It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Gov agency tells staff they can't use words father or mother

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
This is really getting ridiculous now and no doubt will spread to the UK.

By the time these people stop being offended by the simple things, we'll have nothing left to say.

Put quite simply: We won't be able to say anything.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Who knows, who cares. Some kids call their parents by their first name. My daughter did that for a while when she was 3 or so. I thought it was cute, certainly didn’t bother me - as long as she knew I was the boss.

The gender specific names used to address our beloved mothers, fathers and grandparents are traditional and will continue to be used regardless of government's efforts to create a gender neutral environment. There is an emotional tie to the name/title "mother" and "father" and it's very personal, albeit common in 99% of families. Can't wait to hear your reaction if/when your grandchild refers to you as "grandparent 1".

The fact you're seemingly not offended or couldn't care less with this topic issue causes me to wonder why you even bothered to respond?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Involutionist

Feel free to take the time and energy to go to Servicecanada.ca and search the topic deeper to get a more *realistic* and/or *objective* understanding of the issue since it concerned you so much to create a thread about it.

After all, to not do so will demonstrate wilful ignorance...

Why go to the source when you can be told how to think by a right leaning-publication?

Great post, by the way.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Show me where it says Canadian citizens aren’t allowed to refer to themselves any way they want.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

This is for sure social engineering. This is embarrassing seriously. I'm all for people doing what they want but this is denying biology and pandering to an extremely small portion of the population.

And it's only gonna get worse

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

a reply to: badw0lf

Yes, dear, I realize that, but usually they are concerned with who is currently responsible for the child - and in the case of adoptions and children born through donated sperm cells, the biological parents may not even be known. Oh, my God, I just said parents. There’s the world ending again...

Geez Kayla, do you realize how man offensive words you used in that paragraph?

Dear... it"s a word a mother uses when addressing a loved one
Child... that implies a person of less years on the planet is somehow inferior
Biological parent... you're offending all those people who can't conceive
God... holy crap, do I even have to spell it out? Not everyone worships a God you know

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Ha! Ha! Ha! That’s so funny! You should go professional. I bet you’d end up on Conan.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

edit on 23-3-2018 by kaylaluv because: Oops

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

edit on 23-3-2018 by kaylaluv because: It was funny enough to repeat three times!

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Sorry I am long winded and a poor writer. Also I am sorry I wrote this before reading from the source you provided.

I thought non genders were less then 1 percent of the population, why are they affecting us at almost 100 percent? I personally don't care what orientation an individual thinks they are, what gender they imagine they are, just keep it to yourself and leave the world alone. I will greet you as I pass you by, I will treat you as you are, my neighbor.

But man I am glad I am old, stop the world and let me off when the natural way of things becomes an apology.

Dear Aliens
If I could get a ticket to the past, please put me down for at least two seats; I think my wife wants to travel as well.
Please don't tell me I need a passport or shots. If special skills are required for this type of time immigration; I hold a life developed degree in prudent thinking and I reached a practical degree in moral understanding. If a ticket is not available, then please sneak me to another era via cargo; I am willing to try life as an illegal time immigrant.

In Government, in society we should build up the elements which help sustain a stable happy community. All the while understanding we cannot make everyone happy at the same time. It is almost always true, the least percentage of society will demand the majority of attention and resources. This does not mean the majority should be required to surrender themselves to the demanding minority; beyond the concepts of curbing inequality based on true racial or true gender deficiencies.
However reasonable standards for certain things in-order to establish effective safe outcomes for a particular objective are not in itself unfair or inequality.
Ignoring gender, removes mom and dad from our vocabulary, and I have a hard time trusting anyone who would do that. We should shout our support for a mom and a dad, instead of whisper our fears to offend. Like a perfect painting, a father and a mother with a child is a masterpiece; even if you don't believe in God it would be the masterpiece of nature, the pinnacle accomplishment of the universe. When a family becomes, the pencil meets the canvas, when a child makes it real, the paint gives life to the scene. As the family succeeds through joy and sorrow, the canvas is made full. The wonder, the beauty, the foundation of great works to come which add infinite value to the gallery of time.

Here's a hard fact, family is the true strength of society; The first family is my relationship with God, (Of course this is my choice). My second family is my relationship with my father and my mother from which I came, and my brothers and sisters to whom this life was shared. . My third which becomes my second priority after marriage, is with my wife, adding then my children as they came to be, then my grandchildren. Then my forth family is with my neighbors.
However, need, life, events can cause a momentary fluctuation in priorities; But family is the firmest building block for ourselves. The strength for a solid community of families, then for a city, county, state, country, world. Also, since life is not perfect, we support fractured families the best we can to give strength to them.

