It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump ignores national security advisors written briefing... DO NOT CONGRATULATE PUTIN

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

The overview you pose is far from a given, from what I can see.

Givens are in short supply trucker. As far for my ''overview'' I can agree, my own personal overview IS far from given, it is hand crafted, as I would hope is yours, after many years of construction and remodeling.

But I think you may be right that you may be more optimistic than me. I have run the gamit of worst case scenarios to best case scenarios through my life and found them to be oddly connected in that in most cases, the best case scenario required complete belief and compliance in thought and action in order to avert the worst case scenario.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DogStarIn1066
I appreciate honest attempts as that is hopefully the basis of my own little attempts at debate or discussion
You say

I think he really screws up some things, but I think he hit a home run with North Korea so far.

Inthis I can agree, if. If his threatening really had anything to do with it, or if his international dealing with others forces of which we are unsure, such as pressure from N Ks allies. Either seem likely to me and if, and I repeat if, an accord can come about that backs down Kim then I say good on Trump. That is if. If Putin did not tell Kim outright, back down little brother and let him take the win or we will wring you like a wet sponge. And certainly that is an if too. But isn't that why we visit a conspircy site, to look into 'what ifs'?

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Well I do not hide my disgust for trump. Just like others on here don't hide their blind loyalty for him.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

But just because I can't stand trump that doesn't automatically make me a bleeding heart liberal either. I see some of the things trump is trying to do that I like but it's the way he sells it that I find divisive.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
First, congratulating Putin in nothing but a social response. Both know it.

That's not how states view these things. Trump nearly started a war early in his Presidency by taking a call from Taiwan which the US isn't supposed to recognize.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

That is my point KG, I don't know. His advisers are hand picked supposedly.
They represent the best people for the job because according to Trump he hires only the best, and he has picked them himself.
I'm sure I don't think like anyone he would choose to advise him as I am sure my advice would fall on deaf ears. But his own people made the advice so I do not know the whys of why they advised him as they did. I can only speculate about decisions made that are far from my bailiwick.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: DogStarIn1066
I appreciate honest attempts as that is hopefully the basis of my own little attempts at debate or discussion
You say

I think he really screws up some things, but I think he hit a home run with North Korea so far.

Inthis I can agree, if. If his threatening really had anything to do with it, or if his international dealing with others forces of which we are unsure, such as pressure from N Ks allies. Either seem likely to me and if, and I repeat if, an accord can come about that backs down Kim then I say good on Trump. That is if. If Putin did not tell Kim outright, back down little brother and let him take the win or we will wring you like a wet sponge. And certainly that is an if too. But isn't that why we visit a conspircy site, to look into 'what ifs'?

Well put.

For a while he scared the hel l out of me with N Korea. Now he is getting traction it seems. Good for him. I don't care how he is pulling this off, or if he did it by mistake.

Trump is getting movement in stopping a potential nuclear war ATS!

And I am not a fan, but can give credit where due.

Olive leaf thrown down.

Can't speak for Terry, but it looks like two folks who have called out Trump in the past can see past that and give him kudos for a major win.

Anyone want to hug us?

Maybe start talking in polite tones about some failings?

Lighten up and start praising the good and hammering the bad, without playing a team blood sport?

Things are looking up!

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   

In a a written brief concerning the phone call to Putin, Trump was warned by his national security advisers to not congratulate Putin. It was spelled out in
CAPITAL LETTERS,,,,JUST LIKE THIS.
If he is going to have the ''best people'' to help him run his White House, why does he ignore them.

In that call he was also advised to condemn the poisoning of the ex-spy in the UK. He ignored that advise also.
Again, if he has ''THE BEST PEOPLE'' advising him,,, why does he ignore that advise?
www.washingtonpost.com...

Can I ask one simple question???

Why the hell should we hear about private briefs between the president and his national security advisers?

Does anyone else see just how F up this is?

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

In a a written brief concerning the phone call to Putin, Trump was warned by his national security advisers to not congratulate Putin. It was spelled out in
If he is going to have the ''best people'' to help him run his White House, why does he ignore them.

In that call he was also advised to condemn the poisoning of the ex-spy in the UK. He ignored that advise also.
Again, if he has ''THE BEST PEOPLE'' advising him,,, why does he ignore that advise?

Why the hell should we hear about private briefs between the president and his national security advisers?

Maybe trasparancy? Not everything that goes on with the people who work for us should be hidden away under the guise of national security.

edit on 21-3-2018 by DogStarIn1066 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DogStarIn1066

Maybe trasparancy? Not everything that goes on with the people who work for us should be hidden away under the guise of national security.

Transparency of what? All the inter actions of the President...lol

How much Transparency did we get from Obama who made transparency one of his campaign promises?

