It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Gov agency tells staff they can't use words father or mother

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Yes, dear, I realize that, but usually they are concerned with who is currently responsible for the child - and in the case of adoptions and children born through donated sperm cells, the biological parents may not even be known. Oh, my God, I just said parents. There’s the world ending again...

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
The fact is, this is not a huge deal. I believe the article said that if someone wants to be referred to as Mrs. or whatever, they will accommodate. Why is that such a horrible thing?

In your own words:

I know I have more important things to be concerned about... like war, or health care, or education, or the economy... so, you’ll have to excuse me if I don’t spend any time worrying about government forms using the word “parent”.

The government should be focusing on REAL issues, not this ridiculous crap.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

I think the article also says you can be referred as however you want to be referred to - they will accommodate.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Yup. Heard this on the news last night. Stupidest thing ever. I lost brain cells trying to wrap my mind around this. What the hell is Mister Trudeau thinking?

I just think Trudeau doesn't have enough to do!!

You need to start a rebellion or something.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

What percent of the population would you say fall under the 'adoption' type category?

Everyone, when you see these stories, dont forget that trans people account for less than one percent of the Homo sapiens population.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I wonder how much time they’ve spent on it? I’ll bet we’ve spent more time talking about it on this thread.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

I’m in the U.S. and I have filled out various paperwork, some government-related, some not - that has asked for first parent information and second parent information.

Funny enough, I didn’t lose my mind, or have nightmares for months afterwards, or lose my identity as my child’s parent.

If you are a same-sex couple, mother/father doesn’t work. But parent always works.

They don't just pop out of thin air. Yet.

They're working on it. Gotta make sure we use the right terms first. These thin air abomination babies can't go around hearing words like mother, father, birth, etc.

edit on 23-3-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
It's not any consolation I admit, but after they chew up society these types always turn and devour each other.

Remember how BLM held up the LBGTQ parade?

Anybody else feel like they went to sleep one night and woke up in Bizarro World?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: Bluntone22

Agreed, to me 'Mother' is one of the most beautiful words in the English language.

Mother Earth won't exist anymore ..it is just Planet Earth now

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Everyone, when you see these stories, dont forget that trans people account for less than one percent of the Homo sapiens population.

Hard to believe when you get to see how much time is spent trying to accomodate

their various foibles, and how easily they seem to get offended.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

a reply to: intrepid

I wonder how much time they’ve spent on it? I’ll bet we’ve spent more time talking about it on this thread.

That's the problem. There apparently isn't much thinking in the Fascist rush to institute Wrong-Think.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

Anybody else feel like they went to sleep one night and woke up in Bizarro World?

Yep. The day after the last U.S. presidential election.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: Bluntone22

Agreed, to me 'Mother' is one of the most beautiful words in the English language.

Mother Earth won't exist anymore ..it is just Planet Earth now

Dammit! Hear ya go stirring up another activist movement!!

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
In further news the Trudeau gov't bans the Xmen because "mutant" is offensive.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Huh??????????. I suppose I am no longer a grandpa or Dad up there. Have the people running their government gone Hulu?

I'm wondering if the people running societies in Canada and the USA are actually sane anymore. No wonder they banned homosexuality in Christianity, it leads to some pretty strange rules being made after a while. I bet the people in other parts of the world are chuckling about what kind of stupid rules our governments make nowadays regarding to this subject.

A dad is needed to make a baby, two gay girls cannot make a baby, they can bring it up though. Two gay guys cannot make a baby, they can bring it up though. A mother is the donator of the egg, the father is the donator of the sperm. I suppose shortly they will figure a way to get rid of that need.

What is wrong with a kid saying he has two mothers taking care of him instead of a mom and dad? Gender identy crap has gotten all messed up. I have nothing against gay people, they are living their lives like they want to. I think the government there may be purposely starting trouble between the gays and straights with this kind of rule, forcing people to take a side in the matter. Who cares if a guy likes other guys that are gay, who cares if two girls go out with each other. I can't see why anyone would want to complicate this, I think keeping things simple is better.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I'd be disappointed if I didn't see a dig at Trump or Hillary in every single ATS thread

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Hey, I was confused when we had to choose from Hillary and Trump? How the hell did either of them get to be presidential candidates? Isn't there an honest, straightshooting person in the USA that can be on the Democrat and Republican Ticket for president?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Sperm donor: Jack Jones Egg donor: Jill Jones

No man, those are gender specific, too.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Can we just start slapping stupid people?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
In further news the Trudeau gov't bans the Xmen because "mutant" is offensive.

The article says you can refer to people as Sir or Madam if their preference is known. Just make sure you ask Wolverine which gender he identifies as before the *snikt*

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join