Meaning, we are weakening our support for the very thing we need to make stronger when we compromise our words and decisions.
I am not saying in anyway be unfair or cruel, I am saying lets take society back to the cornerstones which built what we have today instead of eroding them till we have nothing left we can recognize.

I know Canada has a different outlook on things then many Americans. I know it is popular to shed a dark light on the historical development and current mind set of the United States and it's position in the world. But like many of you, our real conflict is as it has always been rich against poor and the selfishness and agendas in those who rule. And I mean rule through the factors I will suggest. Wealthy people are not a bad thing, they employ us all and I am happy for those who built honestly the wealth and assets they have, I will never know their world.
However it is often, the few against the many, the privileged over the average. Of course this is the argument used to support Communism, but that ideal was just a ploy to create a society where a few tyrants rule over the larger populace. It works worse then Capitalism.

These individuals, (the selfish rich power mongers) have become expert in making the populace think the issues are race against race, men against women, nation against nation. They throw in support for gender confusion, religious conflict, economic fears of failure, and all the variations of each issue, injecting fear and conflict, so we submit..
Some say next it will be a false alien invasion . . . who knows. Our children are believing this stuff and they are acting out in a violent way.

The truth is the average person just wants to make ends meet, feed his or her family, take a vacation once in a while and have equal available advantages as presented by the technological progress in all areas of advancements of our era..
If we are left with second guessing ourselves on things which should be obvious and normal, we are truly slaves living out what life we have from birth to death.

My advice, I say don't backslide, don't surrender to definitions in order to show you are a good, fair person. Just be a good and fair person, its as easy as that. Everyone knows they had a Mother and a Father in order to be born, is that confusing? If someone takes offense where no offense was intended, they are their own type of fool or they have a designed agenda or both. If someone takes offense where offense was intended, then again they are yielding to foolishness, but at least that is a more natural response.

Oh about my ticket . .can I use a credit card?

.a reply to: trollz

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Do wtfevah you like Canada.

WHAT ME WORRY ABOUT CANADA?

LOL

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Is that not disccrimination against mothers and fathers?? Even if you are gay or trans or one of the other gender whatevers that people want to choose, you still are either a mum or a dad, even if it was not the gender you were born with. In the case of same sex marriages, you are dad and dad or mum and mum. I hate this 'parent' or 'guardian' BS. Wonder how long it will take for the Oxford / Cambridge dictionaries to delete the words mum & dad so future generations have no idea we ever existed.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphacenturi
a reply to: trollz

Yep I saw this on the news. Its been in the works awhile, its all the Canada Service Centers that are doing this. I think its one of the worst things our government has initiated.

Wow - really? The worst?

sheepish don't they have more important things to be concerned about.

I know I have more important things to be concerned about... like war, or health care, or education, or the economy... so, you’ll have to excuse me if I don’t spend any time worrying about government forms using the word “parent”.

I never said the worst i said one of the worst.

I never said sheepish, not sure why that changed.

Your a US citizen, you said so yourself, does not affect you.

I actually don't care what you think.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

From the time i lurked this site before joining,i know you and i would not always agree,but in this case,yes defo there are MUCH worse and more critical global matters to worry about.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It's offensive to possibly only 3% of the population. This is just another example of government lunacy and the tail-wag-dog sanctioned idiocy.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

Sperm donor: Jack Jones Egg donor: Jill Jones

No man, those are gender specific, too.

LMAO!
Coming soon to a department store near you in Canada... the signs "Womens fashion" will be replaced with "Dresses and bras" and "Mens fashion" with "Trousers and Boxer shorts"

EDIT
There will be trousers available for all genders in the trouser department though, and they will have to be labeled "Cut designed most comfortable for CIS female genitalia" or "Cut designed most comfortable for CIS male genitalia".

edit on 23-3-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

I was also outraged earlier, I saw a sign in the supermarket saying "Feminine Hygiene" that needs to be changed to "Menstrual products" immediately because it could offend people who identify as feminine but have no use for the product. The solely practical explanative descriptive term should be used these days.

Don't ya think Kaylaluv?

edit on 23-3-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
It's offensive to possibly only 3% of the population. This is just another example of government lunacy and the tail-wag-dog sanctioned idiocy.

Cheers - Dave

If being polite and referring to people how they’d like to be referred to is lunacy - call me crazy.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Fake news.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Fake news.

True!
...I read it in the Daily Mail

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

You still here? Shouldnt you be off stopping a war or something you are worried about?

edit on 23-3-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join