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   

How much Transparency did we get from Obama who made transparency one of his campaign promises?

All due respect, but you were specifically referencing Trump.

I have a clearance. Clearances deal with how you handle information. Most clearances are for national security, with some emphasis on the state department.

If I say more I will get arrested and sent to gitmo.

But really, most classified stuff is classified because people are overly cautious. It is really easy to classify information, and, well, better safe than sorry.

So most folks classify everything rather than do the work to release it. Nothing sinister most times.

Unless it is.

So, it is pretty much like everyone at work, where ever you work, wants less hassle in their life, so they do things the safe and easy way. In the Fed they classify everything.

Not very good for open government though.

So I am all for forcing the government workers to prove national security before classification, rather than Americans having to prove otherwise after.

Want to join me?
edit on 21-3-2018 by DogStarIn1066 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   

I'm not buying it the whole story sounds made up so they could attack Trump for congratulating Putin. It's standard every president does it in fact Obama did the same in 2012. It's so standard Putin called to congratulate Obama and Trump. It's what you do to help maintain international relations.

Someone please explain why people want to sour Russian relations and start a war?? You must maintain contact without that there will be war. Even during the Cold War with soviets we had to keep communications open it actually prevented a nuclear exchange.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

I'm not buying it the whole story sounds made up so they could attack Trump for congratulating Putin. It's standard every president does it in fact Obama did the same in 2012. It's so standard Putin called to congratulate Obama and Trump. It's what you do to help maintain international relations.

Someone please explain why people want to sour Russian relations and start a war?? You must maintain contact without that there will be war. Even during the Cold War with soviets we had to keep communications open it actually prevented a nuclear exchange.

What part is made up?

Who wants to start a war?

I am interested because you made these two statement:

1. The story about Trump calling Putin is not true, and
2. People want to start a war

Is this something I missed?

Thanks for your help with this.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   
It's very simple. You don't congratulate a ballot-stuffing cheater who thinks that democracy is something that can be twisted like a pretzel and who wants to re-write a lot of borders in Eastern Europe. Trump is a moron and a child.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Yeah he did, twice and the Iranian dude, the muslim brotherhood dude in egypt that had to be impeached, and multiple others.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
It's very simple. You don't congratulate a ballot-stuffing cheater who thinks that democracy is something that can be twisted like a pretzel and who wants to re-write a lot of borders in Eastern Europe. Trump is a moron and a child.

That's a mirror dude.

Might want to head butt it.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Geeze, no transparency at all.

He lied his way through 8 yrs.

Still lying.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   

All due respect, but you were specifically referencing Trump.

I have a clearance. Clearances deal with how you handle information. Most clearances are for national security, with some emphasis on the state department.

If I say more I will get arrested and sent to gitmo.

But really, most classified stuff is classified because people are overly cautious. It is really easy to classify information, and, well, better safe than sorry.

So most folks classify everything rather than do the work to release it. Nothing sinister most times.

Unless it is.

So, it is pretty much like everyone at work, where ever you work, wants less hassle in their life, so they do things the safe and easy way. In the Fed they classify everything.

Not very good for open government though.

So I am all for forcing the government workers to prove national security before classification, rather than Americans having to prove otherwise after.

Want to join me?

yeah? and what would happen to u if they found classified info on your private server?

Like TS and above?

Do you need the big red stamp or not?

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Really then why did obama congratulate Irainian president Hassan Rouhani? Oh and of course Putin in his 2012 victory you know the one where people protested claiming ballot stuffing??

So I see its ok for Obama to do this but Trump does and somehow it's wrong?

Anti Trumpers are working incredibly hard to attack Russia but international politics doesn't work that way. If you don't keep communications open especially with nuclear powers you will assure there will be a war. Like it or not Putin's in charge he has nukes and as such the president is required to keep communications open with Putin. The president attacking him accomplishes nothing other then set the stage for ww3.

So all these people that want to say what you do when dealing with foreign powers are clueless. And if Obama was in charge we wouldn't hear one single complaint this is nothing more then attacking Trump trying to claim he's soft on Russia.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: andrewh7

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: RazorV66
Big deal.
As a slight to Leftists everywhere, I would like to congratulate Putin as well.

Ah ha, Another worshiper at the feet of despots. Trump praised what's his name in China for clearing the way to life time ruler-ship and quipped that maybe we could do that here also. Now he just congratulates Putin who looks to be there for life time and you congratulate him also. I guess we know where your patriotism stands, four square behind dictators.

China is a Communist country, that’s how they roll.
Why the hell do you care if Putin rules Russia for life?
You plan on moving there?

It's one of the disadvantages of not being a psychopath - pesky empathy.

Yeah still don't see you moving to sudan.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join