It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border Wall for Mexico will be environmentally destructive

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
I just think we do it by ceasing our destructive activities in Mexico, then engage them in mutually beneficial trade to build their industry.

Aside from the "Wars of Drugs", I wasnt aware of US activities damaging the place. Not when our jobs are being shipped there. Note that I insist, from all of my research, that the border being wide open the way it has been has been all about keeping the drugs and drug dealing criminals flowing in, NOT about helping poor poor immigrants. That we're divided and arguing over that distraction is bonus to the agenda. As if the Ruling Elite give two snips about the immigrants, or even any of us, get real "liberals". It's all about the drug trade cash flow and you're all being hoodwinked (that includes everyone else that argues it along the lines the Elites / their MSM has trained US to).
edit on 23-3-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I think there are animal hotspots that could be open and guarded.

It has to be a give and take.

Likely most of the border could be walled without impact to animals.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Legalize drugs. Grow our own. Hunt illegals.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Legalize drugs. Remove minimum wage laws. Open the border completely. Sit back and enjoy.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Fast and FUrious moved how many guns into Mexico to be used by Cartels?

Our DEA was the muscle behind the explosion in growth for Sinaloa. The sinaloa that left tens of thousands of headless corpses along the border.

We didn't perform a war on drugs. We created a war on some cartels, using other cartels as our proxy.

On a side note: i am associated with a former Army medic that did missions in Costa Rica to guard crops there, as well. So it appears that the US Army has a role to play.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: nOraKat

Every paved road, fence line, aqueduct and concrete surface, is environmentally destructive.

"They paved paradise, and put up a parking lot." --Big Yellow Taxi

Uhh those areas are either built on existing human settlements or are built around environments that will be impacted.
A wall in the middle of no where scaling across ecosystems will have a huge impact.

It's obvious this would happen, the wall is a dumb idea anyways.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: nOraKat

Every paved road, fence line, aqueduct and concrete surface, is environmentally destructive.

"They paved paradise, and put up a parking lot." --Big Yellow Taxi

Uhh those areas are either built on existing human settlements or are built around environments that will be impacted.
A wall in the middle of no where scaling across ecosystems will have a huge impact.

It's obvious this would happen, the wall is a dumb idea anyways.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

And that's why I call it the "Wars of Drugs", as "They" aren't trying to stop their trade, but instead ensure it (in part by keeping the border wide open and everyone distracted arguing about immigration).

Didn't you see my exhaustive Report?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I am confused do we want immigrants everywhere or not?

Do we have enough people or not?

If yes do you understand that it will not be pretty when the flow is actually stopped.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
As destructive as this....www.youtube.com...

There is no comparison, no argument, this is entire regions of destruction.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

DAMN!

4,000,000 pounds of trash per year being left along the border each year.

Luckily TrueBrit informed us today that the bulk of the illegal immigrants are arriving by plane, not the border.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

If that is what you believe than why do you think the elites really want to build a wall?

Do you think a wall could stop the elites from bringing in drugs and criminals if the elites are the ones who build and maintain said wall?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
OH noes...the animals are going to be harmed oh noooo.

I swear. Any reason to stop it being built is being thrown out. And seems to me the man complaining is of mexican descent correct?

Most of those animals live on both sides of the border and can live on either side. This is a whole lot of bullcrap.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yes. There's a reason murder is illegal, and shooting a deer in July, and driving faster than the posted speed, and marrying someone when you're still married, etc.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Nevermind
edit on 3/23/2018 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
I thought the wall was to keep US citizens in
Wasn't everyone going to leave

Mostly Hollywoodians were threatening to leave and inventing stories of the evil Trump and how he was this and that. Then, after a little limelight action to warm their exhibitionist hearts, they discovered that people didn't care if they left because they were unimportant and instantly replaceable.

Looking around, they decided to feign importance and so suddenly discovered the existence of the casting couch. No one had heard of such a thing before. They were certainly surprised and soon started a me too movement where, after years of exploitation, actresses would come forward and say "me, too" shocking everyone with this revelation. Now that the public has been distracted and Jabba the Weinstein has been vilified. Others soon followed and there was great rejoicing at the mass confessions by studmuffins that no one had ever suspected.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

So, childish jabs aside, you think everything would be like it is today if illegals weren't bringing drugs and crime over the border?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

If that is what you believe than why do you think the elites really want to build a wall?

Do you think a wall could stop the elites from bringing in drugs and criminals if the elites are the ones who build and maintain said wall?

They dont, and thats why nearly the entire Propaganda Industrial Complex is so rabidly against it.

And that They are suggests it wouldnt be good news for the drugs trade.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thirty6BelowZero
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yes. There's a reason murder is illegal, and shooting a deer in July, and driving faster than the posted speed, and marrying someone when you're still married, etc.

Smoking pot is illegal. Slavery used to be legal. Just because you can name a few laws you agree with doesn't mean the totality of laws are agreeable. Don't be deliberately obtuse. Do you like the ACA?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Thirty6BelowZero

I have never met a mexican that wasn't hard working and honest.

And yes that is a true statement.

Does it mater? No . But nether does that silly stuff you just said.

I'm not talking about Mexicans. I'm talking about illegal aliens that hop the southern border. They're not just Mexicans.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join