. I have seen (American?) members post around ATS about way over 100 fahrenheit weathers, i can't understand how they can survive that. And even post
My brains think very differently in the summer and in the winter. In the winter i mostly feel sharp, energetic and physically good when i am outside walking. In the summer, everything kind of "slows down" It is like something is jamming the thoughts. And i just try to make it from point A to point B, i don't enjoy it like in the winter.

But no worries, i just need to remember to drink water too and then i will see the end of this heat wave at some point and THINK again.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Hello Hun! Yes, stay hydrated. When we were in that severe heat and my AC had broken I went from an Angel to the spawn of the devil himself in no time flat. LOL

Just home with the new AC and chillin'.

Have a beautiful day!

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
It is disheartening to see that no one has posted since I was last here. At one time the Shed was thriving with interactions and stories.

I can only hope that everyone is ok. I love you guys so much and miss when people aren't around. Do I have to dance on a table top? Maybe throw more donuts out leading a trail for the lurkers to come back inside? What? What is a poor Elf to do when her Kingdom of Accasia is emptying out?

Get your butts back in here! Er...please?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Well, I'm just back home...
I got whisked away on an unplanned adventure to the mysterious East.... of Scotland!
We visited the Museum of Flight at East Fortune with our boys...
Yes, the first aeroplane that Dougie has ever been on was... CONCORDE!! He was thrilled to bits.
We saw a Spitfire and a Tornado, A Jaguar and a Comet... (all planes!!) and loads more, before winding our way along the coast to where my first (and current) wife was born... and her mum's old house... and her aunt's old house... and her gran's old house and... and...
Then we booked into our hotel in Edinburgh and ventured out to find a place to dine.
We walked past loads of places... Indian, Chinese, Turkish, Thai, Bangladeshi, pubs... chicken joints... and finally... found a lovely wee Italian place which did the best pizzas ever, had Moretti beer (nom nom) free Garlic Foccachia and olives (meh!) and a superstar of a host called Stefano.
Long story short... BRILLIANT MEAL, clean plates, complimentary glass of chilled Rose Port (which I'd never heard of before) and a short walk back to the hotel. Sorted.
Today we went into Edinburgh city and re-visited Camera Obscura (One of the best visitor attractions in Edinburgh) before going to the home of Scottish Rugby (Murrayfield) to buy Dougie a New Scotland Rugby Top!

Weather was fab. Everyone had a great time. All home safe and sound and will definitely sleep tonight!

G

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I hate the heat/summer, it makes my stomach sick and then everything goes through me. Doesn't help that I wear long sleeves and jeans during the summer as my way of saying screw you to the sun.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Great to see you Cutie! I love hearing about your adventures! Lots of quality family time and fun had by all.
Wonderful. No pics?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Long sleeves and jeans in the heat? Oh hell no! Just no! I would die for sure! LOL

It's hot again today, but I have to go check on my herbs on the porch and water them later.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Me too. All my body is covered at all times regardless of the temperature. And I'm still wearing my winter hat but I have seen others wearing them too so I guess I don't look quite as crazy as I thought I did. Don't get me wrong, I like that the sun is there, warming the planet, giving us life, etc, but I hate being in it. The sun is not my idea of fun. Still, winter is coming....

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Hope you guys are taking vitamin D.

Hello Light! How is your day going? Watching or listening to anything good?

Little Miss procrastinator here did a batch of laundry again, towels and things this time. All dried and folded and put away. Sorted through paperwork and receipts and things I don't need. I know so very exciting eh?

Had lunch...chicken salad with dried cranberries and walnuts. I added olives and had grape tomatoes and sliced cucumbers on the side. I don't even care for cucumbers much. LOL

My table will be colorful as I have to put meds in a weekly pill container thingy.

Aside from that, just poking around ATS. I'll be going to facebook which many people hate, but I have met amazing people and love the pics and memes from groups I belong to etc. Ok, I'll shut up now.

top topics

<< 158  159  160    162  163  164 >>

join