It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Gov agency tells staff they can't use words father or mother

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: kaylaluv

You still here? Shouldnt you be off stopping a war or something you are worried about?

To be fair, I referred directly to the honourable member in my post above, so nipping away for a minute from campaigning against wars n stuff is understandable

EDIT
Got a star from me as well for getting into the lighter mood of our interaction with a tongue out laughing emoticon

We're all just people with opinions, and I bet face to face over a pint and a game of pool we'd all play nicer than we do behind screens. Text only communication is different, no tone of voice, body language and all the rest of it, that's why the tongue out smiley from the member made me smile.
edit on 23-3-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Canada has a feminist international assistance policy, a feminist prime minister and party, whom created a gender-equal cabinet. This is the road we've been heading down for quite some time now.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I see a future where smiling employees will start interactions with "Hi, my name's X, how would you like me to address you while we talk today?" Some corporate # like that at least.

EDIT
I hope it doesn't happen in the UK because after a hard days work it is such a smile producer when people serving me say "Have a nice evening love" or similar. Probably be deemed a crime in Canada lol, one person who serves me at a supermarket always says "Hiya Bab" and "Have a good one Bab", the person has an appearence of CIS female but of course assuming that is wrong, but from from west midland England and Bab is the same as babe down here in the south west.
The person should be locked up for speaking inappropriately!!!

...has this post been politically correct enough Kaylaluv? I didn't use any gender pro-nouns

edit on 23-3-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Too thick to understand that "father" and "mother" are part of the key identity of the vast majority.

If majority rule is good for South Africa, majority rule is good also for Canada, or anywhere else.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

So your input in this conversation is completely irrelevant and pointless. Thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

You're a prickly one aren't you, I was only curious, I didn't particularly care, just wondered if mother and father is so offensive these days to transgender people.

It is offensive because you are supposedly imposing gender on another person who may or may not welcome that imposition.

It is the stupidest thing ever.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

This is delving right into the realm of absurdity.

Thats what happens when you celebrate the extremes of any ideology and promote its dominance I guess.

I would hate to be a Canadian biology teacher.

edit on 3 23 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Child name: Johnny Jones
Sperm donor: Jack Jones
Egg donor: Jill Jones

Totally unacceptable.

First of all, the names "Johnny" & "Jack" those are male names.

Then sperm implies not only MALE sex junk stuff, but that males are required to procreate.

"Jones" points out how the women adopt the mans last names at marriage, thus rubbing the Patriarchy in everyones face.

Dont be such a jerk!

Could be brother and sister.

Is incest protected yet?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Who knows, who cares. Some kids call their parents by their first name. My daughter did that for a while when she was 3 or so. I thought it was cute, certainly didn’t bother me - as long as she knew I was the boss.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
this stuff happening is to dumb, pinch me I need to wake up from this comedy show (maybe horror?)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Obviously, the U.S.A. needs to build a wall on our northern border also. We need to keep that European progressive "educated" thinking off our soil... It's getting stupid, and stupid fast!

What kind of a she-man has contempt for the title "mother"? I don't know.

But they sound "progressive" and "educated". Not sure from wear. Oh, that's right! Two mommies or two daddies,.. I remember now.
F'n idiots.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Maybe us "free" U.S. and "free" Canadians can link up one day and form an American nation? And be rid of this "progressive" stupidity?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I think people these days are denying their true nature and re-defining themselves to be whatever they want.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I really considered replying to some of you on this thread.
I decided to be a good GIRL and behave myself.I can't go
around calling people by inappropriate pronouns by mistake.
I will either have to shut my mouth or start looking in a dictionary
for gender-neutral words.I think someone would be offended if
I said things like you or it since I can't say he,she,man,woman...

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz
I don't see what is wrong with this. It is perfectly fine for Canadians to not use the words mother or father. Canadians are already weird so this would be no different then anything else they do.

Just you know as long as they keep it there. It would be quite weird if this spreads to other countries, and quite funny. Hey maybe we can go the way they do for dogs, you know, Sire and Dam. Instead of father and mother. It could be like, bobs Sire was Steve, and his Dam was grace. At one point in time that to was the norm and acceptable, pretty sure more then a few on this site would remember there great grandfather referring to his father as his sire.

The world is getting wackier every day, it is a good thing, we need more comedy amongst all this hoopla and doom and gloom.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Ha! Seen that vid before. Got to agree with the people in the comments section. That kid is going to make a great lawyer or politician one day. Never seen a kid try to bull# and talk his way into a few more cupcakes for lunch.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I'm a father, a man and straight. I expect to be referred to as such.

I find it intolerant to not respect my wish to be called by my proper pronouns.

Sorry PC folks. you cannot have it one way. I have rights and feelings too.
Intolerance bigotry and racism have no boundaries.

Being trans, gay, female, or "insert race, religion, political leaning, gender, etc. here" does not make you automatically a good person.

God a very small portion of humans are really beginning to piss me off.
Whatever happened to common sense and majority rule?

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Then why are they worrying about it?????????

Don’t know, don’t care. Doesn’t affect me in my life one tiny bit.

Hence the Screwed up world. Doesnt effect me so I dont care...
Hopefully something will come along and screw with your head/beliefs so you can jump up and down and nobody else cares

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
Obviously, the U.S.A. needs to build a wall on our northern border also. We need to keep that European progressive "educated" thinking off our soil... It's getting stupid, and stupid fast!

What kind of a she-man has contempt for the title "mother"? I don't know.

But they sound "progressive" and "educated". Not sure from wear. Oh, that's right! Two mommies or two daddies,.. I remember now.
F'n idiots.

We can change our names to Chandler Bing.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo
I'm a father, a man and straight. I expect to be referred to as such.

And according to the Canadian government, you will be referred to as such, if that is how you want it. Don’t believe the fake news posted in the OP.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join