It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Gov agency tells staff they can't use words father or mother

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

A Canadian government agency has issued new guidelines telling staff to use gender-neutral terms instead of “father” or “mother” when talking to clients.

The directive by Service Canada ... says staff should use gender-neutral honorifics in order to avoid “portraying a perceived bias”

Honorifics such as mister, missus or miss “can be seen/perceived as gender specific"

The guidelines noticeably rule out using the words “father” and “mother,” as they are deemed “gender specific.”
Source

Employees of a government agency in Canada are no longer allowed to use words such as "father" or "mother", as these words refer to a specific gender and might be seen as "biased". This government agency is basically telling its employees that it's bad to acknowledge that genders exist.
Humanity is being absolutely twisted and perverted to the point of total moral and spiritual degeneracy. We are in a world where men are told they can be women and women are told they can be men, but you must dare not call them either because it's sexist to refer to gender.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Not even China would pull that crap. Despite what some may think, their family values are very important to them there (more than here I'd dare say).

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
So they are going to use the word “parent”.

Well, that’s it. We’re all gonna die. Thanks Canada!

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

LMAO!
What are they supposed to say instead? What do Canadian birth certificates have on them?

Child name: Johnny Jones
Sperm donor: Jack Jones
Egg donor: Jill Jones

Oh my, the world is getting crazier by the day

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Yep I saw this on the news. Its been in the works awhile, its all the Canada Service Centers that are doing this. I think its one of the worst things our government has initiated.

When my daughter was growing up i always felt proud when I had to write mother on government forms. My husband felt as equally proud to write father.

what happens on mothers day and fathers day, or will they combine it in one day and call it parent day.

sheeesh don't they have more important things to be concerned about.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Totally unacceptable.

First of all, the names "Johnny" & "Jack" those are male names.

Then sperm implies not only MALE sex junk stuff, but that males are required to procreate.

"Jones" points out how the women adopt the mans last names at marriage, thus rubbing the Patriarchy in everyones face.

Dont be such a jerk!

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Proves another point that the world has forgotten what is important and what isnt.

World war 3 will fix that for sure.

When you are concerned about human lives being lost, you stop worrying about trying not to offend someone elses feelings.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: alphacenturi

Dont worry, they'll just ban Father's Day and promote Mother's Day to National Holiday Status.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphacenturi

Yep I saw this on the news. Its been in the works awhile, its all the Canada Service Centers that are doing this. I think its one of the worst things our government has initiated.

Wow - really? The worst?

sheepish don't they have more important things to be concerned about.

I know I have more important things to be concerned about... like war, or health care, or education, or the economy... so, you’ll have to excuse me if I don’t spend any time worrying about government forms using the word “parent”.

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Then why are they worrying about it?????????

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Don’t know, don’t care. Doesn’t affect me in my life one tiny bit.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Totally unacceptable.

First of all, the names "Johnny" & "Jack" those are male names.

Then sperm implies not only MALE sex junk stuff, but that males are required to procreate.

"Jones" points out how the women adopt the mans last names at marriage, thus rubbing the Patriarchy in everyones face.

Dont be such a jerk!

Haha! Oh my gosh I'm going to dragged in for re-education in a government facility if I'm not careful!
Must keep up with current PC rules...must keep up with current PC rules...Do not offend...do not offend...resistance is futile...

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Yup. Heard this on the news last night. Stupidest thing ever. I lost brain cells trying to wrap my mind around this. What the hell is Mister Trudeau thinking?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Don’t know, don’t care. Doesn’t affect me in my life one tiny bit.

It's frickin embarrassing.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I’m in the U.S. and I have filled out various paperwork, some government-related, some not - that has asked for first parent information and second parent information.

Funny enough, I didn’t lose my mind, or have nightmares for months afterwards, or lose my identity as my child’s mother.

If you are a same-sex couple, mother/father doesn’t work. But parent always works.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid
Ah don't worry, it'll be the norm soon, my country Britain usually follows soon after when stuff like this happens over the Atlantic.
I still can't imagine what your birth certificates will end up like if mother and father are so offensive.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I adopted this enlightened philosophy a long time ago when I decided to just acknowledge everyone as gender-neutral 'morons.'

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
If you are a same-sex couple, mother/father doesn’t work. But parent always works.
What do children raised in same sex relationships call their parents then? Mommy one and mommy two, or daddy one and daddy two?
Genuine question, I don't know any same sex couples raising kids together.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I can't believe we live in a time where the word mother is offensive.
I would weep for the future but I'm not sure we have a future.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Agreed, to me 'Mother' is one of the most beautiful words in the English language.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join