It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 128
<< 125  126  127    129  130  131 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: Sheye

I'm not being sarcastic.

Iā€™m sorry you had a bad experience NB. Sometimes parents can be very disappointing šŸ˜•.

Can't disappoint when you're not there. As I said, who needs em. Apparently I didn't.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
If you are in need of a father I'll happily send you mine as long as you pay the shipping and handling fees and promise not to send him back.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I feel blessed to have had an amazing Father. For those of you who aren't, I'm sorry. I realize there are many who haven't had the same experiences as I have.

Going out on the porch for a bit. It might be too hot. I'll see when I get out there.

Love and hugs to all!

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Night, using my AOL voice I'm saying "you got mail"

edit on 6 17 2018 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

HA! Love that image, it's perfect! Damned envelope for PMs still isn't working in here. I replied Hun.

Had a lovely time on my porch reading for a while, then my neighbor came out and we chatted for some time. Had a nice cooling bath and feel better now...sort of. Doctors tomorrow. Anyone want to take my place? My anxiety is rising just thinking about it.

Perhaps going off to watch a movie might help get my mind off of it.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

You got a solid wince out of me there, I can't even imagine putting up with something that painful for so long!

The toe is healing, another month or two and the nail should clear the edge of the nail bed. I just have to keep people (and animals) from stepping on it until then

The rabbit put up with 2 days of force feedings before he started eating ALL of his food again (hay, veggies, pellets) The last time I went in to get things ready to feed him the liquid stuff, I stopped at the hutch to pet him and said, "Ready for some more grub, buddy?" He went straight to his hay feeder and munched and munched and bounced between that, his leafy greens and his pellets. He kept looking at me to make sure I was watching, as if to say, "I'm eating my grub, I'm eating it! SEE, SEE?" Try and tell me animals can't understand languages XD

His digestion is back to normal, the first overnight after he ate well-rounded looked like a rabbit poo peashooter exploded in there. He's still got a check-up at the buttcrack of dawn tomorrow, though (vet knows my hubs works 12 hr overnights and is squeezing us in before they technically open so as to not cost him too much sleep)

And it's damn hot again. I think it was another 96* day, yuck. I threw the kids in the pool, and they've been in it most of the day except for sunscreen reapplications and food/drinks. I tried getting in there, but it was actually a touch too cold to tolerate. I get that 60's is NBD to anyone up here in MI, and for me, it usually isn't either (Gulf of Mexico in FL in winter is the same, so not a foreign temp for me) But for some reason, it felt bitterly cold and very unpleasant compared to the air temp.

The cat and I have just been going room to room trying to find the coolest spot to veg in. I got plenty needing done in the basement, and it's certainly cooler down there, but the humidity is a little ridiculous again. Maybe here in a few hours, it seems to do the opposite down there at night and drop in humidity as opposed to rise.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Good morfternoon, Shed - anyone around?

Happy Monday to all!

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Nyiha, getting hot around here too and humid. Glad to hear your rabbit is doing well!

Hello Sir Shep! How are you? I'll be around for a while yet. How was your Father's Day?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hello Night Star -

Father's Day was good. A bit of running around but good food and we got to see some family. We will actually continue the celebration next week with my side of the family getting together for a meal.

Have to head to the doctor today for a physical. Haven't had one for a while so this ought to be interesting. I'm sure I'm going to hear about losing some weight and getting my blood pressure lower. Ugh. Hopefully I'll get a referral to podiatry to figure out why my calves cramp so horribly every time I attempt to run regularly for more than a few weeks. I have the clothes/equipment to run year-round, even in Minnesota winters; by contrast, I'd have to get a new bike to cycle through the winter, and I'm the only person in Minnesota who doesn't own his own ice skates. If I could just get past the cramping to run regularly I'm sure I could get rid of the extra weight in no time.

Anyway, enough of my ridiculous woes. How are you?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
... then my neighbor came out and we chatted for some time. Had a nice cooling bath and feel better now...

A bath with the neighbour you say...?

S'ok, I won't tell.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Ha! We both have Doctors appointments today. I'm not looking forward to mine either, believe me!!!! Good luck Hun!

Wow, nice that you will have a second Father's Day celebration.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Bahahaha! Nooooooo! You know, I was going to reword that in case you were around, but I was too lazy and I figured you'd make me laugh anyway. LOL

Where the heck have you been anyway? Hanging out with the mermaids again?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Oh...LOVE your latest avatar!!!!!!

I should be leaving in about a half an hour. Have a lovely day/night!

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you!

I've been around... just haven't had much to say!

Good Luck with today.

Gx

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Thanks Gordi! Leaving now.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

And there was me hoping to hear stories of you being laden with gifts of whisky, a month of free car-washes by your doting sons, and socks. Dads always need more socks. Ah well, there's always next year. (Or was it not Fathers Day in Scotland yesterday? Some countries do it at different times.)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Nyiha, getting hot around here too and humid. Glad to hear your rabbit is doing well!

Clean bill of health for him this morning, plus a no-cost tooth trimming (a few days of not eating/chewing and you see just how fast their incisors grow) We'd fully expected to pay for it, but it was a nice surprised when he waived the fee

It was funny getting him into the carrier to go. Now when hubby goes near him for any reason, he assumes a force-feed is near and thumps like crazy XD Poor guy, both of them XD

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Well, it WAS Fathers Day here too!
But... I had to "Dad-Taxi" my youngest son to Rugby Training in the morning and look after my eldest son because my first and current wife had to work!

They did buy me some chocolate...

We actually spent the afternoon (after rugby training and me making lunch...) taking a trip to a nice place (by a steam) near the "highest village in Scotland". It's one of the places where I like to wild camp from time to time, and the boys got to paddle in the clear (but cold) water before chucking a rugby ball about and then playing football (soccer) with me and some sheep!

Quick snack back at the camper van... and the sheep tried to join in!!!

After returning home, I was treated to a meal out at our local pub/restaurant and it was fabby!!

So, no whisky, car washes or socks! But not a bad day really!

G

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

The toe is healing, another month or two and the nail should clear the edge of the nail bed.

His digestion is back to normal, the first overnight after he ate well-rounded looked like a rabbit poo peashooter exploded in there.

And it's damn hot again. I think it was another 96* day, yuck.

The cat and I have just been going room to room trying to find the coolest spot to veg in.

Yep, I told myself that with an ingrown toenail for the first two years too.
"It will get better, it will get better, there's no place like home...." It did. Well, less painful anyway.

Hopefully the rabbits digestion system calms down. As long as most of the poop remains in the cage.

As for 96 degrees, that sounds like torture. I wish you luck with that.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Chocolate is good! It doesn't grow in Scotland.

Do you not get a fine for "wild camping" in Scotland? You do here in Holland and theres a lot less mountains to hide in with your bright blue plastic tent.

I am scared of sheep. They are crazy. When they have horns, I find them scarier. If you look into their eyes all you see is insanity. They don't taste nice either, imho.

top topics

<< 125  126  127    129  130  131 >>

join