It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 125
<< 122  123  124    126  127  128 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I'm still around. Since it's Friday perhaps everyone is busy at work/getting paid/plans for the evening or just not here for the time being.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy
a reply to: Night Star

Well i am fine, and i hope others are too. I slept a lot again.

How did your lunch and grocery shopping go

I try to go grocery shopping with the right amount of hunger. Too hungry, then i buy too much, too expensive. If i have just eaten, i buy next to nothing

Good to see you Fin! I have days where I sleep a lot too. Lunch was very good and grocery shopping was fine. I went to another store too where I got a small table to put on the porch. Now I can do craft projects out there and have a place to put coffee or water or whatever. I also got a spearmint plant and a lemon thyme which tastes yummy and looks nice out there with my basil and other plants.

We laughed a lot today and had fun. When I got home, my neighbor who I share the porch with, was coming home from work so she helped me carry some bags and we sat outside on the porch for quite some time chatting. A lovely day.

edit on 15-6-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Cool pic Blue! Nice to see you here as well! I hope it's nothing and people are just busy or doing happy things. There was a time when I would be pages behind because there were so many people posting and having fun or chatting about whatever. I guess I get nervous when I see things this slow. It's like the Shed is dying or something, or...people are struggling with something in their lives and don't feel like posting.

Maybe I just like to worry. LOL! NOT!

Ok, I shall breath a little easier now. Very tired and a bit sore. I might go watch a movie in the other room, but I'll be back.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I was expecting a standard disaster film aka Irwin Allen style. What I got was a harrowing tale of a family losing each other in ways that they never expected. This is based on the true story of the Belon family's Christmas vacation to Thailand in which they were swept away by the 2004 tsunami that resulted in the loss of about 230,000 people.

Excellent acting by Naomi Watts. The special effects were so good it made you feel like this was the real event. BTW, the movie was filmed at the resort that the family had stayed at and the hospital they went to afterward.

Maria Belon, the real mother, was so moved by the event and what they went through that she works to advocate for those who suffer from the effects of tsunamis.

The tsunami was an incredible gift. I embrace life. My whole life is extra time. There is no difference between me—a Spanish woman named María who is alive—and thousands of moms who are under the sea. I do not deserve to be alive, but life is not fair. I feel pain and compassion for so many others who didn't come back up or lost the ones they love. My whole story is on my body. And it is wonderful because it means I am alive.

The following I take to heart after losing my wife...

"It wasn't your fault you died nor my fault I survived, it was fate. But fate has a sharp edge, it leaves wounds and buries scars. Fate isn't always fair and that hurts. The pain is pain, but not guilt....That pain is like an invisible stone in my shoe, making it impossible to forget with every step, I'll never get rid of it. The best I can do is to adapt to its presence." - Maria Belón

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife
Looks like a great movie Blue. I really want to see it..thanks for posting.

That must have been quite the horrendous disaster to experience.. I can’t even imagine having to live through something like that.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

With as much attention to detail as they could do in making this movie it is so real that it's unreal.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife

I'm still around. Since it's Friday perhaps everyone is busy at work/getting paid/plans for the evening or just not here for the time being.

Just got home after another long day.

I don't think we've officially met, but I enjoy your posts elsewhere on the forum

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Hello Narco, welcome home. I've enjoyed reading what you have shared as well. Enjoy the evening.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife

Hello Narco, welcome home. I've enjoyed reading what you have shared as well. Enjoy the evening.

I'm not as bad as I seem.

Sometimes I have to wear the devil's mask to stir up debate and conversation.

It's not easy being green, but someone gotta be a villain.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Blue, either I saw that movie or one similar. It looked familiar. I couldn't find a free version on youtube to watch so I can't say for sure. Looks like a great movie!

Hi Sheye!

Hi NB! I love that song and have posted it myself in here before!

Got up just a little while ago. I'd like to sit out for a while. Supposed to be hot so I doubt I'll be out for long.

Happy Weekend everyone!

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I hear ya!

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Haha! Hiya Light! How are you today?

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I'm feeling kinda blue...

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

I'm feeling kinda blue...

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Happy weekend Sheddites !

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

To a casual observer it may appear as if we are trying to out-do each other with our Muppet mating serenades.

I'll raise you a theme tune in order to attract more females looking to spawn!

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

To a casual observer it may appear as if we are trying to out-do each other with our Muppet mating serenades.

Oh is that what I was doing?

Well imagine my embarrassment!

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

We're all friends here. It's the one place we get to let our hair down, regardless of length, colour or religious significance and let things go. Sometimes.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Let our hair down huh?

Don't mind if I do!

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Hello all you wonderful people of the Shed! Busy doing things around the house. Had to turn on the AC. Too hot today!

Light, how can you see with your hair in your face?

Keep having fun. I'll be back sooner or later. Happy Saturday!

top topics

<< 122  123  124    126  127  128 >>

join