It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liz Peek: Trump gains ground, much to liberals’ horror

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

In 2010, as President Obama’s popularity spiraled downward, Jeff Greenfield wrote for CBS News that “historically, no president in modern times has significantly improved his approval numbers in his second year.” Don’t look now, but some polls show President Trump is doing just that.

In the second year of his presidency, President Trump’s approval ratings are climbing, to the utter horror of liberals, who cannot for the life of them understand why.

Some 51 percent of the country now supports the president, according to the Rasmussen poll – up from 42 percent a year ago.

President Obama, at the same date, had 47 percent of the country behind him, down from 57 percent the year earlier.

Seems the Fake news had all kinds of excuses for Obama's slide in approval ratings as he got into his second year in office. Little did they know at the time that their fake news would turn out to put a major smile on their favorite man to love to hate.

Trump is defying all their smears, but he isn't doing it alone, the people are the ones raising his approval ratings by agreeing more with Trump than the Fake News.

America loves an underdog, especially one punching the bully in the face daily.

Some more Rassmussen goodness,

A new Rasmussen poll finds that 52 percent of likely U.S. voters believe “when most reporters write or talk about the president, they are trying to block him from passing his agenda,” up from 44 percent a year ago and 47 percent in August.

The Dems are clinging to a major losing platform on immigration,

A Harvard Harris poll conducted earlier this year found that 79 percent of Americans favor a secure border, and nearly 70 percent oppose the diversity lottery system now in place. Almost 80 percent prefer merit-based immigration to a policy that prioritizes family ties.

The only way they can push these unpopular policies is to Fake News them as if they are the gold standard onto the very public that hates the policies.

If it wasn't for Trump we would be fed all the disgusting slop they are pushing. Instead the people prefer Trump Steaks, not because they are so tasty, but because they are not from the gross menu the Dems try forcing onto everyone with angry lunch ladies with greasy hair and cigarette butts falling in the food.

Source

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Oh, so polls are only valid if they are positive?

That's not at all hypocritical!

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I think that was right around the time the the MSM + DNC bare knuckle gate crashed the center stage with their Identity Politics, for all to see, with all that "if you're against Obama's policies you're a racist" BS.

I know that was the last straw for me and the Two Party + MSM System, when I finally noticed it one night, so bad I completely tuned out of all of their noise until 2016.

Youtube: |obamacare racist|

About 94,300 results

edit on 6-4-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Oh, so polls are only valid if they are positive?

That's not at all hypocritical!

Or you could take a look at the methodology. If anyone did that no one would ever cite a CNN poll.
"We polled 90% registered dems, 8% republicans, and 2% independents and asked how much you hate Trump.... a lot, very much, or mostly... margin of error 10%" lol. I'm exaggerating, just a little.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Fake newz.

President Obama, at the same date, had 47 percent of the country behind him, down from 57 percent the year earlier.

Obama is beating Trump who is stuck at around 40%
projects.fivethirtyeight.com...

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Fake newz.

Figures don't lie...but liars can figure.

I think the element missing here is that prior to Trump winning the election, the same pollsters showed him losing heavily.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Did we really need another thread on this Rasmussen poll? They're the only poll that has him anywhere near that level. Every other one has him floundering around 40%, which is about eight points behind Obama at this point. Hell, the article you cited in your OP isn't even up to date. Today Rasmussen has Trump at 47% while Obama was at 48%. They even stated that yesterday's results were an anomaly.

So I fail to see what you and other Trump supporters are getting so excited about.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Oh hey. It's another thread celebrating the one outlier poll from Rasmussen while every other poll in the country still has Trump as a flat 40% approval rating.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Fake newz.

I think the element missing here is that prior to Trump winning the election, the same pollsters showed him losing heavily.

This is fake news. The polls were in line with having Hillary winning by 2-3%. She got 3 million more votes than Trump which aligns with that prediction. Reminder: Polls don't measure the electoral votes. They measure the popular vote.
edit on 6-4-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Didn't Trump himself say polls are bullsh!t?

Y yes he did....

