It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border Wall for Mexico will be environmentally destructive

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
What's more damaging to the environment, a wall

Or this catastrophe left by illegals crossing the border?

This is known as a false dichotomy.

There are other solutions.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
There are varying degrees of punishment under the law that you are overlooking are you being purposely obtuse?

The bread stealer is guilty of stealing bread and taking food from some one else’s table
The bank thief is guilty of stealing millions and should get the proper punishment say life in jail?
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It's just an example and a rhetorical one at that. I wasn't expecting an answer to it. The point is that laws are just ink on paper. Kicking all border hoppers out just because they hopped the border is naive and just as short sighted as applying equal justice in my example.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: nOraKat

I agree. Rather than destroy nature we should destroy the people who hire illegals. Target the actual problem.

We need to follow the laws in all facets. Until that happens, we have no real idea where they fail and where they could be improved upon or changed, but so long as we are slack on some aspects, ignore others, and try to tell the world that we can pass new ones for a failing system we won't make anything work.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thirty6BelowZero

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Athetos
Illegal is illegal reguardless those people should be delt with according aswell,curious how much drugs,money.,guns and people the Indians are smuggling too and from the US.

Ok, if that is the hardass approach you want to take (me I don't care, "illegal" or "legal" is just a matter of a pen stroke) then apply a solution that targets ALL illegals. Not just selectively targets one section and drives perceptions of racism.

You guys think everything is racist. Trump wanted to put a travel ban on terror controlled cities and y'all called him racist and bigoted and said it was geared to stop muslims, even though it would have stopped anyone in those areas muslim and Christian alike... And even non religious people.

Nice deflection and whataboutism with a spice of ad hominem to boot. It's a tasty logical fallacy salad. Of course I'm not going to address a single point you made in here though.

link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Thirty6BelowZero
a reply to: nOraKat

Can anyone tell me what's bigoted and racist about a border wall?

Democrats think all illegal immigrants are Mexicans.

And the Mexican is a race.

link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That doesn't look false to me. It looks like reality. And as usual, it's not pretty.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

If its in response to the article going out of its way to open up by calling Trump a bigoted racist, then how is showing another example of the same assertion, how is that "whataboutism".

Jeez man.
edit on 23-3-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Your example wasn’t equal justice though it was a example of disparity.
Myopic indeed. I’ll simply agree to disagree with you we have different world views perhaps some day we can meet in the middle

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Because he was lumping me in with that accusation to shut my point down with minimal discussion when I didn't even make it or agree with the article in the first place. Nuance. Give it a try sometime. Not all of us liberals are the exact same stereotype like you like to believe.
edit on 23-3-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

What's more damaging to the environment, a wall

Or this catastrophe left by illegals crossing the border?

Sheeeeeit. Are you kidding?

That's prime real estate for se the Desert Woodrat, or the Cactus Mouse.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

YOU AREN'T BEING INVADED!

First of all, invasion has only ONE legitimate definition, and that is a military one. If you were being invaded, then you would be being bombed to soften up the population a little and thin the numbers, you would have warships off your coasts, you would be being landed by beach craft laden with tanks and mobile gun platforms, and the border would be over run not by fleeing, penniless, desperate people from nations your country has spent decades deliberately destabilising, but armed and armoured troops, in APCs and more tanks. Your precious wall would be for nothing at all, if it came to an actual invasion. Your melodramatic and utterly inaccurate description of the situation, does nothing for your case, other than to demonstrate the total lack of actual knowledge you have of it.

And another thing... The overwhelming majority of illegal immigration from ANYWHERE, comes of people flying into America, from Mexico and elsewhere in the South American nations, as well as the rest of the world, and overstaying their entirely legitimate visas. But you already know all this, and justify pretty much any negative consequence of the building of this successor to the Berlin Wall, despite how much of an utterly pointless, wasteful, phobia instigated, piece of crap the plan and the thing itself, will prove to be.

But there again, the people advocating for this ridiculous expression of base stupidity and callousness, already know these things, and have happily ignored them the whole time the discussion has been happening. In doing so they have proven how fact averse and utterly opposed to any form of useful conservatism they actually are.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Just like Europe isnt being invaded, and majority of the ones entering there are arriving by plane. Uh huh.

edit on 23-3-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I wonder if the Chinese did an environmental impact survey before building their wall. No worries, give it five or six hundred years and it will just be part of the landscape. Nature will adapt.
edit on 3 23 2018 by underpass61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I guess this puts the nuclear bombs,BP oilspill and monsanto to the back of the line?
Oh no...its Donald Trump,evil evil evil evil evil!!!!!!!!

I hate politics.

Stop the insanity!!

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Given that BP oilspill was an "Extinction Level Event", we'll all be dead by the time Trump's out of office, anyways. Polishing the brass on the Titanic all of us Earthlings are, I tell ya.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Unless that clothing is permanent and covers the ENTIRE border, I would say that yes a wall would be worse.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That doesn't look false to me. It looks like reality. And as usual, it's not pretty.

The picture might...your argument does not.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You do not get to be so apathetic that you permit your government to make war, and destabilise entire regions of the planet, then insist that no one get to the only place they know is safe from the economic and military assaults that America or Europe have been conducting on the nations of other people for DECADES AND DECADES WITHOUT RELENT!

You simply may not have that problem, do you understand? It is unforgivable selfishness, callousness and above all EVIL to consider your position as any more important than theirs, when it is the unwillingness of your people to prevent these things which contributes most to the situation which drives immigration! Take some damned responsibility for the actions of your leaders!

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: watchitburn

Unless that clothing is permanent and covers the ENTIRE border, I would say that yes a wall would be worse.

That's just one picture of one small area. It's much worse.
But keep your head in the sand or up your ass. Whichever makes you feel better.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

If you're not being invaded than how come something like 96.59383% of the people showing up are men?

And dont blame me for what the neocon's do. That's on them.

As if there wouldn't be fighting going on around there anyways (the stretch of land from Syria to Israel to Egypt has seen a war essentially every single year since the dawn of time).

Note, a chart I saw the migrant influx began the moment teh EU went wide open like over 15 years ago, well in advance of the Syrian Conflict this decade.

Note the word MIGRANT. Not to be interpreted as REFUGEES. Those arent all refugees flowing into Europe. And the majority of them arent there to melt, but instead colonize. So good luck with that. Keep arguing for them to come instead of fighting to end your own nations role in the imperialism you're pissed about (as am I).

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join