It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border Wall for Mexico will be environmentally destructive

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

EVer hear of GASP!! doors built into the wall to allow animals to go through and the ability to monitor them while migrations go on?. I know right a crazy idea! I though the border wall was not to be built in mountanous regions. If so then this is more BS. The Jaguar has only recently came back and its loss would not make a difference to the US. Birds can fly over it. turtles can dig under it. same as snakes.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Point is, we have enough problems to deal with already, we don't need more.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

originally posted by: Raggedyman
I thought the wall was to keep US citizens in
Wasn't everyone going to leave

Mostly Hollywoodians were threatening to leave and inventing stories of the evil Trump and how he was this and that. Then, after a little limelight action to warm their exhibitionist hearts, they discovered that people didn't care if they left because they were unimportant and instantly replaceable.

Looking around, they decided to feign importance and so suddenly discovered the existence of the casting couch. No one had heard of such a thing before. They were certainly surprised and soon started a me too movement where, after years of exploitation, actresses would come forward and say "me, too" shocking everyone with this revelation. Now that the public has been distracted and Jabba the Weinstein has been vilified. Others soon followed and there was great rejoicing at the mass confessions by studmuffins that no one had ever suspected.

And that's why
Americans are silly
You guys never wanted Trump, you just voted for him believing all those retarded celebrities would leave
Ever speak about politicians and broken promises, don't forget the Rosie O Donnells and their broken promises
As a non yank, glad they lied, we didn't want them

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I agree, the boarder wall will be environmentally destructive. On top of that, sand is going to drift against it during a sand storm making it impossible for someone to climb over it, they won't even see the wall as they go over it. Seems like we are going to promote obesity if these Mexicans don't have proper exercise.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Thirty6BelowZero
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yes. There's a reason murder is illegal, and shooting a deer in July, and driving faster than the posted speed, and marrying someone when you're still married, etc.

Smoking pot is illegal. Slavery used to be legal. Just because you can name a few laws you agree with doesn't mean the totality of laws are agreeable. Don't be deliberately obtuse. Do you like the ACA?

I didn't name a few I like. I'd be here all day if I were to name them all. Point is, laws are written for a reason. Without laws, slavery would still be legal.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Nobody wants them except California or New York...

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

a reply to: nOraKat

Can anyone tell me what's bigoted and racist about a border wall?
"Good fences make good neighbors" -Robert Frost Do those that oppose the wall leave their doors unlocked at night? Nations like people have a right to protect themselves. The wall is an equal opportunity denier.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
It's amazing how the same people that argued that trophy hunters were the best choice for Trump's wildlife conservation council are now saying it doesn't matter of Trump's wall destroys an ecosystem.

It's almost like those people don't actually care about the environment. They just care about agreeing with Trump on everything.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

EVer hear of GASP!! doors built into the wall to allow animals to go through and the ability to monitor them while migrations go on?. I know right a crazy idea! I though the border wall was not to be built in mountanous regions. If so then this is more BS. The Jaguar has only recently came back and its loss would not make a difference to the US. Birds can fly over it. turtles can dig under it. same as snakes.

Do any of the prototypes have these doors? Or are you proposing we slap some doggie doors every few hundred yards or so?
edit on 3/23/2018 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
It's amazing how the same people that argued that trophy hunters were the best choice for Trump's wildlife conservation council are now saying it doesn't matter of Trump's wall destroys an ecosystem.

It's almost like those people don't actually care about the environment. They just care about agreeing with Trump on everything.

really is it amazing?

let's just put a bounty on the immigrants and let the trophy hunters fullfill the bloodlust

it will give the critters something to chew on

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
If you average 800000$ per 2000 watch post (cost may vary) that equals 1,600,000,000$

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Yes. There's a reason murder is illegal, and shooting a deer in July, and driving faster than the posted speed, and marrying someone when you're still married, etc.

Smoking pot is illegal. Slavery used to be legal. Just because you can name a few laws you agree with doesn't mean the totality of laws are agreeable. Don't be deliberately obtuse. Do you like the ACA?

I didn't name a few I like. I'd be here all day if I were to name them all. Point is, laws are written for a reason. Without laws, slavery would still be legal.

Yeah. The reason pot is illegal is because a racist ran an anti-scientific smear campaign against the plant 80 years ago and we've kept it as such out of tradition and an invented idea that smoking pot leads to harder drugs. That really sounds like GREAT reasoning to me... /sarc

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

I thought the wall was to keep US citizens in
Wasn't everyone going to leave

Mostly Hollywoodians were threatening to leave and inventing stories of the evil Trump and how he was this and that. Then, after a little limelight action to warm their exhibitionist hearts, they discovered that people didn't care if they left because they were unimportant and instantly replaceable.

Looking around, they decided to feign importance and so suddenly discovered the existence of the casting couch. No one had heard of such a thing before. They were certainly surprised and soon started a me too movement where, after years of exploitation, actresses would come forward and say "me, too" shocking everyone with this revelation. Now that the public has been distracted and Jabba the Weinstein has been vilified. Others soon followed and there was great rejoicing at the mass confessions by studmuffins that no one had ever suspected.

And that's why
Americans are silly
You guys never wanted Trump, you just voted for him believing all those retarded celebrities would leave
Ever speak about politicians and broken promises, don't forget the Rosie O Donnells and their broken promises
As a non yank, glad they lied, we didn't want them

Americans were not silly enough to believe Hillary so we settled for Trump. He is definitely stirring the pot. If the border wall disrupts a few ecosystems, life will go on. We don't need a wall on our northern boundary although our cousins to the north may want one to keep Hollywoodians out. They have other problems called Trudeauouche and are fast becoming as goofy as GB with the latest language requirements regarding parental gender.
On my last visit to Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, the local folk were complaining about the PM and thought he would be voted out.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The towns just south of our border are more akin to a war zone. Why people think we should have no protections from that is beyond me.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

They have cat doors now that only open for YOUR cat (if you have them microchipped).

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

a reply to: TinySickTears

So, childish jabs aside, you think everything would be like it is today if illegals weren't bringing drugs and crime over the border?

some things would be like it is today

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

They have cat doors now that only open for YOUR cat (if you have them microchipped).

So you plan on micro chipping all the wildlife in the American Southwest?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Snip, They plan on microchipping all of us so why not them too?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Snip, They plan on microchipping all of us so why not them too?

Lol. You still believe this is a thing? What with your wallet full of microchipped credit cards, your driver's license having a chip, and how everyone voluntarily pays a company to keep a computer that tracks you passively in their pockets? That's cute.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

You think I'm a big enough duche to have all that just because you are?

Just wait till the nanobot chips come out, if we dont already have them in us.

edit on 23-3-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join