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Obama had the backing of MSM and the globalists, while Trump has neither. That’s the difference I see and would make sense why his support isn’t more widespread. Everyday I see Trump going against the grain to help further the America First agenda and that’s all that matters to me. Polls...meh we already saw what happens when you put to much faith in polls used to drive the narrative in this country.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

They also showed a No vote in the Brexit referendum but if the OP is based on Rasmussen's poll then other polls also need to be considered.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

They also showed a No vote in the Brexit referendum but if the OP is based on Rasmussen's poll then other polls also need to be considered.

In the context of what I am alleging, that the "system" is working against Trump, the validity of the polling in other areas is irrelevant.

To me, an independant who didn't particularly want Trump to win (but wasn't averse to it either), it 100% looks like the media is colluding with government agents to smear and derail Trump in every single possible way. Polls are just one avenue of such, presenting an appearance of Mob Appeal for psychological impact.

A quick rundown of common propaganda tactics:

it.toolbox.com...

Not exhaustive by any means, though.

Summarizing the above:

The rule of simplification: reducing all data to a simple confrontation between 'Good and Bad', 'Friend and Foe'.
The rule of disfiguration: discrediting the opposition by crude smears and parodies.
The rule of transfusion: manipulating the consensus values of the target audience for one's own ends.
The rule of unanimity: presenting one's viewpoint as if it were the unanimous opinion of all right-thinking people: draining the doubting individual into agreement by the appeal of star-performers, by social pressure, and by 'psychological contagion'.
The rule of orchestration: endlessly repeating the same messages in different variations and combinations.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Fake newz.

This is fake news. The polls were in line with having Hillary winning by 2-3%. She got 3 million more votes than Trump which aligns with that prediction. Reminder: Polls don't measure the electoral votes. They measure the popular vote.

TO discuss this in any meaningful way, you need to provide some backup to the assertions. Otherwise, i just take your word for it, and have no points from which to argue.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Fake newz.

Like all the states that were polled so much in Clinton's favor she didn't even visit because she thought it was locked in Democrat. Yea we know the story. I've never been polled in my life during an election cycle. I really think they're useless and predict nothing with any sort of accuracy

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Did we really need another thread on this Rasmussen poll? They're the only poll that has him anywhere near that level. Every other one has him floundering around 40%, which is about eight points behind Obama at this point. Hell, the article you cited in your OP isn't even up to date. Today Rasmussen has Trump at 47% while Obama was at 48%. They even stated that yesterday's results were an anomaly.

So I fail to see what you and other Trump supporters are getting so excited about.

It's called *manufactured information*.

Or maybe there is some other zingy phrase to sum it up....

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

A quick rundown of common propaganda tactics: it.toolbox.com...

That looks like exactly the tools Trump is using. Doesn't it?

The rule of simplification: reducing all data to a simple confrontation between 'Good and Bad', 'Friend and Foe'. The rule of disfiguration: discrediting the opposition by crude smears and parodies. The rule of transfusion: manipulating the consensus values of the target audience for one's own ends. The rule of unanimity: presenting one's viewpoint as if it were the unanimous opinion of all right-thinking people: draining the doubting individual into agreement by the appeal of star-performers, by social pressure, and by 'psychological contagion'. The rule of orchestration: endlessly repeating the same messages in different variations and combinations.

edit on 6-4-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

A quick rundown of common propaganda tactics: it.toolbox.com...

That looks like exactly the tools Trump is using.

The rule of simplification: reducing all data to a simple confrontation between 'Good and Bad', 'Friend and Foe'. The rule of disfiguration: discrediting the opposition by crude smears and parodies. The rule of transfusion: manipulating the consensus values of the target audience for one's own ends. The rule of unanimity: presenting one's viewpoint as if it were the unanimous opinion of all right-thinking people: draining the doubting individual into agreement by the appeal of star-performers, by social pressure, and by 'psychological contagion'. The rule of orchestration: endlessly repeating the same messages in different variations and combinations.

No doubt. Its the common ploy used by all POTUS, I believe.

Its not a common ploy to be used by the entirety of the government and media AGAINST a POTUS, however.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Fake newz.

Polls are only as good as their sampling and methodology. A lot of the other polls were shown to have biased sampling which is why they were so wildly wrong on election night...

If 5 polls have poor sampling / methodology, it doesn't mean the one outlier isn't correct.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join